News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

you people make me sick

Started by East Coast Hustle, December 03, 2007, 03:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Some peoples cooking can already do that.

AFK

word, which is why I generally try to find some sort of excuse for not going to mom-in-law's house for dinner. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

König Bonifaz

Quote from: triple zero on December 03, 2007, 06:29:27 PM
i like to think of myself as a pretty good cook, of course not to the level as someone like you doing it professionally.

I don't know about the actual cooking prowess of this man, but his decriptions regularly pulled a Pavlov on me.
"Prophets hold a key to the lock in a language. The mechanical image remains only an image to them. This is not a mechanical universe."
- Frank Herbert, 'God Emperor of Dune'

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on December 03, 2007, 07:44:52 PM
Not unlike Mainers and Quebecois!

Next thing we know, someone will experiment with making "fusion cuisine" and posting about it. Much like Maine, it will probably leave people cold and dead inside.

just for that, I am going to invent Punjab-TexMex fusion cuisine.

ECH,
wonders if the world is ready for Rogan Josh with pinto beans
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: triple zero on December 03, 2007, 06:29:27 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 03, 2007, 03:28:18 PM
the level of culinary depravity and/or ineptitude on this board makes me a sad panda.

please give some examples, so people having posted in this board can have an idea whether they should feel addressed by your complaints.

i like to think of myself as a pretty good cook, of course not to the level as someone like you doing it professionally. so if you think any of my postings here are culinary depravity (and not intended as such, like the toothpasta al dente story), i'd love to hear about it, really.

OK...

example: ECH makes a blanket statement about everyone else on the board and is taken seriously, even by people who KNOW that they have plenty of kitchen skills.

:lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

srsly though.

you people make me sick.

Payne

How do I made toast?

What? Microwave it?

8)

East Coast Hustle

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 03, 2007, 10:53:23 PM
example: ECH makes a blanket statement about everyone else on the board and is taken seriously, even by people who KNOW that they have plenty of kitchen skills.

zomg, you were totally trolling me, riling me up and conducticting social experiments on me!!

you make me sick too.

:)

Quote from: Payne on December 03, 2007, 10:56:30 PMHow do I made toast?

What? Microwave it?

8)

i know a girl who tried to prepare pasta by putting it in the microwave.

... still inside the plastic packaging bag.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Payne

You told me that story in IRC, LERN2REMEMBER n00b!

Also, I know someone who tried to make toast in the microwave. Even buttered it first.

I lol'ed.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: triple zero on December 03, 2007, 11:26:16 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 03, 2007, 10:53:23 PM

zomg, you were totally trolling me, riling me up and conducticting social experiments on me!!

you make me sick too.

:)

yeah, I know...but I've been housebound for 2 days because of this blizzard and I'm REALLY FUCKING BORED.

apologies for my lame socio-lol-ical experiment.

Sepia

Today I made walnut bread from my sourdough, mainly experimenting with agar agar and its uses in baked goods.

Agar agar is quite interesting. Usually, you warm the stuff and it makes it into jelly. Like gelatine or boxes of jelly. The funny thing about combining agar with a sourdough riser (I didn't feed my good one so it died on me, thus I turned lazy) is that it developes a smell I've never smelled ever before in my entire life. It's like the stench that's stuck in your nose after snorting some bad cocaine coupled together with the smell of instant tomato soup before you add water and Dr.Pepper.

Other than that, the experiment was quite useless, having no impact on taste, texture or smell.

For breakfast I had the bread with some hummus I'd made the day earlier with a few slices of cucumber on top.

For lunch I had some truly vile shit they passed off as vegetarian lasagne.

For dinner I had tofu (frozen, thawed and then pressed before marinating in grape,  lime, lemon, sesame oil and sesame seeds) which was oven baked in small cubes with grilled aubergine and lightly roasted Torrino tomaters with salt and pepper. To go with this I had a risotto with truffel oil and a small salad with whatever was left of my raspberry balsamic reduction. As I was hungry as hell, I had a few slices of bread with some dauro on top of it.

In the evening, I made a pasta salad to bring to my exam in about five hours.

Student + living in norway = impossible to make anything real nice but I've gotten to be a damned good baker.
Everyone will always be too late

Sir Squid Diddimus

today....

my fiance made me a sammich.

it was tastey. and im still hungry.

always hungry.