News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Acosmicist UNLIMITED fightin' the power thread

Started by Acosmicist, July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

NO! Never leave, keep posting.

Everyone here is so circle jerky. I like you Acosmicist. You're autistic, but a different kind then these twats, and if you ever post I will be there to reply. In a snarky encouraging way.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on August 05, 2015, 05:02:52 AM
Everyone here is so circle jerky. I like you Acosmicist. You're autistic, but a different kind then these twats, and if you ever post I will be there to reply. In a snarky encouraging way.

Why doesn't anyone like Meunster?  :(
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: President Television on August 05, 2015, 04:16:15 AM
Yeah, the whole deal is that we never actually silence anyone. We just give them a little quarantine thread, and if they decide to stop posting like dickbags, they're free to do so. We, however, are also free to ridicule them. As a result, usually they leave after a bit.

Note that no longer posting like a dickbag doesn't necessarily entail any grovelling. It's exactly what it says on the tin. If you make a post that is helpful, funny, original, or at least doesn't consist of perpetuating your bullshit/drama, it won't get moved over here. At least, that's my understanding of the practice. I'm not a mod or admin.

I have in fact allowed a non-dickbag post outside of this thread.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 05, 2015, 01:30:40 AM
Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 11:10:11 PM
I think what you guys might be trying to say is, "You wouldn't like it if we came to your super serious forum and just went around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, would you?"

Yes.

Jesus fuck.. No. We aren't complete hypocrites. What we're asking is that if you come to our super serious forum and just go around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, at least be funny.

He an Meunster have one thing in common:  They view "friends" as "circle jerk".
Molon Lube

Meunster

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 05, 2015, 05:25:33 AM
I think what you guys might be trying to say is, "You wouldn't like it if we came to your super serious forum and just went around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, would you?"

Yes.

Jesus fuck.. No. We aren't complete hypocrites. What we're asking is that if you come to our super serious forum and just go around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, at least be funny.

I view everything as a circle jerk
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 05, 2015, 05:25:33 AM

Yes.

The big difference is that Meunster is actually funny. Most of the time. Sometimes he falls flat, but we can't all be perfect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, jesus fuck, we put up with TTM for how many years? Funny buys a lot of slack.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Acosmicist

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 10, 2015, 05:34:39 PM
I think that the starting point is eliminating hunger and poverty, which is a pretty lofty goal.
If you keep feeding poor, uneducated, starving people, they breed. You can keep shipping more and more food but it will never be enough. This is what the greedy, racist white people whose names end in -berg and -stein sit and talk about in those super secret Illuminati meetings. Population control. So, pass the word, spay and neuter your poor people.
Quote from: Demolition Squid on July 10, 2015, 06:09:55 PM
There's a vested interest in keeping segments of the world divided along racial lines.
See above.
You know what I hear a lot?
"Anything that allows Shaniqua to stop having 12 kids with unidentified fathers and making a living standing in the welfare line saves everyone money, so I support abortion."
I'd say this attitude has nearly as much influence in the abortion debate as "women's rights;" maybe even more behind the scenes.
Population control is higher priority than feeding poor people.
Jesus could come back at any time, right?
Then you'd need to radically restructure the role or message of religion, as most major organized religions perpetuate certain gender roles.
...because people are clearly ready and willing to let the benevolent world government transparently dictate to their church what their teachings should be...
If that's your approach, you'd better step up the Illuminati imagery in music videos and get more celebrities in on the New World Order bandwagon.
Once you've eliminated the main reasons that people judge others - socio-economic status, religious grounds and nationalism - then race starts to be far less important.
I don't think those things will undermine racism like you think they will.
People take pride in exclusivity. It's how people express uniqueness and see themselves as having value and influence.
"Check out this umbrella stand. It's made from the ground bones of Panda bears. There is only one in the world, and it's mine. Don't tell the police, k?"
"I invented this particular design for a wood screw. Gibs patent. Now."
"Every song in country/rap/pop music sounds exactly like the rest. We need more genres."
There is a portion of the brain that, if damaged in the right way, will leave you completely unable to have preferences.  Affected patients can sit and have internal debates for hours trying to logically determine which breakfast cereal to buy, which shirt to wear, and whether to write with a blue or black pen.
There's your Final Solution.
I'm not sure how you go about removing the fact that people treat people of the gender they find attractive (or unattractive) differently to other people. I think removing a lot of the taboo around sex is a start - so you probably have to eliminate all sexually transmitted diseases, and make birth control trivially easy to obtain. You ultimately need to eradicate the idea that sex is a significant motivating factor, so that the possibility of sex is no longer able to colour decisions - and therefore what gender someone chooses to present themselves as can't significantly alter how they are treated by the people around them. Such a culture probably winds up looking pretty hedonistic from our standpoint. Or, alternatively, has completely eradicated sex in favour of a means of reproduction that involves as few biological parts as possible.
...wut...
Quote from: Reginald Ret on July 14, 2015, 09:57:05 AM
Well... in that case most people suck!
Everything sucks. We literally exist to accelerate the process of achieving thermodynamic equilibrium. All energy must be redistributed so evenly that everything freezes to death. That's the meaning of life. The universe never promised desirable results.
Quote from: Reginald Ret on July 14, 2015, 09:57:05 AM
I can never wrap my mind around the fact that almost everyone sees such superficial things as IMPORTANT THINGS.
Good people notice and remember actions better than looks.
Let me help you. Do you happen to find some eye colors more attractive than others?
If so, consider what it would mean if the genes that caused that specific eye color were recessive.
That means they can potentially be lost, forever, in the right circumstances.
If not, it's not all that fair of you to tell people they should stop liking what you don't like.
White Nationalists will tell you that they want to preserve genetic diversity by resisting multiculturalism. They want the majority of people to be comfortable with the idea of, for the most part, keeping to their own kind, not for the sake of never having to be around black people, but because they feel that multiculturalism unintentionally destroys all cultural variance over time.
Context. That's what the PD means by those "grids".
Personally, I don't care what happens. I'm just a Chaotic Neutral Cleric with no weapons. You guys keep fighting over the "important stuff". Wake me up when you all figure it out. I'm not 100% white, if you decide that you have to round up white people and slaughter them to save the world, at least listen to me when I tell you that I try not to judge the value of people for things that are out of their control. Value judgments, however, are not a logical, conscious decision. They're an emotional one.
In the distant future, when we have a complete handle on everything relevant to our lives, and we can genetically engineer perfection and become the gods of the universe, we won't even realize how much fun it was getting the work done to achieve it. Therefore, God exists, and he loves us because we're so awful.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 05, 2015, 05:44:53 AM
I mean, jesus fuck, we put up with TTM for how many years? Funny buys a lot of slack.

TTM made me laugh on occasion, but I haven't been friendly with him since 2005.  He was too much of a dick, and I'd just as soon not be around him.  I even remember the post that did it.

Funny buys something, but I am an irritable son of a bitch these days, so it buys less than normal.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, it's worth noting that Meunster doesn't have an unlimited thread.

I don't like him on account of no social filters, but he isn't flooding or anything.  One is just my opinion, the other fucks the board up.
Molon Lube

Acosmicist

I don't even know what I did that was so bad that time...

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Acosmicist

I've had this book sitting next to me for quite some time now.

How to Win Friends and Influence People

Too long; didn't read.

Acosmicist

Quote from: Meunster on August 05, 2015, 05:02:52 AM
NO! Never leave, keep posting.

That's not gonna work.