News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

No, really...

Started by Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins, August 07, 2005, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

Discordians stand outside the veil of cloak and dagger faiths and principles,  and say; the cloak's too small but the dagger; nice fit!

So, relatively speaking, (yes please), compare this with other ideas.
Say, Discordian's vs. Nihilist's. (compare others at will).

Is it absurd to give proviso to the notion of "laws" in Discordianism in as much as saying; commandments for Nihilist's!?

Mull it over and then slap it on here.

Or tell me to take a flying lizard leap out of the threads pool.

Either way it's fine because, well hell; flying!

"That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol' days, each village had to endure it's own damn idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world." Anonymous

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsDiscordians stand outside the veil of cloak and dagger faiths and principles,  and say; the cloak's too small but the dagger; nice fit!

I like that.

The rest was shit, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

That's as good as it gets huh!?

"That's the problem with the internet. Back in the good ol' days, each village had to endure it's own damn idiot. But now one has to deal with idiots from villages around the world." Anonymous

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

No really. That's it?!  :?

Perhaps it's on the wrong board, or perhaps forum even. I'd think someone out there could provide a viewpoint other than just the one flippant reflective. Or is it considered Discordian to have so many readers drawing opinions,  while according TGRR the right to speak for everyone who are suppose to think for themselves schmuck, yet don't speak their mind!?

Just AKsin.

*sig. edit*

hooplala

Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsSo, relatively speaking, (yes please), compare this with other ideas.
Say, Discordian's vs. Nihilist's. (compare others at will).

Is it absurd to give proviso to the notion of "laws" in Discordianism in as much as saying; commandments for Nihilist's!? [/img]

I don't really get your point, to be quite honest.  It seems like parts of what you are trying to express are missing.  What are you trying to say?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

Thank you for asking. Perhaps I wasn't clear and that's the problem.

Basically; Isn't it absurd to have laws in Discordianism!? How does one meet out the other? Relative to the "don't believe everything you read" , and regardless. Discordians must believe something to label themselves as such, and by consequence is it not then redundancy!?

Akin to the imagery of Nihilists ascribing to commandments.

So, regardless of the 5 commandments, the 23 etc... what's your point in all this. (The term, "your", being relative to whomever chooses to read/answer my Q. )

I ask with all respect , because I find behaviors interesting, and I'm fond of looking for the "why" behind things, at times.  For instance, I've met "Fundamentalist Witches", that ascribe Wiccan doctrine dogmatic.
I've met Nihilists that hold there is a profile one must live up to, to truly call themselves Nihilist. I've met Buddhist Pagans, Etc...

For instance I've found  some people who proclaim a belief system and consequently subscribe to fundamental codes of behavior that are associated with that .  And ultimately many prove themselves to be contrary to everything they believe.

Ergo, why?

Why is it necessary to, for instance, subscribe to a theory of chaos, eris, discordianism, etc... and give it a name?!  I've read people on this site alone, who profess some are not "discordian", even though they share here.  
Which then boasts the query; Who says?

That's why I'm asking.
I thought I was clear initially, however I appreciate that your the only person that proffered the suggestion I may not have been so, long after 50+ reads.

That in itself speaks volumes.

Thanks Baron,  for speaking up. :)

hooplala

Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsThank you for asking. Perhaps I wasn't clear and that's the problem.

Basically; Isn't it absurd to have laws in Discordianism!? How does one meet out the other? Relative to the "don't believe everything you read" , and regardless. Discordians must believe something to label themselves as such, and by consequence is it not then redundancy!?

Akin to the imagery of Nihilists ascribing to commandments.

So, regardless of the 5 commandments, the 23 etc... what's your point in all this. (The term, "your", being relative to whomever chooses to read/answer my Q. )

I ask with all respect , because I find behaviors interesting, and I'm fond of looking for the "why" behind things, at times.  For instance, I've met "Fundamentalist Witches", that ascribe Wiccan doctrine dogmatic.
I've met Nihilists that hold there is a profile one must live up to, to truly call themselves Nihilist. I've met Buddhist Pagans, Etc...

For instance I've found  some people who proclaim a belief system and consequently subscribe to fundamental codes of behavior that are associated with that .  And ultimately many prove themselves to be contrary to everything they believe.

Ergo, why?

Why is it necessary to, for instance, subscribe to a theory of chaos, eris, discordianism, etc... and give it a name?!  I've read people on this site alone, who profess some are not "discordian", even though they share here.  
Which then boasts the query; Who says?

That's why I'm asking.
I thought I was clear initially, however I appreciate that your the only person that proffered the suggestion I may not have been so, long after 50+ reads.

That in itself speaks volumes.

Thanks Baron,  for speaking up. :)

I can only speak for myself, obviously.  But, for me, I can say that when I first read the Principia Discordia I was very attracted to the concept of us being 'free' already, and simply not realizing it   I liked the concept of creating who you are, instead of being who everyone else thinks you are.  I liked the concept of there being no rules, which is of course a rule itself, but like the Sacred Chao teaches, it ain't all disorder. Order is important too, which some people forget now and then.

So to me, Discordianism doesn't lack rules, it simply lacks established rules.  I see Discordianism as an idea you can interpret to fit or please yourself.  So, as a result I have very definite ideas of what being a Discordian constitutes, but being Discordianism my idea probably doesn't fit into other people's ideas of the same concept.  Which is why there are so many one-person cabals.  I like to believe that the other Justified Agents of Mummu share my ideas, but each person sees things their own way, so when I talk about the Kaufman Cabal, I refer only to myself.

Does that even come close to answering your question?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

It does indeed. That was excellent and Thank You!  :D

hooplala

Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsIt does indeed. That was excellent and Thank You!  :D

Pas de probl?®me!

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

fnordiscordia

Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsNo really. That's it?!  :?

Perhaps it's on the wrong board, or perhaps forum even. I'd think someone out there could provide a viewpoint other than just the one flippant reflective. Or is it considered Discordian to have so many readers drawing opinions,  while according TGRR the right to speak for everyone who are suppose to think for themselves schmuck, yet don't speak their mind!?

Just AKsin.

*sig. edit*

I hear footsteps. Where is the mightly Chef?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Machine Grind Dream
Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsNo really. That's it?!  :?

Just AKsin.

*sig. edit*

I hear footsteps. Where is the mightly Chef?

Kicking the shit out of the perverts at the Hentai site.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iron Sulfide

the thing about Discordianism(tm) is that while i am happy to call myself
a discordian, i am always weary of actually meeting another.

discordianism allows for the participant to create hir own religion.
it serves as a template. humans have been so entrenched in this system
of dogma that most people find it absolutely necessary to have some kind
of solid belief system. some people never alter their templates. others
have altered their template far differently than i care for. that's their
trip.

the reason i 'became' a discordian was simply because at the impressionable
age that i discovered the PD (and the impressionable state i was in) sort
of scrambled my hardwiring without shorting it completely. so this is what
i got imprinted with. but it has a silly series of idioms and parables that
cause a chai reachtion in the brain (or, rather, my brain) that got me
caught in many a strange loop (infinite dilemma), forcing me to think my
way out of the bag.

today, to say i am 'discordian" would deny a great deal about who i am, but
it would acknowledge a small part of me that started it's current journey.

as for the 'laws and (cat)dogma' of discordianism. the laws aren't there to
not be broken, they are there, 1) to BE broken, and 2) to contradict
eachother like a Zen Koan.

or at least, that's how i feel bout it.
Ya' stupid Yank.

hooplala

Quote from: N'yo B?©, Terrorist Zenjathe thing about Discordianism(tm) is that while i am happy to call myself
a discordian, i am always weary of actually meeting another.

discordianism allows for the participant to create hir own religion.
it serves as a template. humans have been so entrenched in this system
of dogma that most people find it absolutely necessary to have some kind
of solid belief system. some people never alter their templates. others
have altered their template far differently than i care for. that's their
trip.

the reason i 'became' a discordian was simply because at the impressionable
age that i discovered the PD (and the impressionable state i was in) sort
of scrambled my hardwiring without shorting it completely. so this is what
i got imprinted with. but it has a silly series of idioms and parables that
cause a chai reachtion in the brain (or, rather, my brain) that got me
caught in many a strange loop (infinite dilemma), forcing me to think my
way out of the bag.

today, to say i am 'discordian" would deny a great deal about who i am, but
it would acknowledge a small part of me that started it's current journey.

as for the 'laws and (cat)dogma' of discordianism. the laws aren't there to
not be broken, they are there, 1) to BE broken, and 2) to contradict
eachother like a Zen Koan.

or at least, that's how i feel bout it.

Well said.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Clichés_Dyed_4_My_Sins

fnordiscordia

Quote from: Clich?©s_Dyed_4_My_SinsIt does indeed. That was excellent and Thank You!  :D

FREE! FREE TO BE A FUCKING IDIOT! (this only seems to apply to cliche right now)