News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Fashion Design: Steampunk

Started by Kaienne, September 25, 2007, 06:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

An honest question:

During that time, did Aini talk about anything other than furries, fire breathing, bondage, stilts, piercing, sword-swollowing, or necro-fetishes?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Err... who cares?

Aini has issues. So what? We all have issues. I think Aini often seems cool, weird and stuck with some bad mental programs, sure, but I'm weird and still beating off bad mental programs... I just don't talk about it that much here. BMW seems to have seen some aspect of Aini that many people didn't. As to the demons that she has to fight, who the fuck cares? If her bars are made of prejudice, that's a tough trip, but they're still just bars... like the ones many of us see in our own cells and hope to break free of, aren't they?

"The most thoroughly and relentlessly Damned, banned, excluded,
condemned, forbidden, ostracized, ignore, suppressed, repressed,
robbed, brutalized and defamed of all Damned Things is the individual
human being." - Never Whistle While You're Pissing, Hagbard Celine
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Darth Cupcake

I agree with you, Rat.

But at the same time, numerous members of the board repeatedly asked Aini to stop posting completely off-topic posts about "HAI GUISE CHECK OUT MY SEX LIFE!" in threads that have nothing to do with it. It was, especially for the members of this board, generally done in a rather polite fashion, too. Despite the fact that it reached a point of a knee jerk reaction of disgust from seeing Aini's name come up as the most recent post in a thread (not because I'm grossed out by her sex life, but because I was JUST SO SICK of hearing about it) I did my best to ignore it and not comment because YES, it is her life and her choices and to each their own, etc.

But LMNO raises a valid point--she spends a lot of time flaunting things that people don't want her to flaunt, despite repeated requests to stop. So it shouldn't be shocking that people who haven't seen the side of her that BMW obviously has are having a hard time feeling sympathetic.

Again, at the end of the day, I agree with you--it's her life, her bars, her choices, etc. When she can stop making sure that we all know how much she loves kinky sex with girls, she's a good contributor to the board. I can't believe that she's the only female here who has been through shitty shit in regards to sex, or that none of the guys on this board have close female friends/family/etc who have been through shitty shit, so I don't think it's a lack of empathy on anyone's part. I think it's just that in a community, you get out what you put in--and she showed several times a lack of respect for the requests of members here, so they showed a lack of respect when she said something that wasn't liked. She and BMW have formed a bond distinctly different from that of her relationship with a large part of the rest of the forum, so their dynamic is different.

I don't know if this is coming out rationally at all. I'm going to stop there. I hope I somewhat got my point across?
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on January 25, 2008, 05:41:21 PM
I agree with you, Rat.

But at the same time, numerous members of the board repeatedly asked Aini to stop posting completely off-topic posts about "HAI GUISE CHECK OUT MY SEX LIFE!" in threads that have nothing to do with it. It was, especially for the members of this board, generally done in a rather polite fashion, too. Despite the fact that it reached a point of a knee jerk reaction of disgust from seeing Aini's name come up as the most recent post in a thread (not because I'm grossed out by her sex life, but because I was JUST SO SICK of hearing about it) I did my best to ignore it and not comment because YES, it is her life and her choices and to each their own, etc.

But LMNO raises a valid point--she spends a lot of time flaunting things that people don't want her to flaunt, despite repeated requests to stop. So it shouldn't be shocking that people who haven't seen the side of her that BMW obviously has are having a hard time feeling sympathetic.

Again, at the end of the day, I agree with you--it's her life, her bars, her choices, etc. When she can stop making sure that we all know how much she loves kinky sex with girls, she's a good contributor to the board. I can't believe that she's the only female here who has been through shitty shit in regards to sex, or that none of the guys on this board have close female friends/family/etc who have been through shitty shit, so I don't think it's a lack of empathy on anyone's part. I think it's just that in a community, you get out what you put in--and she showed several times a lack of respect for the requests of members here, so they showed a lack of respect when she said something that wasn't liked. She and BMW have formed a bond distinctly different from that of her relationship with a large part of the rest of the forum, so their dynamic is different.

I don't know if this is coming out rationally at all. I'm going to stop there. I hope I somewhat got my point across?

Oh I quite agree, as I said... I don't ramble on about my personal issues here (for just that reason).

But, even that act which might be considered a call for attention is just another damned bar, no? Some of us don't have to be the center of attention, or we get the attention another way (TGGR's HATESHIT, or my posts like this maybe?).

I didn't mean for that last post to come out as accusatory or anything... I just find Internet forums to be a bad place to determine how useful or useless anyone is LOL.

Except Rog ;-)

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on January 25, 2008, 04:24:12 PM
An honest question:

During that time, did Aini talk about anything other than furries, fire breathing, bondage, stilts, piercing, sword-swollowing, or necro-fetishes?

(You knew this was coming)

BLACK MEN

LMNO

My point being, that if perhaps Aini did talk about things other than the above to BMW, then the following applies:

1) Aini is capable of other subjects, and can be of some comfort in difficult times.

2) It is understandable why BMW would feel some sort of platonic bond with Aini.

Mayhaps you judge me too quickly, Rat?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on January 25, 2008, 06:03:57 PM
My point being, that if perhaps Aini did talk about things other than the above to BMW, then the following applies:

1) Aini is capable of other subjects, and can be of some comfort in difficult times.

2) It is understandable why BMW would feel some sort of platonic bond with Aini.

Mayhaps you judge me too quickly, Rat?
I didn't intend that to be judgment (else I'd be damning too).  Sorry if it came across that way. I intended it only as a my own comment on how I perceived Aini.

Mourning Star

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNO on January 25, 2008, 04:24:12 PM
An honest question:

Yes actually, we talked about life, about the general troubles each of us were having, about the happenings on the forums, about the woods she has near her house, etc.

Occassionally something on one of her shows would come up, and we'd talk about it for a bit, but then we'd talk about something else. *shrug* It didn't come up as much as other personal things, and I'll keep those to myself.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sorry for the OT post, but does anyone know why page 20 of this thread freezes my browser?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hells yes, it is! But it doesn't seem to freeze Firefox on THIS page. Only page 20.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel