News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Mirror Universe?

Started by BadBeast, January 19, 2012, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Quote from: Khara on January 20, 2012, 04:56:42 PM
:lulz:

I know that many say a pun is the lowest form of humor, but they crack me up anyway.
The only people who say "The Pun is the lowest form of wit", don't actually get puns.
The people who say "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" are generally those with no built in immunity to sarcasm.

But the lowest form of wit, must be the kind that goes around trying to calibrate some kind of a "Wit scale" for forms of humour that they don't get. Or can't do. Or dare not laugh at.
If wit were shit, these people would be so anally retentive, and constipated, physically and intellectually that they'd have to have a very good friend 'coax' their shit out of them with a bent wire coathanger.

And even then, I don't suspect they'd even find that funny.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Rumckle

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on January 20, 2012, 02:58:32 PM
Also there's an awful lot more habitable landmass north of the equator, so odds are pretty good any dominant culture would have started out from that half of the planet.

But that just makes the world top-heavy and unstable.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Rumckle on January 20, 2012, 10:52:46 PM
Also there's an awful lot more habitable landmass north of the equator, so odds are pretty good any dominant culture would have started out from that half of the planet.

Nah, it's like a table. Africa and South America hold it up.

BadBeast

No more than the original model made it bottom heavy and unstable. It might make everyone left handed though, or possibly West handed, depending how the mirror/reversal thing worked out.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Don Coyote

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on January 21, 2012, 12:21:56 AM

Nah, it's like a table. Africa and South America hold it up.

:horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Xaz on January 20, 2012, 12:16:46 PM
Aren't maps orientated the way they are because the first people who were drawing them were the Europeans and everyone likes being on top?

No.
the world is simply run by engineers, and we use the right hand rule...
get my vector?

BadBeast

Quote from: Iptuous on January 21, 2012, 03:48:59 AM
Aren't maps orientated the way they are because the first people who were drawing them were the Europeans and everyone likes being on top?

No.
get my vector?

Some kind of Gangsign?

Bruno

People who use j instead of i.
Formerly something else...

PeregrineBF

Quote from: BadBeast on January 21, 2012, 03:51:04 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on January 21, 2012, 03:48:59 AM

No.
get my vector?

Some kind of Gangsign?

Yeah, the CrossProduct gang. Very dangerous, they've been at war with the DotProducts for years.

BadBeast

Quote from: BadBeast on January 20, 2012, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 20, 2012, 03:16:54 PM
Pfft tight ship nothing. Puns just irritate me and i try not to let them irritate me when she indulges in them.

Well frequent puns. And she has a pun habit equivalent to rwhn's
I knew a bloke with a 40 a day pun habit once. He was in a right mess. But he was caught, bang to rights, trying to pass a similie based rhyming limerick off as proper metaphor. By an armed infinitive splitter's Snatch Squad! In front of his old Ma too.
Wow, what happened next BadBeast?

BadBeast

Quote from: BadBeast on January 24, 2012, 10:56:13 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on January 20, 2012, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 20, 2012, 03:16:54 PM
Pfft tight ship nothing. Puns just irritate me and i try not to let them irritate me when she indulges in them.

Well frequent puns. And she has a pun habit equivalent to rwhn's
I knew a bloke with a 40 a day pun habit once. He was in a right mess. But he was caught, bang to rights, trying to pass a similie based rhyming limerick off as proper metaphor. By an armed infinitive splitter's Snatch Squad! In front of his old Ma too.
Wow, what happened next BadBeast?
They took him away and Punished him.

Nephew Twiddleton

Hehe sorry dude i just thought you werw being incomprehensibly english again.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

It's me they should have come and punished for that story.  :roll:

minuspace

Punctually punitive, punted pundits punch puny punani.
:argh!:
Or, what if the field's polarity alternated intermittently?