News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Mirror Universe?

Started by BadBeast, January 19, 2012, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Then we'd have Bi Polar Bears?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

navkat

You *do* realize the poles change every few hundred-thousand years or so, right? I mean, they've proven that it's happening right now.

Please to be googling:
Aurora Borealis
Geomagnetic field
The poles
Magnetosphere
Solar wind
Geomagnetic polarity flip

I'm less concerned with the the "butterfly effect" of cumulative minute changes in the geomagnetic field and more intrigued by things like the same effect on parallel universes, unseen dark matter, unified theories and (while we're at the magnet thing) room-temperature superconductors

minuspace

Yea, that was part of why I asked, I mean, I think I actually remember examining layers of sedimental ore to determine the periods.  Still, i too remain skeptical that if the polarity really changed, that the only thing I get in those layers are mixed-up directions...  Or...  Seeing how all those bees are dying, maybe it's time to start buying futures on honey?

Triple Zero

Quote from: navkat on January 27, 2012, 09:12:06 PMI'm less concerned with the the "butterfly effect" of cumulative minute changes in the geomagnetic field and more intrigued by things like the same effect on parallel universes, unseen dark matter, unified theories and (while we're at the magnet thing) room-temperature superconductors

Ummmmm what?

parallel universes are a hypothesis

dark matter, if it exists, is really really far away

unified theory--we're not there by a long shot, and I don't see what it has to do with magnetic poles?

superconductivity1 ... our current best result is -138C (-216F) anything room temperature is crackpot territory, but even if it's just hyperbole, what's it to do with magnetic poles?

1which was discovered by a Dutch physicist in my home town in 1911
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

In this Universe, parallel Universes are hypothesis. But only by necessity. If they were any more than hypothetical here, they wouldn't be parallel, they would be contiguous. But this mirror Universe's whole reality depends entirely upon the fact that there parallel Universes.

The detail that allows us to hypothesize ITT about a mirror Universe at all, proves the existence of Parallel Universes. If there were no Parallel Universes, we would not be able to conceive of their possibility.

Dark matter exists all around us, but in one of these other Universes. One that actually intersects ours in a very small way. That small way exhibits itself in the whole theory of Dark Matter. Like a Venn diagram with our Universe as one circle, and the Dark Matter Universe as another much bigger circle. The tiny intersection where they meet is enough to prove that something we call "Dark Matter" exists.

As to it's nature, I'll leave that to more orderly minds. The fact it exists at all, even in theory, renders the actual nature of Dark Matter irrelevant. But saying that, if I find some, I promise I'll put it in a jar, and send it to the appropriate scholars so they can all have a go on it.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

minuspace

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 28, 2012, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: navkat on January 27, 2012, 09:12:06 PMI'm less concerned with the the "butterfly effect" of cumulative minute changes in the geomagnetic field and more intrigued by things like the same effect on parallel universes, unseen dark matter, unified theories and (while we're at the magnet thing) room-temperature superconductors

Ummmmm

Other than the butterfly effect, there's always phase transitions if we want to get back to "deep-end" on the polar bear front...  :argh!: (no really, my head hurts)

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

PeregrineBF

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 28, 2012, 12:39:53 AM
dark matter, if it exists, is really really far away

Dark matter, if it exists, would also be around earth, though probably more towards the core. Anywhere gravity could cause it to clump up, and since it would have to be weakly interacting it would pass through the earth to the center.

Nephew Twiddleton

Would a mirror universe be identical to ours but made of antimatter? Might explain baryon asymmetry.

BadBeast

Wouldn't it depend upon the kind of mirror used?

In fact, if you used 2 mirrors, there'd be an infinite regression of mirror universes, flipping the whole baryon symmetry backwards, then forwards, then back again. With a little creative sequencing, we could have binary numerical calibration, using Universes for integers. But then you'd have to be a Guild Steersman in order to do even the simplest arithmetic. And that's just too fictional.

So instead of Melange, I'd propose using Mescaline or LSD, combined with Ketamine (To eliminate any temporal interference)  And some kind of 360 degree camera, in between the mirrors to monitor progress. To physically  get between two mirrors whilst augmented in such a way is extremely risky unless the mapping sequence has already been quantified. And (To my knowledge) it hasn't.   

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on January 28, 2012, 05:24:07 PM
Wouldn't it depend upon the kind of mirror used?

In fact, if you used 2 mirrors, there'd be an infinite regression of mirror universes, flipping the whole baryon symmetry backwards, then forwards, then back again. With a little creative sequencing, we could have binary numerical calibration, using Universes for integers. But then you'd have to be a Guild Steersman in order to do even the simplest arithmetic. And that's just too fictional.

So instead of Melange, I'd propose using Mescaline or LSD, combined with Ketamine (To eliminate any temporal interference)  And some kind of 360 degree camera, in between the mirrors to monitor progress. To physically  get between two mirrors whilst augmented in such a way is extremely risky unless the mapping sequence has already been quantified. And (To my knowledge) it hasn't.   

Oh fuck...

minuspace

Quote from: BadBeast on January 28, 2012, 05:24:07 PM

So instead of Melange, I'd propose using Mescaline or LSD, combined with Ketamine (To eliminate any temporal interference) 

Very interesting...  I don't really know what the mirrors are for though...  Unless they were gates that folded into the very neuronal bistables so affected.  With tha GABBA agonist effectively disabling our "time-stamp" problem, I love the idea of employing alternative ways of structuring/coding experience...  I think I just got a little excited...

BadBeast

The mirrors (if positioned properly) act as an interface between our default analogue carbon based system, and faster, superluminal photon based data processing. If done properly, it would be like having a large hadron collider. In your head. With the correct levels of neuro-transmitters and psychotropic augs to effectively slow down the data stream to a more user friendly sub-luminal format, the Higgs-Bosun particle would have nowhere to hide. Then, when I've got it trapped in my Jamjar, it can be renamed (At my Nobel Prize ceremony) The "BadBeast particle".