News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Some sort of dick waving contest or something, I dunno. Suggestions for title?

Started by hunter s.durden, March 21, 2009, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2009, 10:02:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2009, 10:00:52 PM
But what if they are really smart children who act like adults?

Is it then OK?

Only if you ARE Reverend Uncle BadTouch.

You see, that raises an interesting ontological problem.  Being implies either transcendence or immanence.  Which suggests Lovecraft is something to be overcome, or something can become better at?  Is there a true Platonic Uncle BadTouch?  Dare we imagine such a thing? 

On the other hand, immanence may be even worse.  It would suggest the spirit of Lovecraft is an integral, essential part of the world, a manifestation of the Whole.

Neither appeal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2009, 10:07:37 PM

Is it then OK?

You see, that raises an interesting ontological problem.  Being implies either transcendence or immanence.  Which suggests Lovecraft is something to be overcome, or something can become better at?  Is there a true Platonic Uncle BadTouch?  Dare we imagine such a thing? 

On the other hand, immanence may be even worse.  It would suggest the spirit of Lovecraft is an integral, essential part of the world, a manifestation of the Whole.

Neither appeal.

And now I can't tell if you're talking about a pineal pedophile or an early 20th century American author. :x

hunter s.durden

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 09:41:48 PM
You pulled the frightened thing from a couple toss-away comments, how about the crux of my point?  That you are a hollow caricature of a formerly worthwhile poster?  You could start there.  

Another opinion. I can't refute that. Am I supposed to say "Everyone get in here and take sides, do you think I'm awesome or a shell?" Will that prove it? No! Even if everyone comes in here and cheers me on your opinion will still be your opinion.

Actually I'll give it a whirl. It's a toughy, and this'll be a stretch, but I'm not doing much right now.

You didn't argue or take issue at any other point at which I attacked someone. I'm guessing the "old Hunter" you are referring to is the guy who spent hours attacking people like Lamanite, AKK, Daruko, Cow Ass, and the various smaller one-shot trolls that have stopped by. So when old complete Hunter argued with people you didn't like, it was lulzy, creative, and skillful. But when new HunterShell argues with someone you do like, he's just a shell spouting old catchphrases and generally failing.

What I see there is you seem to think it's me that changed. Look at this big ol' thread. A whole bunch of people have seen fit to drop in and throw in their 2. All this attention seems to say to me that I am actually just as good, if not better at attacking people. I never got my own flame thread before.

All of this leads me to believe that it is your perception that has changed, and not my posting style.
You are wrong.
I'm doing just fine.
This space for rent.

Cain

Quote from: Malachite on March 23, 2009, 10:09:57 PM

Is it then OK?

Neither appeal.

And now I can't tell if you're talking about a pineal pedophile or an early 20th century American author. :x

lol, typing fail.

I'm not going to edit to clarify, however.  Probably for the best.

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2009, 10:08:37 PM
If we're bad, do we turn into Uncle BadTouch when we die?

Or Lovecraft.  And you wont know until you die.

Quantum indeterminacy proves this theory.

Thurnez Isa

Is it then OK?

Neither appeal.

Cain are you suggesting that there is a shadowing reality outside of our own, where ther exists Uncle BadTouch in it's purest form?
:x
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 23, 2009, 10:13:07 PM

Is it then OK?

Neither appeal.

Cain are you suggestion that there is a shadowing reality outside of our own, where exists Uncle BadTouch in it's purest form?

That or Cthulhu likes really, really young Shoggoths.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 10:10:09 PM
You pulled the frightened thing from a couple toss-away comments, how about the crux of my point?  That you are a hollow caricature of a formerly worthwhile poster?  You could start there.  

Another opinion. I can't refute that. Am I supposed to say "Everyone get in here and take sides, do you think I'm awesome or a shell?" Will that prove it? No! Even if everyone comes in here and cheers me on your opinion will still be your opinion.

Actually I'll give it a whirl. It's a toughy, and this'll be a stretch, but I'm not doing much right now.

You didn't argue or take issue at any other point at which I attacked someone. I'm guessing the "old Hunter" you are referring to is the guy who spent hours attacking people like Lamanite, AKK, Daruko, Cow Ass, and the various smaller one-shot trolls that have stopped by. So when old complete Hunter argued with people you didn't like, it was lulzy, creative, and skillful. But when new HunterShell argues with someone you do like, he's just a shell spouting old catchphrases and generally failing.

What I see there is you seem to think it's me that changed. Look at this big ol' thread. A whole bunch of people have seen fit to drop in and throw in their 2. All this attention seems to say to me that I am actually just as good, if not better at attacking people. I never got my own flame thread before.

All of this leads me to believe that it is your perception that has changed, and not my posting style.
You are wrong.
I'm doing just fine.

I wanted to point this out, but I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable accusations of "taking sides".

When people are attacking the designated target (AKK, wade, whoever), it's all okay. But when two regulars fight, it's a big deal and other regulars beg them to stop.

That sort of thing leads to a clique-ish mentality on forums and makes them really easy to troll. So yeah, fights every now and then are good. They stop things from getting stale. And stuff.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2009, 10:14:08 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 23, 2009, 10:13:07 PM

Is it then OK?

Neither appeal.

Cain are you suggestion that there is a shadowing reality outside of our own, where exists Uncle BadTouch in it's purest form?

That or Cthulhu likes really, really young Shoggoths.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

Quote from: Malachite on March 23, 2009, 10:18:22 PM

When people are attacking the designated target (AKK, wade, whoever), it's all okay. But when two regulars fight, it's a big deal and other regulars beg them to stop.

That sort of thing leads to a clique-ish mentality on forums and makes them really easy to troll. So yeah, fights every now and then are good. They stop things from getting stale. And stuff.

:D
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Xooxe

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2009, 10:12:43 PM

Lovecraft is that Gaia hypothesis guy, right?

Cain

Quote from: Xooxe on March 23, 2009, 10:35:45 PM

Yes, if the world hated you and wanted you to die, screaming in abject terror.

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2009, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: Xooxe on March 23, 2009, 10:35:45 PM

Yes, if the world hated you and wanted you to die, screaming in abject terror.

And after that? Eternal torment, or oblivion?

I'm not yet familiar with the works of Lovecraft.
Formerly something else...

wade

Quote from: Malachite on March 23, 2009, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 10:10:09 PM

You are wrong.
I'm doing just fine.

I wanted to point this out, but I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable accusations of "taking sides".

OMFG THE REGULARS ARE RIGHTING.  I AM GOING TO LEAVE FOR A WHILE!!! SEE YOU GUYS LATER.  WAHHH!

I think the cool people should make a secret forum called the Coalition of the Cool. 

wankers...  lol
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak: