News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

The Roof

Started by Cramulus, August 16, 2007, 05:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Manta Obscura

Am I to believe, despite promises to the contrary, that there is no pool for me to relax in?
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Cramulus

LOL there's no pool on the roof little n00bling! This is your first day of high school all over again! Bwahahahahahahahah!

:love:

Payne

We are pooless.

[intentional spelling]

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cramulus on October 27, 2008, 02:39:36 PM
LOL there's no pool on the roof little n00bling! This is your first day of high school all over again! Bwahahahahahahahah!

:love:

Well, this sucks!  :argh!:

That's it, I'm becoming a Scientologist. At least that's a religion that delivers on its promises . . .

Sorry. I couldn't keep a straight face while saying that. :D

AFK

Well, we do have to winterize it afterall.  You don't want the foundation getting cracks in it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

I guess we do have a pool.

A pool of urine.

thanx payne

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 27, 2008, 02:47:23 PM
Well, we do have to winterize it afterall.  You don't want the foundation getting cracks in it. 

Actually, cracks are what we want. The physical foundation should mirror the psychological makeup of the people who post on this site. :wink:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 27, 2008, 02:57:38 PM

Actually, cracks are what we want. The physical foundation should mirror the psychological makeup of the people who post on this site. :wink:

That would violate every single building code known to humanity.

Payne

Quote from: Cramulus on October 27, 2008, 02:53:48 PM
I guess we do have a pool.

A pool of urine.

thanx payne

What did I tell you about coffee?

Yes, I told you "It goes right through me".

At close enough to "Free fall" speed to get hordes of 9-11 truthers writing theories about a controlled demolition of my bladder.

Still, you make a good brew dude.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cainad on October 27, 2008, 02:58:47 PM

That would violate every single building code known to humanity.

Yeah, I know . . . just toying with the idea of physical spaces matching personal character.

A theoretical aside: I've sat around and thought about the question, "What would other fields be like with Discordian influence?" For instance, in architecture there are Zen schools of thought, in science there is a post-modernist viewpoint, etc. What would various fields be like with Discordian influence?

In terms of architecture, I think Discordian-themed buildings would be some of the coolest places in the whole damn world. I imagine buildings/environs where the inhabitants continually add to/recreate their living space. Sort of like a high-quality-materials couch fort, but on a much larger scale.

AFK

Yeah but the water would fall out of it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 27, 2008, 03:09:14 PM
In terms of architecture, I think Discordian-themed buildings would be some of the coolest places in the whole damn world. I imagine buildings/environs where the inhabitants continually add to/recreate their living space. Sort of like a high-quality-materials couch fort, but on a much larger scale.
:lulz:

Best. Idea. Ever.

"Dude, I'm sweating my nuts off in here."
                                            /

/
"Shut up! If THEY hear you, they'll find us and take our weed!"

Iason Ouabache

I'm guessing that Discordian architecture would end up looking like the Winchester Mystery House: no master plan, constant rebuilding, staircases that lead to nowhere, doors that open up into thin air.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘