News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Books to confuse your children by

Started by Elder Iptuous, August 31, 2008, 04:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Manta Obscura

Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on October 25, 2008, 11:56:00 PM
Quote from: Payne on September 03, 2008, 05:15:16 PM

He's watching YouTube! :lol:

It's amazing how hard it is to find a pic of a laptop sitting at near enough the proper angle with PD on the screen in Google Images.

Cainad (dec.)

I'm sure it is. I'm just imagining an actual YouTube vid of Roger giving orders and going "UNNNNNNNNNG!"

Roger! Get a fucking webcam, the internet demands it!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

shadowfurry23

Quote from: Iptuous on August 31, 2008, 05:11:05 PM
good call....
It turns out his hyperactivity wasn't due to the donuts at all, but instead from the HAARP control signals.

He is now patiently reading his lesson book.

Holy crap that book also features Hypnotoad!

Hm.  Now I'm wondering if it would be possible to write a Discordian children's book.   I'm already teaching my kid that when people say 'God' what they mean is 'Eris', but I don't know that he really gets it - he's 7 and autistic after all (pretty high functioning, but even so).  The core message of "Think for Yourself" that might be a little tricky though it might be possible to instill distrust for authority - ideally not Mom and Dad so much, that'd come back to bite you in the ass.

The Discordian Coloring Book is pretty kid-friendly though (well, except for the naked people "hugging" but that's not a real big deal) so I suppose it could be done...

Something to ponder...
This play, however, is an affirmation of life—not an attempt to bring order out of chaos nor to suggest improvements in creation, but simply a way of waking up to the very life we're living, which is so excellent once one gets one's mind and one's desires out of its way and lets it act of its own accord. - John Cage