News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

There were riots in Denver last night, off 16th near Champa. Tear gas & rubber bullets were fired into the crowd.

And I was in fucking TN for it.

Fuck cancer. Crushes dreams. Like post-superbowl win parties in an incredible city with riots & insanity.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Bruno

The aforementioned 400lb chronic narrator I work with (I forgot to aforemention that he weighs 400lbs) always brings his lunch in with him.

The other day he brings in a 1.25 liter Mountain Dew and a pack of cheeze-dogs for lunch. So he's belching cheeze-dogs and Mountain Dew by the cubic yard in this 8'X12' vault we work in, and I cannot for the life of me tell if what I'm smelling is what he's eating, or if he shit his pants.

On the up-side of life, I tested completely out of all the basic pre-requisites for tech school. Needed a minimum of level 5 on all 3 tests, got level 7 on reading and math, and level 6 on finding information. Finished all 3 in a little over 2 hours which, according to the teacher is a new record. The other four guys who started at the same time as I will probably be at it for days.

So I've got that going for me.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Somewhat surprisingly, my lab team got full credit for the lab report we did on the lab we couldn't collect adequate data for. We just talked a lot about why we couldn't draw conclusions from the available data because of the ramifications of the missing data, and it worked. SCORE.

Now I don't have to stress as much about next week's lab, which is going to be super sketch as I am leaving town on Friday so I have to do a fill-in lab on Wednesday.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on February 10, 2016, 05:44:00 PM
The aforementioned 400lb chronic narrator I work with (I forgot to aforemention that he weighs 400lbs) always brings his lunch in with him.

The other day he brings in a 1.25 liter Mountain Dew and a pack of cheeze-dogs for lunch. So he's belching cheeze-dogs and Mountain Dew by the cubic yard in this 8'X12' vault we work in, and I cannot for the life of me tell if what I'm smelling is what he's eating, or if he shit his pants.

On the up-side of life, I tested completely out of all the basic pre-requisites for tech school. Needed a minimum of level 5 on all 3 tests, got level 7 on reading and math, and level 6 on finding information. Finished all 3 in a little over 2 hours which, according to the teacher is a new record. The other four guys who started at the same time as I will probably be at it for days.

Jesus, unless he hates you and is deliberately trying to make your life miserable, that guy has terrible social hygiene.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know whether I mentioned it, but the big ziploc bag of gonads that was in the fume hood on Monday is still in the fume hood. Just sitting there. Open.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 10, 2016, 11:19:30 PM
Snakey gonads?

Yep! I assume someone is planning on liquifying them to do a blot assay, but in the meantime they're just sitting there being super gross.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 10, 2016, 11:40:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 11:26:01 PM
After nearly a week...new episode up.

Nice!

I wrecked my voice doing a 90 minute video this afternoon.

Not the one linked...one or two episodes from now.  Did Red Eagle, Valtheim Towers and Saarthal in 3 episodes.  My character is almost as sore and bruised as my throat.

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 10, 2016, 08:17:21 PM

Jesus, unless he hates you and is deliberately trying to make your life miserable, that guy has terrible social hygiene.

I think it's the latter, I'm just not sure if he's oblivious, or just doesn't care. Fortunately, the way the work schedule is set up, we don't spend that much time in the vault at the same time. One of us is either doing the trash, fixing the change bucket, or covering the other for lunch/breaks. I've just been spraying the vault with store brand room deodorizer that I brought in with me when I'm in and he's out. The can is almost empty. I don't think I'm the only one who's been using it.

I'm springing for the double strength Febreeze next time.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 11:47:05 PM

Nice!

Not the one linked...one or two episodes from now.  Did Red Eagle, Valtheim Towers and Saarthal in 3 episodes.  My character is almost as sore and bruised as my throat.

Jesus, what were you DOING? I suppose I should anticipate turning the volume down when you post that one.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on February 11, 2016, 02:26:54 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 10, 2016, 08:17:21 PM

I think it's the latter, I'm just not sure if he's oblivious, or just doesn't care. Fortunately, the way the work schedule is set up, we don't spend that much time in the vault at the same time. One of us is either doing the trash, fixing the change bucket, or covering the other for lunch/breaks. I've just been spraying the vault with store brand room deodorizer that I brought in with me when I'm in and he's out. The can is almost empty. I don't think I'm the only one who's been using it.

I'm springing for the double strength Febreeze next time.

I kinda feel bad for the guy, it seems like at no point did his parents give him the usual "how to be pleasant to be around" talks.

Or, maybe they did and he doesn't care.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm in the lab after hours subbing slides. Because science is slow and tedious, and I didn't give myself enough time this afternoon before the lab meeting so I'm finishing now.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 11, 2016, 02:43:41 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 11:47:05 PM

Nice!

Jesus, what were you DOING? I suppose I should anticipate turning the volume down when you post that one.  :lulz:

Killing all the things.  I just got caught up in the moment, mostly.  Started the first major questline, and then did the first quest associated with it.  Almost froze to death.  The usual.