News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Malaysian Airlines plane shot down over Ukraine

Started by Suu, July 17, 2014, 05:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: The Suu on July 17, 2014, 05:16:06 PM
http://www.turnto10.com/story/26044240/official-malaysian-plane-shot-down-over-ukraine

Oh this is going to be a shitshow if it's actually true and not the media spinning it.

Damn.  I can see no reason why Ukraine would shoot it down... smells like Russians to me.  But, what do I know?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Suu

Quote from: Hoopla on July 17, 2014, 05:23:11 PM
Quote from: The Suu on July 17, 2014, 05:16:06 PM
http://www.turnto10.com/story/26044240/official-malaysian-plane-shot-down-over-ukraine

Oh this is going to be a shitshow if it's actually true and not the media spinning it.

Damn.  I can see no reason why Ukraine would shoot it down... smells like Russians to me.  But, what do I know?

I would guess Russians as well.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Oh shit.

Wait, that was at 10,000 feet.  That's far too high to hit without radar guidance.  Russia...I didn't think you were stupid enough to give the sepratists more than MANPADs.

Suu

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2014, 05:41:15 PM
Oh shit.

Wait, that was at 10,000 feet.  That's far too high to hit without radar guidance.  Russia...I didn't think you were stupid enough to give the sepratists more than MANPADs.

DING.

LMNO

"So, you gonna intervene NOW, or do I have to napalm a truck full of puppies?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh shit.

There is a dead rat in there somewhere.  This doesn't add up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 17, 2014, 05:51:14 PM
Oh shit.

That. Makes no fucking sense at all. Passenger roster available yet? Though I doubt it would be a well known name.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 17, 2014, 05:57:44 PM
Oh shit.

That. Makes no fucking sense at all. Passenger roster available yet? Though I doubt it would be a well known name.

That's not restricted airspace either, from what I understand. It's a pretty heavily traveled corridor from planes from Northern Europe toward the Middle East and Asia.

I have no idea what it takes to launch a radar guided missile toward a plane at cruising altitude, but I suspect it's more than "point and click."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 17, 2014, 05:57:44 PM
Oh shit.

At least we know where this one went, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

The fact that its Malaysian airlines is surely a coinky-dink... right?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

QuoteBodies are scattered around what is believed to be the wreckage of the jet near the village of Grabovo, which is under the control of separatist rebels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28354856

Apparently, and the count is 295.

Err.

QuoteAt least 100 bodies have been found so far at the scene, an emergencies worker told Reuters news agency at the scene, with wreckage spread across an area of up to about 15km (nine miles) in diameter.

A paranoid man might suspect potential shenanigans within that diameter as well.

Or that Malaysia is really pissing someone off.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Cain

This is what happens when you give advanced weaponry to people who cannot tell a commercial airliner from a military plane.

On the other hand, I'm eagerly awaiting the conspiracy theories which suggest the CIA stole the first missing Malaysian Airlines flight in order to plant this flight over Ukraine to implicate Russia to, uh, something.  New World Order-y.

I especially like it because at this point the pathetic Ukrainian Army, against all expectations, is actually winning.  Taking territory and cities from the seperatists.  So now would be the perfect time for a false-flag attack because, uh, reasons.