News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

ITT, You ask TGRR anything about history, and get the REAL TRUTH™

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 10, 2011, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 06:46:04 PM
So...  George Washington.  Cherry tree.

What happened?

True fact:  Some minister named Mason Locke Weems completely made it up, as a moral lesson in honesty.

Nothing I could ever think of is funnier than that.  Sorry.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 10, 2011, 06:48:08 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 06:46:04 PM
So...  George Washington.  Cherry tree.

What happened?

True fact:  Some minister named Mason Locke Weems completely made it up, as a moral lesson in honesty.

Nothing I could ever think of is funnier than that.  Sorry.

:lulz:

Jasper

LMNO

Luna

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 10, 2011, 06:52:10 PM
The Battle of Thermopylae: What gives?

Well, that's a touchy subject to many Greeks.  The official story is that the Greeks were wiped out due to the treason of a local named Ephialtes, who led the Persians around the back way to outflank the Greeks on the 2d day of the actual battle.

But here's the real story:  Not knowing he was being outflanked, Leonidas dismissed the bulk of the army, keeping only 300 Spartans, 400 Thebans, and 700 Thespians.  Now, what good he thought 700 actors would do is left to your imagination, but the end result was predictable.  The Thespians kept stopping to deliver asides, and the Persians - being no-nonsense people - stabbed them.  The battle was over within another day.

The Greeks, however, managed to defeat the Persian navy with Salamis (How they beat them with sandwich meat is a mystery, but it IS established fact, look it up for yourself), and eventually, the Greeks beat the Persians at the battle of placenta (which is pretty fucking gross, if you ask me).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 06:55:38 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 10, 2011, 06:52:10 PM
The Battle of Thermopylae: What gives?

While we're there...  Lysistrata.

That's a play.  You'll have to ask someone else about that.

Eve Hill

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Speaking along those lines, let's hear the real story behind Catherine the Great and that horse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eve Hill on May 10, 2011, 07:07:49 PM
What really happened during the Apollo 13 mission?

Good one.  The official story has more holes in it than Gabrielle Gifford.  Supposedly, an oxygen tank exploded, tearing a hole in the side of the service module, also causing their electrical power to fail.

However, we all know that oxygen isn't explosive, or our atmosphere would blow up the first time someone carelessly lit a cigarette.

No, what really happened is that Ken Mattingly, the original CM pilot, got a case of the ass when he was yanked from the mission.  Calling in old gambling debts, Mattingly was able to have a bomb put aboard the spaceship.  The bomb would have destroyed the spaceship entirely, but Richard Nixon had caught wind of the plot, and had Spiro Agnew stow away in the service module with a scuba tank.  Agnew's bulk absorbed most of the explosion, but tragically, Agnew was blown into space, where he froze solid, eventually reentering as a solid block of blubber that impacted on some lady's house in England, killing her stone dead.  This was blamed on a passing airliner's "faulty" septic plug.

Luna

Tunguska Explosion of 1908.  Meteor, or Tesla fucking about?

The Good Reverend Roger