News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

This post has been deleted.

Started by Kansai, December 24, 2010, 09:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 29, 2010, 04:27:55 PM
Naw, a real Italian uses different kind of bread.  Subway sandwiches are good, mind you, but they're not quite the same as a real New England Italian.  

Subway makes the worst sandwiches I have ever tasted. They are an abomination unto the Lord.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

What don't you just put some of your weird-ass vinegar on it?

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 29, 2010, 08:21:12 PM

au jus and your advice. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 08:18:36 PM
Naw, a real Italian uses different kind of bread.  Subway sandwiches are good, mind you, but they're not quite the same as a real New England Italian.  

Subway makes the worst sandwiches I have ever tasted. They are an abomination unto the Lord.

The steak and cheese with their chipotle sauce is pretty good, and I only get the honey oat bread.  But otherwise, I agree.  Local delis and mom and pops are always better. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You don't eat drinking vinegars.

Also, for RWHN, Italian sandwiches are everywhere. Even in malls. There are chains.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 29, 2010, 08:25:25 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 08:18:36 PM

The steak and cheese with their chipotle sauce is pretty good, and I only get the honey oat bread.  But otherwise, I agree.  Local delis and mom and pops are always better. 

No. The quality of every ingredient they use is miserably inferior. To everything, everywhere. Grocery store megachains make better sandwiches.

AFK

Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 08:26:00 PM

Also, for RWHN, Italian sandwiches are everywhere. Even in malls. There are chains.

Ah, I fall victim once again to erroneous New England propaganda. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 29, 2010, 08:29:40 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 08:26:00 PM

Ah, I fall victim once again to erroneous New England propaganda. 

:lulz: I guess they figure that as long as you stay in New England you'll never know.

AFK

Well, I do leave New England enough, though, that's when I take the opportunity to feast on unique non-New England delicacies. 

Though, having said that, I do remember this woman from Texas who came here to do a two day training.  We ordered Italians for lunch, and it was like this big epic moment for her.  She'd never had one before and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. 

She was kind of strange. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 29, 2010, 09:03:28 PM
Well, I do leave New England enough, though, that's when I take the opportunity to feast on unique non-New England delicacies. 

Though, having said that, I do remember this woman from Texas who came here to do a two day training.  We ordered Italians for lunch, and it was like this big epic moment for her.  She'd never had one before and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. 

She was kind of strange. 

Whoa.

Well, I've been to Texas, and while it's strange I would not be surprised if they don't have grinders there. Texas is basically another planet.

Whatever

I have yet to have a sandwich that can beat a street vendor po boy in New Orleans.  Except maybe the cubans you can get in Miami.

Yep, either of those are sandwich royalty  :lulz:

Phox

Quote from: Niamh on December 29, 2010, 09:58:55 PM
I have yet to have a sandwich that can beat a street vendor po boy in New Orleans.  Except maybe the cubans you can get in Miami.

Yep, either of those are sandwich royalty  :lulz:
:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My favorite sandwich is actually from the grocery store. New Seasons makes some kickass sammiches.

AFK

Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 09:40:58 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 29, 2010, 09:03:28 PM

She was kind of strange. 

Whoa.

Well, I've been to Texas, and while it's strange I would not be surprised if they don't have grinders there. Texas is basically another planet.

Side note/useless trivia:  This woman was one of the people who invented the "Don't Mess With Texas" slogan. 

Triple Zero

I usually make my own sandwiches? Just throw some stuff on and make that it tastes good.

The only times when I buy sandwiches on the street/store/stand/market/etc is when I'm on the go, I'm hungry and I didn't bring any of my own sandwiches.

The ones you buy are generally terribly overpriced. Sometimes they're awful, and sometimes they're awesome. How good they are usually has not much relation to the price.

I agree about Subway's, although I only tried their "veggie sandwich" cause it was the cheapest, and for all the other sandwiches I was like "fuck no, no way I'm paying that kind of money for sandwiches from an American international chain store", so I dunno if they're good, but American (or worse, "American style") fastfood chains do not generally have very good track record with me.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.