News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Putting Gaza on a Diet

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, December 29, 2010, 12:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2010, 07:47:27 PM
And then Nigel was a Black/Hispanic/Amerind/Welsh Nazi.   :lulz:

:lulz: SIEG HEIL!

This has given me a disturbing, yet ticklish, idea for a shoop.   :lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on December 29, 2010, 07:53:15 PM

Wow.

Yeah, basically. That kind of sums it up.

The real question is, how can this problem be solved without doing the same thing AGAIN?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2010, 07:57:10 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2010, 07:47:27 PM
And then Nigel was a Black/Hispanic/Amerind/Welsh Nazi.   :lulz:

:lulz: SIEG HEIL!

This has given me a disturbing, yet ticklish, idea for a shoop.   :lol:

Oooh I await with glee!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 07:57:20 PM

Wow.

The real question is, how can this problem be solved without doing the same thing AGAIN?

I've already offered a solution to the Israel/Palestine crisis which would also reduce the amount of stupid in our own country.

Cain

The Robber's Cave experiment suggests one easy way to solve a two-sided conflict: give them a third party to fight against, together.

To this end, I suggest the USA invade and put Israel and the Occupied Territories under the sovereignty of the Vatican, and encourage the Nazi Pope to rule with an iron fist.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2010, 07:58:55 PM

Wow.

I've already offered a solution to the Israel/Palestine crisis which would also reduce the amount of stupid in our own country.

I don't think "kill everyone" will be an acceptable policy for most people...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 09:01:02 PM

Wow.

Nope.  This one has more in common with a zombiepocalypse.

I can't do it justice right now.  I'll write it up properly tonight or tomorrow.

Cain

An actual Zombiepocalypse would probably work, too.

For some reason (which is far too tedious to explain) certain strategic studies and IR scholars have developed a bizarre fascination with zombies lately.  Maybe they spent some time away from their desks in the summer holidays and discovered Zombie Land or something.  Anyway, because they have grad students who will literally do anything to get good grades, they set up a Zombie World War Scenario, and let things play out.

Amazingly enough, most nations stopped giving a fuck about strategic positioning against other nations when fighting to survive against the zombie hordes.  Russia cooperated with China and the USA, Israel and the Arab states banded together...everyone put the petty bickering aside, even when the stakes were not that petty, and the bickering was previously done by nuclear-armed states.

Of course, this is just a variation on the Robber's Cave experiment, and strategic studies students tend towards rational self-preservation and maximizing strategies for survival...but I think the whole "zombie horde for the world to fight against" played a part, too.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2010, 09:02:04 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2010, 09:01:02 PM

Wow.

Nope.  This one has more in common with a zombiepocalypse.

I can't do it justice right now.  I'll write it up properly tonight or tomorrow.

:lulz: I remember this. I loved that idea!
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2010, 09:08:41 PM

For some reason (which is far too tedious to explain) certain strategic studies and IR scholars have developed a bizarre fascination with zombies lately.  Maybe they spent some time away from their desks in the summer holidays and discovered Zombie Land or something.  Anyway, because they have grad students who will literally do anything to get good grades, they set up a Zombie World War Scenario, and let things play out.

Amazingly enough, most nations stopped giving a fuck about strategic positioning against other nations when fighting to survive against the zombie hordes.  Russia cooperated with China and the USA, Israel and the Arab states banded together...everyone put the petty bickering aside, even when the stakes were not that petty, and the bickering was previously done by nuclear-armed states.

Of course, this is just a variation on the Robber's Cave experiment, and strategic studies students tend towards rational self-preservation and maximizing strategies for survival...but I think the whole "zombie horde for the world to fight against" played a part, too.

This is why I cant wait until the Aliens come.
Only when faced with hideous insectoid invaders can we all truly come together as one big human family. 
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Adios

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on December 30, 2010, 12:18:48 AM

Only when faced with hideous insectoid invaders can we all truly come together as one big human family. 

Fuck that. I don't have to outrun the invaders, just you.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on December 30, 2010, 12:18:48 AM

Nah, aliens can be talked to, so you can be pretty sure that somebody will try to sell the world out to get influence with them.  The nice thing about zombies is that there's really only an option of shooting them or dying.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Yeah, I'd really prefer it if humanity had a common enemy that couldn't be reasoned with.

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on December 30, 2010, 01:52:47 AM
Yeah, I'd really prefer it if humanity had a common enemy that couldn't be reasoned with.

I take it you aren't counting humanity as fitting that description?