News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

THE RADICAL BLUEPRINT

Started by E.O.T., November 27, 2010, 03:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 01, 2010, 04:19:02 AM
The government doesn't have a history of entrapment in taking out hits the way it does with recruiting terrorists.  Though hey, at least they gave him a fake bomb instead of a real one this time.

:horrormirth:

I assume you mean feds, or post 911.  

also (and I hate to seem like Im playing devil's advocate on this one) but when does snaring potential terrorists in stings become recruiting terrorists for propaganda?  

I feel like I just defended the Fed's actions even some of the time and need a scalding hot shower to melt it off.

Is there a legitimate line and can we believe anymore that there are ANY rational people at or near the top making sure we're not being false flagged everytime?

also, if we're knee-jerking false flag every time we see it in the media, what makes us any different from them who see dragons in every windmill?
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Requia ☣

I don't expect false flagging every time I see this stuff, this was a special case since it was A) a sting and B) the paper couldn't even be bothered to say 'this guy went to the feds looking to become a terrorist'.  Cain's stuff, about them failing to record the critical conversation, and getting the guy fired from his job?  That takes stuff beyond simple skepticism and into full scale accusations against the agents.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

It also turns out when he was targeted by the Feds, he showed no signs of radicalization, beyond writing three articles for the online magazine Jihad Recollections....on fitness.  Yes, he introduced Jihadists to Pilates training.

And yeah, his comments about the bombing are pretty vile, but no more vile than standard American media discourse, which is perfectly accepting of people who call for the unilateral nuclear bombing of other countries (Glenn Reynolds, occasional writer for the NYT), for captured suspected terrorists to be tortured to death (Michael Goldfarb, aide to John McCain) or that Iraq should be invaded because "every few years or so, the US has to slap a country around to show the world it means business" (Jonah Goldberg).

There seems to be something of a double standard, where old white guys with degrees can call for near-genocidal levels of death and highly depraved acts all they want...and when a Muslim does the same (after months of FBI informants convincing him there is a global war on Muslims, helped by the FBI actually persecuting him) he is an Evil Bastard.

Sure, he seems to hold some pretty evil beliefs.  But how much of that is due to the FBI dripping poison in his ear, month after month, while actually going out of their way to harass him and cause him trouble (the phone taps, the lost job in Alaska)?  People are much less open to radicalization when they're employed and their lives are good, which suggests to me they did this on purporse, to make him more vulnerable.  And would he have ever acted on those beliefs had the FBI not turned up and provided the entire infrastructure to carry out a terrorist attack for him?  It seems highly questionable, to say the least.

Requia ☣

You have sources for all this stuff by the way?  The press won't say shit about any of this.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Hmmm.

After looking over some of this, I am at once less sympathetic to Mohamud, and yet I still think that this was a really stupid sting.  The FBI really went full retard on that one.

East Coast Hustle

All I know is, SOMEONE needs to blow up fucking Pioneer Square, preferably while it's full of westside douchenozzles.

Fucking Portland, can't even come up with its own name for its premiere downtown public gathering space. And at least Seattle's P-Square is interesting.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on December 01, 2010, 05:35:55 PM
http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/USAFFIDAVIT.pdf
http://www.google.com.br/#hl=en&biw=1366&bih=547&q=new+york+times+That+meeting+was+not+recorded+due+to+a+technical+difficulty.&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=833238570ae01901
http://my.firedoglake.com/teddysanfran/2010/11/27/fbi-blocked-mohamuds-employment-prospects/
http://gawker.com/5700200/

Incidentally, the FBI's actions just inspired some actual terrorism

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/11/fbi_to_aid_investigation_into_arson_fire_at_corvallis_mosque.html

Cain, didn't you mention that the FBI provided him with transportation?

Let's get something straight. This is how Corvallis and PDX relate, and it's about an 85 mile trip:

I'm of the opinion this event would not have happened without fed involvement (from as far back as the no-fly ban at least).
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jasper

Yeah.  Self-fulfilling prophecies are one thing, but this is all-out causing shit to happen because you want it to.

Cain

Telarus, not that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, more in the annals of "the FBI doing stupid shit":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/04/AR2010120403710.html

QuoteBefore the sun rose, the informant donned a white Islamic robe. A tiny camera was sewn into a button, and a microphone was buried in a device attached to his keys.

"This is Farouk al-Aziz, code name Oracle," he said into the keys as he sat in his parked car in this quiet community south of Los Angeles. "It's November 13th, 4:30 a.m. And we're hot."

The undercover FBI informant – a convicted forger named Craig Monteilh – then drove off for 5 a.m. prayers at the Islamic Center of Irvine, where he says he spied on dozens of worshipers in a quest for potential terrorists.

Worshipers said Monteilh gravitated to Ahmadullah Sais Niazi, an Afghan-born Arabic-language instructor who was a regular at Friday prayers.

In May 2007, Monteilh said he recorded a conversation about jihad during a car ride with Niazi and another man. Monteilh said he suggested an operation to blow up buildings and Niazi agreed. An FBI agent later cited that and other taped conversations between the two in court as evidence that Niazi was a threat.

A few days later, Ayloush got an anguished phone call from Niazi and the other man in the car.

"They said Farouk had told them he had access to weapons and that they should blow up a mall," Ayloush recalled. "They were convinced this man was a terrorist."

Ayloush reported the FBI's own informant to the FBI. He said agents interviewed Niazi, who gave them the same account, but the agency took no action against Monteilh.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Abraxas on December 01, 2010, 06:24:20 PM
All I know is, SOMEONE needs to blow up fucking Pioneer Square, preferably while it's full of westside douchenozzles.

Fucking Portland, can't even come up with its own name for its premiere downtown public gathering space. And at least Seattle's P-Square is interesting.

Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square is a plaza, named for the Pioneer Courthouse. Seattle's Pioneer Square is a neighborhood, named after Pioneer Place Park. Pioneer Courthouse predates Pioneer Place Park.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that Seattle's P-Square is WAY BETTER, and thus more deserving of the name.

Extending this logic, I demand that Portland, ME change its name. I'm thinking "North Saco" has a nice ring to it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Abraxas on December 05, 2010, 07:46:09 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that Seattle's P-Square is WAY BETTER, and thus more deserving of the name.

Extending this logic, I demand that Portland, ME change its name. I'm thinking "North Saco" has a nice ring to it.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."