News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

At least the kid made something.  Save your ire for the people who made hundreds of thousands by refusing to serve gay people food.

Meunster

Quote from: LMNO on October 01, 2015, 09:06:54 PM
At least the kid made something.  Save your ire for the people who made hundreds of thousands by refusing to serve gay people food.

I ire them too.
Poe's law ;)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Meunster on October 01, 2015, 09:31:27 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 01, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

I ire them too.

You are not cute or funny.

The Good Reverend Roger

Someone let me know when you guys are done giving the dumbshit the RWHN treatment.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 01, 2015, 09:38:07 PM
Someone let me know when you guys are done giving the dumbshit the RWHN treatment.

What is this? I'm pretty much done with the shit myself.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 01, 2015, 09:45:33 PM

Start here.  For the abridged version.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on October 01, 2015, 09:52:50 PM

Thanks...

:eek: like 200 pages. Is it all drugs thread?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on October 01, 2015, 08:12:34 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 01, 2015, 05:20:38 PM
Quote from: Meunster on October 01, 2015, 12:28:01 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2015, 10:15:13 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 30, 2015, 09:49:49 PM
I'm gonna regret this, but what is a clock truther?

People obsessed with whether Ahmed Mohammed actually "invented" a clock or merely rehoused a ready made clock/clock components in a new unit.

May also refer to general conspiracy theories that he did it for "free stuff" or "attention" or "his dad made him do it because crazy Muslims, amirite?"  Not kept up to date on that aspect of it.

What's everyones stance on the clock shit?
You full sjw or full pol?
I just think it's a giant overreaction on both parts, he shouldn't of been arrested even though it looks a lot like a bomb, yet he shouldn't be getting money for making  a clock at 14 either.

1) "Shouldn't have"
2) There's an awful lot of people making a shit ton of money that probably shouldn't be. Why are we weighing in national judgement on a teenager?
3) Who the fuck is giving him money anyway?

Most of the judging I've seen going on towards Ahmed sounds an awful lot like people who are desperate to sound poignant and have their moral opinions be weighty and meaningful. So far, unsuccessfully.

I'll be honest,  I'm mad because he's made 100k (according to CNN) from donations for being wrongfully racially profiled and arrested for making a clock. When I was 14 my school had classes where we made fucking robots. Where's my scholarship? 
I just think everything thing is a giant overreaction and I meed to copy the therom of how he got so much money.

fixed that for you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So today a doctor said the words "Let me just go get that blade and we'll get started" and then took a diamond-coated rotary tool to Alty's eye.

Now he's in bed next to me wearing underpants, a long-sleeved shirt and sunglasses, drugged to the gills and eating meat pie.

I really wish someone would have told me this was going to happen six years ago when he first started posting here. That would have been the best prophecy ever.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 02, 2015, 05:12:13 AM
So today a doctor said the words "Let me just go get that blade and we'll get started" and then took a diamond-coated rotary tool to Alty's eye.

Now he's in bed next to me wearing underpants, a long-sleeved shirt and sunglasses, drugged to the gills and eating meat pie.

I really wish someone would have told me this was going to happen six years ago when he first started posting here. That would have been the best prophecy ever.

Our elders would sometimes speak of such things, on long cold nights spent around the fire. But we always thought that "Meat Pie" and "Underpants" were just stories made up to scare the village children into behaving.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Wizard Joseph

It would seem I have a FB stalker-bomber. He was actually pretty funny in a creepy, passive-aggressive sort of way. Hasn't gotten directly threatening or broken any other "rules" of DS2015, but it's definitely a pattern now. He's displayed this posting pattern before, but not really sure until it repeats a few times. Guess we'll see if foggy wants to jump or not.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2015, 06:14:44 AM
It would seem I have a FB stalker-bomber. He was actually pretty funny in a creepy, passive-aggressive sort of way. Hasn't gotten directly threatening or broken any other "rules" of DS2015, but it's definitely a pattern now. He's displayed this posting pattern before, but not really sure until it repeats a few times. Guess we'll see if foggy wants to jump or not.

Congratulations! You've made it to the Discordian Big Leagues when you get your own stalkers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gone with the Sin on October 02, 2015, 05:55:21 AM
So. My brother (26) tested for low testosterone (202 units); so I(29) went to get my checked along with my cortisol. Cortisol is fine, but I have low testosterone(290 units) as well. So on top of my hypothyroidism,low testosterone,and my now pre-diabetes stage (5.7) A1c level. I now have to take synthetic thyroid, androgel, and metamorfin as a medical cocktail to keep the weight off. The body fat is increasing, and making me become insulin resistant. So I went to my manager last week to let me only work at the call center 3 days 12hrs/day. I now only work 3 days, and I'm off Sat-Tuesday, so I can work out, and run my store online as well. Only losing $48/week per paycheck; so fuck it. My health is more important. My energy is better. I procrastinate less after my doctor increased my dosage to 100mcg of thyroid. I've already lost 10lbs of the 25lbs I gained working this desk job from taking metamorfin.

For our age group we're suppose to be in the mid 700's to low 800's in Free Range Testosterone. So we're basically old men in young bodies. This explains why my body fat increased more, and my brother could never gain his muscle mass while body building with me when I was 20-24.

Shit's hilarious! Once I get my Androgel tomorrow I'm going to rub it all over my cock, and fuck my wife until she evolves and grows a second vagina. Best Birthday gift ever.

The idea of Bearman taking testosterone fills me with an unholy glee.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 01, 2015, 09:55:59 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 01, 2015, 09:52:50 PM

Thanks...

:eek: like 200 pages. Is it all drugs thread?

Yes.

Admittedly that's not the thread which explains per se what was going on with RWHN.  For that, you need at least 6 more, 50 page minimum threads spread over a couple of years.  But it at least gives you an idea.

Trivial

Quote from: Gone with the Sin on October 02, 2015, 05:55:21 AM
So. My brother (26) tested for low testosterone (202 units); so I(29) went to get my checked along with my cortisol. Cortisol is fine, but I have low testosterone(290 units) as well. So on top of my hypothyroidism,low testosterone,and my now pre-diabetes stage (5.7) A1c level. I now have to take synthetic thyroid, androgel, and metamorfin as a medical cocktail to keep the weight off. The body fat is increasing, and making me become insulin resistant. So I went to my manager last week to let me only work at the call center 3 days 12hrs/day. I now only work 3 days, and I'm off Sat-Tuesday, so I can work out, and run my store online as well. Only losing $48/week per paycheck; so fuck it. My health is more important. My energy is better. I procrastinate less after my doctor increased my dosage to 100mcg of thyroid. I've already lost 10lbs of the 25lbs I gained working this desk job from taking metamorfin.

For our age group we're suppose to be in the mid 700's to low 800's in Free Range Testosterone. So we're basically old men in young bodies. This explains why my body fat increased more, and my brother could never gain his muscle mass while body building with me when I was 20-24.

Shit's hilarious! Once I get my Androgel tomorrow I'm going to rub it all over my cock, and fuck my wife until she evolves and grows a second vagina. Best Birthday gift ever.

Wouldn't that just give her a mustache instead?
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.