ITT, Holist demonstrates why his "English" is superior.

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 28, 2012, 10:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

I think holist, if not a bot, is probably drunk.  Why is he drunk?  Well, he has things as bad as prostitutes, you know. He probably has to get drunk before he can make himself do any freelance translation work.

Freeky

Although if you take into account the behavior of a smallfry bully at the playground who was shut down by a mark that was cleverer than him, his "whatever you farm" comment makes perfect sense.

Or maybe he just wants to be Roger. Who the fuck knows?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 28, 2012, 07:19:56 PM
Although if you take into account the behavior of a smallfry bully at the playground who was shut down by a mark that was cleverer than him, his "whatever you farm" comment makes perfect sense.

Thing is, ANYONE can be Roger.  Replacing me isn't necessary.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 28, 2012, 07:22:29 PM

Ah, but see, what he REALLY wants isn't to really be like you, with the bad wiring and anger and realistic worldview.  He wants the MIND LAZORS, the fanatical devotion of the board members, the fans, the interbutts cred.  He wants to be you.

He's exactly like the small-fry schoolyard bully.  He wants to be The Popular Kid.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 28, 2012, 07:29:52 PM

Ah, but see, what he REALLY wants isn't to really be like you, with the bad wiring and anger and realistic worldview.  He wants the MIND LAZORS, the fanatical devotion of the board members, the fans, the interbutts cred.  He wants to be you.

He's exactly like the small-fry schoolyard bully.  He wants to be The Popular Kid.

But anyone can be all that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 28, 2012, 07:35:18 PM

It isn't to be so much as to have, I think. 

But how are you thinking?  How can holist in particular get to be you?

Anna Mae Bollocks

That would entail actually being likable, which is the crux of the bisquit here.

I can LIKE people who have cognitive disabilities. It's like Roger pointing out the difference between Holist and the old lady who "restored" the painting. Both fucked something up attempting to "improve" it. The difference is that the old lady can be referred to as "sweet".

Holist, OTOH, has the personality of a cesspool.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Most are too tied up in the desperately held concept that they can't.  They had people telling them, their whole lives, that they can't be all that... and they believe those fuckers.  Hear it often enough, and BELIEVE it often enough, and it's true.

You see it a lot, sadly.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Luna on October 28, 2012, 07:40:30 PM

Most are too tied up in the desperately held concept that they can't.  They had people telling them, their whole lives, that they can't be all that... and they believe those fuckers.  Hear it often enough, and BELIEVE it often enough, and it's true.

You see it a lot, sadly.

Yes, but I think the opposite may be true of Holist: he has delusions of grandeur.  :magick:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 28, 2012, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: Luna on October 28, 2012, 07:40:30 PM

You see it a lot, sadly.

Yes, but I think the opposite may be true of Holist: he has delusions of grandeur.  :magick:

Hard to tell...  Smells more like somebody desperate to prove he's got a bigger e-peen than... well, ANYBODY.  That screams inferiority complex, to me.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Because EVERYBODY LOVES ROGER ALL THE TIME. :lol:

I think that what people like this see is a strong personality who expresses themselves well and causes people to FEEL THINGS, and to REACT, and to ARGUE FOR OR AGAINST, and they see that reaction through their filters as power and adulation. They are wrong; it's just intensity, and that intensity of reaction can go against a strong charismatic person just as much as it can go for them. That's why it's important to be as close to right as possible if you're a person whose words cause people to feel and react intensely, because shit can go very badly awry. If you go around being wrong and you get the wrong people agreeing with you, you end up with Jonestown.

That's why I don't trust charismatic, affable leaders. If someone is charismatic, I prefer that they're also cranky and contrarian and would rather not so much have you agree with them, but to be able to launch a cohesive and convincing argument.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth on October 28, 2012, 07:55:53 PM

Because EVERYBODY LOVES ROGER ALL THE TIME. :lol:

I never said it was based in reality.  :lol:

I think that what people like this see is a strong personality who expresses themselves well and causes people to FEEL THINGS, and to REACT, and to ARGUE FOR OR AGAINST, and they see that reaction through their filters as power and adulation. They are wrong; it's just intensity, and that intensity of reaction can go against a strong charismatic person just as much as it can go for them. That's why it's important to be as close to right as possible if you're a person whose words cause people to feel and react intensely, because shit can go very badly awry. If you go around being wrong and you get the wrong people agreeing with you, you end up with Jonestown.

That's why I don't trust charismatic, affable leaders. If someone is charismatic, I prefer that they're also cranky and contrarian and would rather not so much have you agree with them, but to be able to launch a cohesive and convincing argument.

This x a million.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 28, 2012, 07:39:09 PM

Be yourself.  Write what you think.  Think things through.  Don't cling to things that aren't real.

That's really all it takes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel The Rock-Throwing Goth on October 28, 2012, 07:55:53 PM
That's why it's important to be as close to right as possible if you're a person whose words cause people to feel and react intensely, because shit can go very badly awry. If you go around being wrong and you get the wrong people agreeing with you, you end up with Jonestown.

THIS.

Freeky

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 28, 2012, 08:26:16 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on October 28, 2012, 07:39:09 PM

Be yourself.  Write what you think.  Think things through.  Don't cling to things that aren't real.

That's really all it takes.

But that's TOO EASY! :lulz: