News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Songs That Celebrate SexyTiem.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., April 26, 2011, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Freeky

SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.

:magick:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Disco Pickle

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Triple Zero

Quote from: Disco Pickle on April 28, 2011, 12:38:11 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2011, 10:27:43 PM
I've compiled all tracks ITT and converted to MP3 for your iPod listening pleasure:

http://ifile.it/fpo0ie3/sexytiem.zip

ENJOY

you must teach me how you did this.  I'm sure I could figure it out in an hour or so, but I'd be ever so thankful if you could save me that hour.

Sure, that's right--cost me about an hour to figure out as well :)

So I used Linux command-line magic for this, if you don't have a Linux, you still need an hour to either figure out how to do it on Windows, or to install Cygwin (kinda like Bash for Windows).

You need three tools, in order of decreasing importance:

youtube-dl -- commandline tool to download Youtube videos in their original .flv or .mp4 formats (which one you get depends on the video quality it was uploaded). It's a Python script, so if you install Python for Windows, it'll run fine (and Python is awesome, best language to start learning to code, IMO).

ffmpeg -- commandline tool that converts the Youtube video file to an .mp3 file. Actually it's a swiss army knife for converting pretty much any audio/video container format to another, useful for very many things. Available for both Linux and Windows.

ack-grep -- another commandline tool. This one's for munging the text in this thread and extracting the youtube video URLs. It does the same things as traditional GNU grep, except ack-grep actually does exactly what you'd expect it to do most of the time, as opposed to grep, which often doesn't, see website for details. It's only available for Linux and Mac.

=== HOW YOU DO IT

1) first you hit the PRINT button at the top of this thread. print out the thread, tape it to a wooden table, take a photograph, scan it and apply OCR to retrieve the text. Alternatively, select all and copy/paste to a text file.

2) now I use ack-grep to extract all the youtube URLs from the text:

ack-grep --output="\$1" "v=([-a-zA-Z0-9]{11})" printthread.txt | sort | uniq > youtube-tracks.txt

As you can see (if you can decipher regexes), it actually just extracts the video ID bits (like 9uknDkAw-tU and such), cause youtube-dl works with both URLs and just the video ID part.

The | sort | uniq bit is so that I don't get the same video twice (because of people quoting it, etc)

You can also do this step with any decent text editor.

3a) at this point you can simply do

youtube-dl -a youtube-tracks.txt

and it'll download all the videos in that file and basically you're done.

3b) I went a slightly different route because a downloaded youtube video is about 60-200MB, while the mp3 file I want is only about 2MB*, the combined video files would have been roughly 5GB, so wanted it to download the video, convert it to mp3, delete the video, then move on to the next download. Which you can do like this:

for ytt in $(cat youtube-tracks.txt)                # loop over all tracks in the textfile
do
    youtube-dl -o "$ytt.%(title).72s.%(ext)s" $ytt  # download one video (and format the filename in a nice way)
    fff=$(ls $ytt*)                                 # grab the filename of the video file
    ffmpeg -i "$fff" "${fff%.*}.mp3"                # convert video file to mp3
    rm "$fff"                                       # remove the video file
done

If this looks like black magic to you, that's because it is 8) I can explain it more, if you like, but not in this thread.

* Youtube tracks only have a 64kbps bitrate, not much. This method is not really suited for buffing your mp3 collection if you care about sound quality :) But it's great for quickly/easily getting a cool "mixtape" out of a PD.com thread.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 29, 2011, 12:37:02 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on April 28, 2011, 12:38:11 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2011, 10:27:43 PM
I've compiled all tracks ITT and converted to MP3 for your iPod listening pleasure:

http://ifile.it/fpo0ie3/sexytiem.zip

ENJOY

you must teach me how you did this.  I'm sure I could figure it out in an hour or so, but I'd be ever so thankful if you could save me that hour.

Sure, that's right--cost me about an hour to figure out as well :)

So I used Linux command-line magic for this, if you don't have a Linux, you still need an hour to either figure out how to do it on Windows, or to install Cygwin (kinda like Bash for Windows).

You need three tools, in order of decreasing importance:

youtube-dl -- commandline tool to download Youtube videos in their original .flv or .mp4 formats (which one you get depends on the video quality it was uploaded). It's a Python script, so if you install Python for Windows, it'll run fine (and Python is awesome, best language to start learning to code, IMO).

ffmpeg -- commandline tool that converts the Youtube video file to an .mp3 file. Actually it's a swiss army knife for converting pretty much any audio/video container format to another, useful for very many things. Available for both Linux and Windows.

ack-grep -- another commandline tool. This one's for munging the text in this thread and extracting the youtube video URLs. It does the same things as traditional GNU grep, except ack-grep actually does exactly what you'd expect it to do most of the time, as opposed to grep, which often doesn't, see website for details. It's only available for Linux and Mac.

=== HOW YOU DO IT

1) first you hit the PRINT button at the top of this thread. print out the thread, tape it to a wooden table, take a photograph, scan it and apply OCR to retrieve the text. Alternatively, select all and copy/paste to a text file.

2) now I use ack-grep to extract all the youtube URLs from the text:

ack-grep --output="\$1" "v=([-a-zA-Z0-9]{11})" printthread.txt | sort | uniq > youtube-tracks.txt

As you can see (if you can decipher regexes), it actually just extracts the video ID bits (like 9uknDkAw-tU and such), cause youtube-dl works with both URLs and just the video ID part.

The | sort | uniq bit is so that I don't get the same video twice (because of people quoting it, etc)

You can also do this step with any decent text editor.

3a) at this point you can simply do

youtube-dl -a youtube-tracks.txt

and it'll download all the videos in that file and basically you're done.

3b) I went a slightly different route because a downloaded youtube video is about 60-200MB, while the mp3 file I want is only about 2MB*, the combined video files would have been roughly 5GB, so wanted it to download the video, convert it to mp3, delete the video, then move on to the next download. Which you can do like this:

for ytt in $(cat youtube-tracks.txt)                # loop over all tracks in the textfile
do
    youtube-dl -o "$ytt.%(title).72s.%(ext)s" $ytt  # download one video (and format the filename in a nice way)
    fff=$(ls $ytt*)                                 # grab the filename of the video file
    ffmpeg -i "$fff" "${fff%.*}.mp3"                # convert video file to mp3
    rm "$fff"                                       # remove the video file
done

If this looks like black magic to you, that's because it is 8) I can explain it more, if you like, but not in this thread.

* Youtube tracks only have a 64kbps bitrate, not much. This method is not really suited for buffing your mp3 collection if you care about sound quality :) But it's great for quickly/easily getting a cool "mixtape" out of a PD.com thread.

Not black magic at all, thanks for taking the time to write it all out.  It's probably been a year and a half since I fired up the linux box I have in the closet, I just don't have room for it at the moment.   Might dig it out in a couple of weeks and put this to the test. 

Nice work Trip
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Triple Zero

(psssssshh ... you still get to call it black magic, even if you know how it's done ;-) )
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BadBeast

More Redneck stylee. Cover version, I know, but it certainly brings a little something more to the Aerosmith original. And the subsequent Run DMC collaboration. I love these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyqMrsuLXw

For a start, you can actually follow the lyric easily here. (Steve Tyler always was a sleazy old bastard, innit?  :lulz: )

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4