News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Uk home office tells Pamela Gellar to fuck off

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 27, 2013, 11:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Well that's the response I usually get to most of my posts. It seemed reasonable to assume that a comment of mine that others commented on was, you know, advancing the conversation at least a little by the fact of commenting.

Also, by above the "you" was referring to roger's comment, not you YOU. I can see how that's a little confusing. Sorry.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

tarod

I totally get being told to fuck off and google it, the tough part is knowing what to google. The only thing I know about English politics is that it's mostly like the U.S. but you have a queen and your government gets hard-ons from putting cameras up everywhere. I've got a pretty thick skin and I expect you guys to be dicks sometimes (I've been lurking this board on and off for 4 years or so). I have to say that this is pretty much the only place on the internet where I've seen people apologize for stuff. So no worries, carry on.

Telarus

Quote from: tarod on August 29, 2013, 09:02:56 PM
I've been lurking this board on and off for 4 years or so. I have to say that this is pretty much the only place on the internet where I've seen people apologize for stuff. So no worries, carry on.

NEWSFEED
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Pope Pixie Pickle

Yea, I get irate with the America-centric nature of teh anglophone intarwubs. I know a lot of Brits that do.

was still not conducive to discussion, tho.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on August 29, 2013, 10:25:59 PM
Yea, I get irate with the America-centric nature of teh anglophone intarwubs. I know a lot of Brits that do.

Well, it's clearly Tarod's fault, personally, that the British Empire, while incredibly successful at colonizing and utterly fucking over so many people on so many continents, did not ultimately end up inventing the internet and is not the majority population on it, so carry on.

And I will be sure to rip a new hole for anyone who isn't familiar with the petty details of American politics, just to keep things fair.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 11:20:59 PM
Quote from: Pixie on August 27, 2013, 11:07:50 PM
WE HAVE ENOUGH RIGHT WING WINGNUTS HERE WE DON'T WANT AMERICA'S AS WELL.

But we don't want them.   :sad:

Junkenstein, you are reading this as a reply to your post?  :?

OK. Whatever makes you feel meaningful, I guess.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 30, 2013, 06:59:54 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 11:20:59 PM
Quote from: Pixie on August 27, 2013, 11:07:50 PM
WE HAVE ENOUGH RIGHT WING WINGNUTS HERE WE DON'T WANT AMERICA'S AS WELL.

But we don't want them.   :sad:

Junkenstein, you are reading this as a reply to your post?  :?

OK. Whatever makes you feel meaningful, I guess.

Well Pixie's comment is, and Roger is commenting on to Pixie so yes? It's not going to get carved in stone any time soon, but these seem to be a reply and comment on a reply.

It wasn't about the contribution being meaningful as much as I was saying that it was there. By your own admission, you didn't comment at all so that is surely a less meaningful contribution? I was apologising mainly for setting the tone at the start of the thread. That wasn't helpful but it did eventually get into something a bit more interesting.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh god, whatever, fuck your little pissing contest. Your snarky comment was TOTALLY THE HEART OF THE THREAD, you win the internet.

Junkenstein

You know, I'm having a bad couple of days and I'll assume it's the same for you.

I usually agree with pretty much everything you post, I suspect bad communication is to blame here. Or you actually think I'm that insecure, in which case, thanks. That's not insulting at all.

Cain

-

tarod

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2013, 01:29:58 PM
Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 30, 2013, 06:54:49 AM
Quote from: Pixie on August 29, 2013, 10:25:59 PM

Well, it's clearly Tarod's fault, personally, that the British Empire, while incredibly successful at colonizing and utterly fucking over so many people on so many continents, did not ultimately end up inventing the internet and is not the majority population on it, so carry on.

And I will be sure to rip a new hole for anyone who isn't familiar with the petty details of American politics, just to keep things fair.

Not to mention anyone who is going to be talking politics online is going to be talking American politics because, despite British propaganda to the contrary, American politics are more globally relevant.

The UKUSA agreement means UK is a vassal state in all but name and Federal funding forms.  Hell, the UK wouldn't have a nuclear program without US permission and largesse.  Internal matters are, of course, largely our own to maintain, so long as we stick within existing liberal-capitalistic norms, but on the global stage, we're just legally deniable adjuncts to American military power.

Shhhh you're not supposed till let them KNOW that.