News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

'Last' Sikh Martial Arts Master Seeks Apprentice

Started by Telarus, October 30, 2011, 11:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

While the circumstances horrify me (a singular master of a lost martial art trying to pass on his most advanced techniques before he dies, but not finding anyone with enough experience with the lower forms to be able to understand them).... I am seriously impressed with Mr. Nidar Singh, last known master of the shastar vidya art of the Nihang Sikh. He currently travels between the UK, Canada, and Punjab, and teaches the art to anyone dedicated.

"The people who are here are open-minded," he says. "I have Muslims and Christians here as well as Sikhs."

Nihang Sikh, btw, are the sect which (used to) drink Bhang (Cannabis enfused milk drink) in order to reach out to the Godhead.

Oh, and the shastar vidya practitioners went around battlefields dressed like this:

Full Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15480741
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Don Coyote

I hope he finds some sufficiently advanced students. It would be heartbreaking for another art to die.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Ooh boy. George Lucas is just going to sue their asses, right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

For some reason, "War shoes with toe blades" sounds really comedic to me. In a sharks with lasers sort of way.

I'm sure that the war shoes can make a kick quite deadly, but  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

The man in the photo looks like he could kill a motherfucker without thinking.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on November 04, 2011, 12:53:59 AM
The man in the photo looks like he could kill a motherfucker without thinking.

He reminds me of my friend Zach.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

JERRY GARCIA HAS RETURNED FROM THE GRAVE.

AND HE'S PISSED OFF.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.