News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

The Cabinet of Invisible Counselors

Started by Bu🤠ns, April 02, 2012, 06:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Kurt Vonnegut's humanist ghost
Scott Morlock
Gilda Radner
Jimmy Cauty
Mark Twain
William H. Taft (my fave president evar)
W. C. Fields
Debbie Gibson holding a wooden bat
George Carlin holding a poop scoop
Roald Dahl <3
Eric Carle <3 <3

Oysters Rockefeller

Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Junkenstein

Bill Hicks
Richard Pryor
Dante Alighieri
Genghis Khan
Dimebag Darrell

Between them I'm pretty sure I've got everything covered.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Phox

Hmm.  I will have to consider this.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2012, 08:01:07 PM
Machiavelli
Quirrell from HPMoR
Nietzsche
Kierkegaard
IOZ
Voltaire
Hannibal

Mostly, this leads me to doing things which make me giggle inappropriately when I think about them.

IOZ almost made it onto my cabinet. Probably the reason he didn't is because he's so damn inscrutable at times.

I have been considering putting CokeTalk on there as well, but it's interesting enough having Homer on there...he's kinda like cross between a college frat philosophy student and a blind blues pianist.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

navkat

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on April 06, 2012, 10:24:49 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2012, 08:01:07 PM
Machiavelli
Quirrell from HPMoR
Nietzsche
Kierkegaard
IOZ
Voltaire
Hannibal

Mostly, this leads me to doing things which make me giggle inappropriately when I think about them.

IOZ almost made it onto my cabinet. Probably the reason he didn't is because he's so damn inscrutable at times.

I have been considering putting CokeTalk on there as well, but it's interesting enough having Homer on there...he's kinda like cross between a college frat philosophy student and a blind blues pianist.

I love Coquette. Love.

minuspace

Virgil...  Because Homer can also be a bore and someone had the gall to mention Dante.

Junkenstein

Why not Dante? When considering punishments or rewards you need someone around who can get creative.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Oysters Rockefeller

^ Fair point.

I mean, he put the pope in Hell.
----------------------
----------------------

minuspace

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2012, 12:54:43 AM
Why not Dante? When considering punishments or rewards you need someone around who can get creative.

Not to counter your lead, it was just a matter of precedence I was considering for the passage of things down here.  Of course, I don't believe the company is really worth complaining about?

Junkenstein

I'll admit I'm not going to get any points for creative thinking with Dante, but the company is exceptional. Khan and Dante make a formidable pair of bastards when they're angry at someone.

And it's more like 6 popes IIRC. The "Inferno" is pretty much a poetic list of fuckers who should be tortured indefinitely for these wrongs.

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2012, 07:30:33 PM
I'll admit I'm not going to get any points for creative thinking with Dante, but the company is exceptional. Khan and Dante make a formidable pair of bastards when they're angry at someone.

And it's more like 6 popes IIRC. The "Inferno" is pretty much a poetic list of fuckers who should be tortured indefinitely for these wrongs.

I never finished it. It was way too hard.
----------------------
----------------------

minuspace

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on April 07, 2012, 07:40:16 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 07, 2012, 07:30:33 PM

I never finished it. It was way too hard.

I may have also focused a little too much on the Inferno.... Oh, well...  :lulz:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bu🤠ns