PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

To punch a feminist...

Started by Bu🤠ns, December 08, 2013, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Cain

Almost undone by this fail, though:

QuoteTrue-blue-brit might have expected that Tumblr, which only skews slightly female despite often being stereotyped as a haven for teenage fangirls, wouldn't take kindly to the outburst.

But what he might not have expected was the point at which his post went massively viral: the moment Tumblr user olisaurusrex stepped in and invited him to take his best shot

QuoteUnfortunately, as with any Tumblr social justice issue, there was a downside: olisaurusrex wiped his Tumblr completely after apparently being bombarded with comments from angry women who felt that instead of making the point that male feminists exist, he was catering to the idea that men should stand up for and protect women.

UNNNNNGGG.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on December 08, 2013, 06:27:47 PM
Almost undone by this fail, though:

QuoteTrue-blue-brit might have expected that Tumblr, which only skews slightly female despite often being stereotyped as a haven for teenage fangirls, wouldn't take kindly to the outburst.

But what he might not have expected was the point at which his post went massively viral: the moment Tumblr user olisaurusrex stepped in and invited him to take his best shot

QuoteUnfortunately, as with any Tumblr social justice issue, there was a downside: olisaurusrex wiped his Tumblr completely after apparently being bombarded with comments from angry women who felt that instead of making the point that male feminists exist, he was catering to the idea that men should stand up for and protect women.

UNNNNNGGG.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...there is that.  But it's a good indicator of where the work is.  We  need a horn that summons Patrick Stewart on the spot.

Cain

We need that anyway.  Simply because Patrick Stewart is awesome.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Does this mean we summon george takei with drums?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

I've never been more happy to be a drummer.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 09, 2013, 12:59:30 PM
I've never been more happy to be a drummer.

Also, you get to be functionally invisible.  Like Bilbo Baggins.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Oh, like I'm not a enough of a perv while totally visible.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 09, 2013, 06:55:54 PM
Oh, like I'm not a enough of a perv while totally visible.

When does that happen?   :?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't understand one thing.

If I see anyone getting punched by someone more physically powerful than themselves, I'm probably going to step in.  Doesn't matter who the victim is, what gender, etc.

Does this make me a bad guy?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 09, 2013, 09:28:29 PM

If I see anyone getting punched by someone more physically powerful than themselves, I'm probably going to step in.  Doesn't matter who the victim is, what gender, etc.

I'm sure somebody out there would take offense.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 09, 2013, 10:14:16 PM

I'm sure somebody out there would take offense.

I also wonder why it has to be framed in terms of violence.  I can sorta smell "backlash" here, and that does far more harm than good.  If you're trying to fix things, attempts to intimidate before the fact cause nothing but problems.

Ben Shapiro

White knight privilege or something like that. Better check Tumbler.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 10, 2013, 01:57:39 AM

White knight privilege or something like that. Better check Tumbler.

I just like an excuse to thump people and feel good about it, really.