News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

The Discordian Norm vs. The PD.COM Norm

Started by AFK, June 04, 2010, 01:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 09:07:21 PM
You both do realize it is kind of insulting to suggest those of us who are defending her treatment are doing so because of some nude pictures, right?  Look, we can argue the merits of this but I know damn well I deserve more respect than that.  

You do, I don't... I'm a womanizer, a misogynist and ummm... a 14 year old apparently.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 09:17:31 PM
You both do realize it is kind of insulting to suggest those of us who are defending her treatment are doing so because of some nude pictures, right?  Look, we can argue the merits of this but I know damn well I deserve more respect than that.  

I am judging HER motivation for sending those pics immediately after signing up, especially the way she followed it up with accusing me of being "jealous" (I didn't know about the pics, so I was :?) and later, the "ugly" comments. Paired with the opening comments about fat Discordians, it's apparent to me that she has a huge hangup about appearance and probably gets a great deal of her self-worth from being fawned over by men, which is really kind of sad. I suspect she assumes other women have the same issues. If she hadn't been such an asshole to me, deliberately, multiple times, when I was trying to be nice, I would have sympathy for her.

No, you were suggesting that all she had to do to get sympathy was "flash her tits", which suggests that those who gave her sympathy, or who have stood up for her in any way, are doing so because of said flashing.  Or do you really not see how that criticism also criticizes those of us who've argued against how she's been treated? 

Wait.  I think it was me that said that.
Molon Lube

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

NotPublished

Quote from: Pēleus on June 04, 2010, 11:18:37 PM
:popcorn:

or Korn Flakes :fap:

Yikes, anyhow. I don't identify as a Discordian - or anything, I'm fine with being branded as a Discordian. But, the label doesn't hold any meaning for me.

I do enjoy the culture, the ideas and many of the products. I don't know how to put it to words, I've always had trouble explaining my thoughts into words.

But the way I see it - Discordianism wants us to tap into that creative force that we once-had/have and use it with like the like minded, and possibly make things happen. I don't know, maybe most/some of us get this unrest that just starts driving us and we need to do something about it or risk becomming burnt out and over-life. If one outlet doesn't get fulfiled, then move onto another one.

As for the types of people? I don't know ... I don't think there is a Norm vs PD.com, perhaps just a different way the culture works - but if there was an established norm then I guess that'd be following the rules? Are there solid rules?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I was undecided about PED until she singled out two people with black avatars to call ugly.

It is highly, highly unlikely to be coincidental. The simplest explanation is that she is racist to some degree.

I hate that racist twats get away with their shit as long as it isn't overt.

You don't have to be a blatant nazi skinhead bleating "Heil Hitler" to engage in racism.

I think more often than not, it is in these indirect, insidious ways that racism is expressed, which is easy to rationalize away if you don't want to believe a person is racist.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am judging HER motivation for sending those pics immediately after signing up, especially the way she followed it up with accusing me of being "jealous" (I didn't know about the pics, so I was :?) and later, the "ugly" comments. Paired with the opening comments about fat Discordians, it's apparent to me that she has a huge hangup about appearance and probably gets a great deal of her self-worth from being fawned over by men, which is really kind of sad. I suspect she assumes other women have the same issues. If she hadn't been such an asshole to me, deliberately, multiple times, when I was trying to be nice, I would have sympathy for her.

No, you were suggesting that all she had to do to get sympathy was "flash her tits", which suggests that those who gave her sympathy, or who have stood up for her in any way, are doing so because of said flashing.  Or do you really not see how that criticism also criticizes those of us who've argued against how she's been treated? 

WOW, your mind-reading powers are SO AWESOME!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2010, 09:23:54 PM

Wait.  I think it was me that said that.

Yeah, it was. But that doesn't matter; the point is to demonize someone for Being Mean to an Innocent Creature.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 08:42:55 PM

PED has been mostly harmless outside of her initial entrance, until, as Nigel admits herself, PED was baited into hostilities.  

That is such bullshit. Apparently we're not even reading the same thread. She posted her deliberately inflammatory OP, and UNLIKE almost everyone else, I decided to treat her questions as if they were earnest and answer them in kind... but nicely. She responded with hostility and contempt, and that's where I've been with her ever since.

Oh, and meanwhile she was PMing nudes of herself to various males on the forum, rounding up her white knight posse.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 6 Feet of Sole on June 06, 2010, 06:08:49 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 08:42:55 PM

PED has been mostly harmless outside of her initial entrance, until, as Nigel admits herself, PED was baited into hostilities.  

That is such bullshit. Apparently we're not even reading the same thread. She posted her deliberately inflammatory OP, and UNLIKE almost everyone else, I decided to treat her questions as if they were earnest and answer them in kind... but nicely. She responded with hostility and contempt, and that's where I've been with her ever since.

Oh, and meanwhile she was PMing nudes of herself to various males on the forum, rounding up her white knight posse.

FFS. The implication is that it was her intent, not that it was successful. Stop trying to find what I did not say.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

AND I do think she got some extra leeway out of it early on, which I said outright, but what you are Lo5ing my posts for seems to be a direct accusation that YOU are in her pocket because of her tits, and that is not what I'm saying.

Also, I think that is nothing more than a diversion from the fact that I have perfectly valid reasons for not liking her, and it's not your problem. Ratatosk mentioned honesty, earlier; I have been practicing it in this thread, your accusations to the contrary.

Adios

:noob:

If I had been here and read her first post in this thread this would have been my comment. Tits or no tits.

AFK

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 06, 2010, 07:55:50 PM
AND I do think she got some extra leeway out of it early on, which I said outright, but what you are Lo5ing my posts for seems to be a direct accusation that YOU are in her pocket because of her tits, and that is not what I'm saying.

Also, I think that is nothing more than a diversion from the fact that I have perfectly valid reasons for not liking her, and it's not your problem. Ratatosk mentioned honesty, earlier; I have been practicing it in this thread, your accusations to the contrary.

You always have perfectly valid reasons when you get into a pissing match with someone. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

PED has been nothing but hostile and intentionally insulting to this forum in general and to several people here specifically, and started that behavior immediately upon arriving, with no prior provocation. She has also contributed absolutely nothing of any redeeming value at all to this forum, unless you count the nudie pics, which are decent but nothing special. I'm really not sure why anyone would be defending her against a group of people who have been, for the most part, uncharacteristically patient with her before returning the hostility that she's been dishing out the whole time.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"