News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 18, 2015, 06:55:59 PM
I just had my line manager take my hand and "jokingly" slap it, like you would with a naughty child.

Dear fucking God this place is putting my poker face to the test.

Um.

Wow.

How did you manage not to punch them in the throat?

Cain

A mixture of initial shock and extreme self-control.

Only got two more weeks until my probation period is over.... He also implied my co-worker, who went to Ireland on her time off and so "unfortunately" missed our glorious Monday meeting, was lying about going there.  Despite seeing her leave from work on Sunday morning with a suitcase.  Not to mention the email sent nearly two weeks ago, before the meeting date was set.

And in other interesting news, I discovered the drunken student who assaulted me is actually only 17 years old.  Meaning, he never should have been here in the first place.  Meaning, he was removed not because of the assault on Saturday night (as I was led to believe), but because of the liability of having an unsupervised student of that age on the premises.  Had that not been the case, I question whether or not he would have been asked to leave at all.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 18, 2015, 07:06:17 PM
A mixture of initial shock and extreme self-control.

Only got two more weeks until my probation period is over.... He also implied my co-worker, who went to Ireland on her time off and so "unfortunately" missed our glorious Monday meeting, was lying about going there.  Despite seeing her leave from work on Sunday morning with a suitcase.  Not to mention the email sent nearly two weeks ago, before the meeting date was set.

And in other interesting news, I discovered the drunken student who assaulted me is actually only 17 years old.  Meaning, he never should have been here in the first place.  Meaning, he was removed not because of the assault on Saturday night (as I was led to believe), but because of the liability of having an unsupervised student of that age on the premises.  Had that not been the case, I question whether or not he would have been asked to leave at all.
For fuck's sake.
I would tell you to run while you still have legs if I thought you would listen.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

I need at least £1000 in savings and a job and place to move into before I can go.

Besides, as much bullshit as things like this are, the fact is this job is painfully easy and boring 90% of the time, and the only real difficulties are restraining my understandable urge to kill while surrounded by such idiocy.  As such, it gives me something to do and somewhere to live while I get on with the important thing - finishing my course and dissertation, and then applying for PhD programs.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 18, 2015, 07:21:50 PM
I need at least £1000 in savings and a job and place to move into before I can go.

Besides, as much bullshit as things like this are, the fact is this job is painfully easy and boring 90% of the time, and the only real difficulties are restraining my understandable urge to kill while surrounded by such idiocy.  As such, it gives me something to do and somewhere to live while I get on with the important thing - finishing my course and dissertation, and then applying for PhD programs.
a solid argument.
Good luck with not flipping out.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 18, 2015, 07:21:50 PM

I admire your restraint and will to achieve what you want. Good fortune sir.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

And now he's micromanaging me via email.  Thanks Mel, I've never had to look for a missing student after curfew before.  :x

rong

I finally got around to looking up something I've wondered about off and on and thought I would share:

Turns out the earth is a prograde planet (as opposed to retrograde).

This means that, if you orient the solar system so that the earth orbits the sun "clockwise" then the earth also rotates about it's own axis "clockwise"

The effect is that every day we spend a little extra time on the sunny side of the planet.

Another effect is that, at night, we are travelling through space at a higher rate of speed which is closer to the speed of light and time is a little slower.

thought I would share, cuz . . . the more you know and stuff.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

minuspace

Quote from: rong on March 18, 2015, 10:16:56 PM
I finally got around to looking up something I've wondered about off and on and thought I would share:

Turns out the earth is a prograde planet (as opposed to retrograde).

This means that, if you orient the solar system so that the earth orbits the sun "clockwise" then the earth also rotates about it's own axis "clockwise"

The effect is that every day we spend a little extra time on the sunny side of the planet.

Another effect is that, at night, we are travelling through space at a higher rate of speed which is closer to the speed of light and time is a little slower.

thought I would share, cuz . . . the more you know and stuff.

Cool!  It's one of those things I just remembered I wanted to know, and good brain exercise.

So, just to recap, if it was a retrograde orbit, would every year get shorter?
*LuciferX's reach extends beyond his grasp *falls from monkey-bar*

Now I'm deliciouslyconfused, onto the second point, the relative increase in velocity is supposed to have a stronger effect on space/time curvature than distance from M1, because inverse square Law... 

Then I realize how I clearly do not remember gravitomagnetic time delay.
*Satelites fall from the sky* LuciferX cracks smile and sparks a joint for Eris*

thank you.

Doktor Howl

Acted out at dinner with Lillie and the brass from Germany.

If this doesn't get me fired, nothing will.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Hold on, the German dudes are THERE, and you went to dinner with them and LILLIE?

Truly, your last fucks have flown.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2015, 03:44:10 AM

I would suggest "there were no survivors" but, you know, Tuscon.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Demolition Squid on March 18, 2015, 01:43:35 PM
I like it all, but it has gotten consistently better... I think because they are relying on in-jokes and callbacks to the show much less as they hit their stride. My favorite episode is still 20 - Namekimania 2011. :D

The latest movie they did was hilarious, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTKEFZFi_8

Junkenstein

Detailed anecdote required.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 19, 2015, 07:30:41 AM

Detailed anecdote required.

Sure.  Just gimme time to wake up.
Molon Lube