News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Just now at work:

siobhan and eleni: (indistinct office chatter)
eleni: (indistinct) ... Kevin?
Me: hmmm?
Eleni: whats a booze that begins with a?
Me: :blink: absinthe
siobhan: oh jesus :lulz:
eleni: heres some absinthe dr. (redacted)! :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Lol

siobhan: can you get absinthe for about $20?
Me: (what the hell is going on lol) uh... No probably not unless its czech knock off stuff.

Don Coyote

Juana

"Unquestionably the person that can get lowest down in cringing before royalty and nobility, and can get most satisfaction out of crawling on his belly before them, is an American. Not all Americans, but when an American does it he makes competition impossible. We have to be despised by somebody whom we regard as above us or we are not happy; we have to have somebody to worship and envy or we cannot be content. In America we manifest this in all the ancient and customary ways. In public we scoff at titles and hereditary privilege but privately we hanker after them, and when we get a chance we buy them for cash and a daughter."
-- Mark Twain
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 04, 2012, 10:39:36 PM
"Unquestionably the person that can get lowest down in cringing before royalty and nobility, and can get most satisfaction out of crawling on his belly before them, is an American. Not all Americans, but when an American does it he makes competition impossible. We have to be despised by somebody whom we regard as above us or we are not happy; we have to have somebody to worship and envy or we cannot be content. In America we manifest this in all the ancient and customary ways. In public we scoff at titles and hereditary privilege but privately we hanker after them, and when we get a chance we buy them for cash and a daughter."
-- Mark Twain

I love a man who rips off his own work.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Worships the ground Mark Twain walked on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Thanks!

That made my head hurt a bit.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on December 04, 2012, 11:07:17 PM
Thanks!

That made my head hurt a bit.

I love the "it's ok because you can just drive your car, and it's being done to everyone equally."
Because EVERYONE drives a car, and that means they have no right to use anything their taxes paid for.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Twid, some of your FB friends are idiots and assholes, what gives? How is it that you have not badgered these people into unfriending you yet?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on December 04, 2012, 11:29:15 PM
Twid, some of your FB friends are idiots and assholes, what gives? How is it that you have not badgered these people into unfriending you yet?

unless that is with regards with something else, that is actually a friend of a friend of mine, acting the fool.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: American Jackal on December 04, 2012, 11:37:53 PM

unless that is with regards with something else, that is actually a friend of a friend of mine, acting the fool.

In some cases it is a valid thing. Other times I imagine it's just catching them at a weird time. Aside from Green Abortions guy I can't think of anything particularly recent though.

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually the biggest asshole friends every musician in Boston, and then banned me and LMNO (as well as others) for continuing to poke at his teabuggery. Which was hilarious because he decided to do it to everyone on his friends list that he knew was liberal. I hadn't even bothered him in a few days, but he made big sweeping cuts.

It's all good though, I picked up some friends in the process.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on December 04, 2012, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: American Jackal on December 04, 2012, 11:37:53 PM

In some cases it is a valid thing. Other times I imagine it's just catching them at a weird time. Aside from Green Abortions guy I can't think of anything particularly recent though.

Ohhhhh OK. I think I have my profile set so that only my friends can comment.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: American Jackal on December 04, 2012, 10:34:05 PM
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/84/74746621.png

So the crazy person I was arguing with either deleted her comments, or my friend did, because now it's just me screaming into the void. :lulz: