News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Nightmare fuel

Started by Cain, April 18, 2009, 02:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

I need to stay away from this thread.  :x
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

From a 1976 UN report into the Nazi cult at Colonia Dignidad (which I will be discussing at length in an upcoming piece on fascism in South America):

QuoteIn Colonia Dignidad, prisoners have allegedly been subjected to different "experiments" without any interrogation: to dogs trained to commit sexual aggressions and destroy sexual organs of both sexes.

QuoteThe detainees heads are covered with leather hoods which are stuck to their faces with substances that are supposedly chemicals.  In these [underground] cells, interrogations are carried out through electronic equipment, including loudspeakers and microphones, while detainees are tied naked to metal frames to recieve electric shocks.

The leader of the Colony is one Paul Schafer, a committed Nazi of uncertain background (his military record is lost), who is uncommonly fond of small children, mind-altering drugs and hideous experiments aimed at creating the perfect torture technique.

This system described above was set-up by the American terrorist Michael Townley, by the way, a former CIA agent, who despite being convicted for assassinations around the globe, currently lives quite comfortably in the federal witness system.  Presumably this is due to fears that further investigations of his activities in Chile might unearth exactly who was bankrolling Colonia Dignidad (lots of cash came in from America), and because he forms a definite link between the American intelligence community and Operation Gladio.

Nast

Holy shit, I once watched a documentary in Spanish class that mentioned that place. It painted it as a quaint folk village, not some sort of horrible torture cult compound.
I had no idea.  :x
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

E.O.T.

Quote from: LMNO on July 08, 2009, 08:02:53 PM
As always, "The Mass Psychology of Fascism," by Wilhelm Reich.

I'm almost finished, I promise.

I'm also typing up key excerpts.

HAVE

You built an accumulator, or ever gotten an extended chance to try one?

DOES

Reich work his orgasm theory into mass psychology?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Cain

Quote from: Nast on February 07, 2010, 07:56:49 PM
Holy shit, I once watched a documentary in Spanish class that mentioned that place. It painted it as a quaint folk village, not some sort of horrible torture cult compound.
I had no idea.  :x

Oh wow.  That's a fairly major mistake, yeah.  It is quaint, since Schafer ran the place as a cult, so no TV, no newspapers, no radio etc, all the architectural styles in German, all the clothes based on designs from the 1940s etc.  It has become more open since Schafer fled, but exactly how open is subject to debate.

Cain

Pariah

Quote from: Cain on February 07, 2010, 07:25:04 PM
The leader of the Colony is one Paul Schafer, a committed Nazi of uncertain background (his military record is lost), who is uncommonly fond of small children, mind-altering drugs and hideous experiments aimed at creating the perfect torture technique.

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Cain

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 08, 2010, 11:41:42 AM
:lol: geography is not my freind.

ah well in that case:

QuoteA Spanish art historian has uncovered what was alleged to be the first use of modern art as a deliberate form of torture, with the discovery that mind-bending prison cells were built by anarchist artists 65 years ago during the country's bloody civil war.

Bauhaus artists such as Kandinsky, Klee and Itten, as well as the surrealist film-maker Luis Bunuel and his friend Salvador Dali, were said to be the inspiration behind a series of secret cells and torture centres built in Barcelona and elsewhere, yesterday's El Pais newspaper reported.

Most were the work of an enthusiastic French anarchist, Alphonse Laurencic, who invented a form of "psychotechnic" torture, according to the research of the historian Jose Milicua.

Mr Milicua's information came from a written account of Laurencic's trial before a Francoist military tribunal. That 1939 account was written by a man called R L Chacon who, like anybody allowed to publish by the newly installed dictatorship, could not have been expected to feel any sympathy for what Nazi Germany had already denounced as "degenerative art".

Laurencic, who claimed to be a painter and conductor in civilian life, created his so-called "coloured cells" as a contribution to the fight against General Franco's rightwing rebel forces.

They may also have been used to house members of other leftwing factions battling for power with the anarchist National Confederation of Workers, to which Laurencic belonged.

Hidden

The cells, built in 1938 and reportedly hidden from foreign journalists who visited the makeshift jails on Vallmajor and Saragossa streets, were as inspired by ideas of geometric abstraction and surrealism as they were by avant garde art theories on the psychological properties of colours.

Beds were placed at a 20 degree angle, making them near-impossible to sleep on, and the floors of the 6ft by 3ft cells was scattered with bricks and other geometric blocks to prevent prisoners from walking backwards and forwards, according to the account of Laurencic's trial.

The only option left to prisoners was staring at the walls, which were curved and covered with mind-altering patterns of cubes, squares, straight lines and spirals which utilised tricks of colour, perspective and scale to cause mental confusion and distress.

Lighting effects gave the impression that the dizzying patterns on the wall were moving.

A stone bench was similarly designed to send a prisoner sliding to the floor when he or she sat down, Mr Milicua said. Some cells were painted with tar so that they would warm up in the sun and produce asphyxiating heat.

Laurencic told the military court that he had been commissioned to build the cells by an anarchist leader who had heard of similar ones used elsewhere in the republican zone during the civil war, possibly in Valencia.

Mr Milicua has claimed that Laurencic preferred to use the colour green because, according to his theory of the psychological effects of various colours, it produced melancholy and sadness in prisoners.

But it appears that Barcelona was not the only place where avant garde art was used to torture Franco's supporters.

According to the prosecutors who put Laurencic on trial in 1939, a jail in Murcia in south-east Spain forced prisoners to view the infamously disturbing scene from Dali and Bunuel's film Un Chien Andalou, in which an eyeball is sliced open.

El Pais commented: "The avant garde forms of the moment - surrealism and geometric abstraction - were thus used for the aim of committing psychological torture.

"The creators of such revolutionary and liberating [artistic] languages could never have imagined that they would be so intrinsically linked to repression."

Wow, thats pretty fucked up.  But not entirely unexpected.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pariarrhea on February 08, 2010, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 07, 2010, 07:25:04 PM

Oh HOLY SHIT! :mittens:  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Quote from: Kai on April 07, 2010, 01:38:39 AM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat on February 18, 2010, 09:03:49 AM
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal Crossing/   :x

Is that LP really that bad? O.o

*afraid to watch*

Normally lets play is just gameplay footage of weird video games... this isn't, its just screenshots of Animal crossing used as the skeleton for a bizarre kidnapping story.

Kai

Quote from: Z³ on April 07, 2010, 04:51:59 PM
Quote from: Kai on April 07, 2010, 01:38:39 AM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat on February 18, 2010, 09:03:49 AM
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal Crossing/   :x

Is that LP really that bad? O.o

*afraid to watch*

Normally lets play is just gameplay footage of weird video games... this isn't, its just screenshots of Animal crossing used as the skeleton for a bizarre kidnapping story.

God that was fucked up.  :x

Kai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsL_5bovozE

Creepy as fuck. Do not watch when sleep deprived.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Kai on April 28, 2010, 11:26:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsL_5bovozE

Creepy as fuck. Do not watch when sleep deprived.

Not only am I sleep deprived, but I'm all alone.

My girl and baby are out of town.

So far I've shat my pants once, still watching...

ETA: Not bad, a few hairs on the back of my neck are still sticking up.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A