News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

The Company Loves Me. The Have Sent Me a Friend.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 10, 2014, 03:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 10, 2014, 04:57:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 10, 2014, 04:42:03 PM
I'm still trying to figure out of you paraphrased the conversation or if the HOLY happens irl

Not catching what you mean.

I'm trying to imagine you saying these things verbatim and while it's possible it reads like a movie script or fever dream, and I can't figure out if you write it that way because it's a better story or because that's exactly how you are in person.

It's more or less verbatim, at least to the best of my recollection of the conversation.  Many times I do change things for the story...In this case, however, I was SHOOTING for "fever dream".  I feel it is the best strategy.  Besides, he's here forever, he may as well just jump into the deep end.

I am far weirder inside my head than people see on the outside.  Even people who have met me.  In this regard, I am very much like Richter, which is probably why I enjoy hanging out with him so much.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 10, 2014, 04:57:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 10, 2014, 04:42:03 PM
I'm still trying to figure out of you paraphrased the conversation or if the HOLY happens irl

Not catching what you mean.

I'm trying to imagine you saying these things verbatim and while it's possible it reads like a movie script or fever dream, and I can't figure out if you write it that way because it's a better story or because that's exactly how you are in person.

You could always go to Tucson to find out. A Discordian Pilgrimage. But you'd never escape. Our Mecca is actually a giant sticky trap.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 10, 2014, 05:00:21 PM
I've met him in person.  The above is most likely completely legit.

And I was on my best behavior.   :lol:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh dear. I can't wait to find out what a Station Morale Officer does.  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 10, 2014, 05:04:29 PM

See above.  So far, they sit in their office and bawl when they think nobody is looking.

I can't blame him.  This must be a bit of a shock to him.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 05:06:15 PM

See above.  So far, they sit in their office and bawl when they think nobody is looking.

He worked so hard! Spent all that money! Got all the pieces of paper society told him to! The haircut! The dental work! Everything! And it all went so horribly wrong somehow. If only people would truly recognize his magnificence, things would just be so much better. *tears up* Poor lamb, I feel for him, truly.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cainad (dec.)

I just spent my day sucking spilled fuel oil out of the ground through a straw. I'm glad there are Responsible People like you to guide the Leaders of Tomorrow. I am clearly not suited for the job.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 05:08:02 PM

He worked so hard! Spent all that money! Got all the pieces of paper society told him to! The haircut! The dental work! Everything! And it all went so horribly wrong somehow. If only people would truly recognize his magnificence, things would just be so much better. *tears up* Poor lamb, I feel for him, truly.

All of his tickets are punched.  Where is corner office?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 10, 2014, 05:09:03 PM
I just spent my day sucking spilled fuel oil out of the ground through a straw. I'm glad there are Responsible People like you to guide the Leaders of Tomorrow. I am clearly not suited for the job.

SQUEEZE BULBS.  GODDAMN.

Why do I even have to SAY this shit?

Nephew Twiddleton

True, but aside from that.

This is brilliant. Andrew got sent to the Madman of the Desert. The company actually went, we have just the guy to sort this, and sent him directly to you.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on June 10, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

True, but aside from that.

This is brilliant. Andrew got sent to the Madman of the Desert. The company actually went, we have just the guy to sort this, and sent him directly to you.

This is now twice that this has happened.  I am official traveling shouty guy, and now instructor on remedial humanity.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 05:10:54 PM

In the basement, filled with roaches, yay! That will teach him to take a shit on the people using his bootstraps for a strop.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 05:21:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 05:10:54 PM

In the basement, filled with roaches, yay! That will teach him to take a shit on the people using his bootstraps for a strop.

We don't have basements, unfortunately.

But we do have the ancient, unused old training room.

The Good Reverend Roger

I was just squashing this monster-ass scorpion with a hammer (a fairly routine thing), and he walks in the door.  He stops.  He stares.

"What?"

Junkenstein

"Did you find yours yet?"

Also, training room is a bad idea to me. Potentially far too private. What the boy needs is a desk where everyone can see exactly what he's doing all the time. A corridor would be my preference but that probably won't fly with your safety regs.

Unless the room is totally horrible, in which case, great.

Suggestion - Give him some kind of plant and tell him it's tied to his performance. Insert appropriate bullshit about dedication, care and duty and so on. Then salt it on the QT. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.