News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

You work in an environment envisioned by Hunter Thompson, but none of you are on LSD.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 21, 2014, 05:22:12 PM
You work in an environment envisioned by Hunter Thompson, but none of you are on LSD.

They're on Tucson, they don't NEED LSD.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Weirdness moved to the "A New Currency" thread.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Derrick Hogue on April 21, 2014, 08:23:59 PM
God damn Roger!

What?  It was an appropriate thread split.  That stuff was too good to lose.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

Sir Squid Diddimus

GOOD MORNING!

So I woke up at 9:15 and was pissed that my alarm didn't go off. Checked my clock on my phone "Why the hell isn't there an alarm set for Monday!!", I yelled.
I promptly texted my boss to inform him of this clock situation and that I would mostly likely be running late.
His response quickly snapped me back to reality. "Um, Squid. It's Monday.".

Of course it's Mond--- oh. We're closed Mondays.

WELP, always a good thing to occasionally remind my boss that he hired a functional retard. Fuck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 21, 2014, 03:38:06 PM
Hello, I am back.  I am feeling entirely too well to be at work, which is never a good sign.  Mike the engineer was trying to explain something about maximum temperatures for confined space entry, and I was trying to explain to him that I wrote the procedure.  This led Lilly to ask where I got my information because it's very inconvenient that we have to let things cool down for 96 hours, and a 150C shouldn't be TOO bad, if they laid cardboard down to crawl on.

Naturally, I refused.  Mike was getting more and more agitated.  People were getting information from people who weren't him.  He started making a low keening noise, like a starving dog....It make us all look at him in horror.  The poor bastard had reached crush depth, and it was only 7:45AM on a Monday.  He had blood in his nose, and his eyes were rolling around and around and around, trying to look at everyone at once.  Baby Engineer and I were trying to quietly make book on whether or not he was having a stroke, when he suddenly vomited all over the table, killing the PC projector, which shorted to death on his vomit without a single spark or pop.  It just quietly died.

Mike began screaming about how nobody respects his knowledge and his PE stamp, with blood streaming out of his nose and vomit caked on his chin and shirt.  Then he ran out the door and got into his truck, and roared out of the parking lot, howling all the way.

All of this made dealing with the residual brain flukes easier, let me tell you.  I was just a paranoid asshole with a headache.  Mike was doing a full-on nervous breakdown wobbler, old school.  It's made me like him a little.  Almost.

Holy shit, that's amazing!  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 21, 2014, 09:46:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 21, 2014, 03:38:06 PM
Hello, I am back.  I am feeling entirely too well to be at work, which is never a good sign.  Mike the engineer was trying to explain something about maximum temperatures for confined space entry, and I was trying to explain to him that I wrote the procedure.  This led Lilly to ask where I got my information because it's very inconvenient that we have to let things cool down for 96 hours, and a 150C shouldn't be TOO bad, if they laid cardboard down to crawl on.

Naturally, I refused.  Mike was getting more and more agitated.  People were getting information from people who weren't him.  He started making a low keening noise, like a starving dog....It make us all look at him in horror.  The poor bastard had reached crush depth, and it was only 7:45AM on a Monday.  He had blood in his nose, and his eyes were rolling around and around and around, trying to look at everyone at once.  Baby Engineer and I were trying to quietly make book on whether or not he was having a stroke, when he suddenly vomited all over the table, killing the PC projector, which shorted to death on his vomit without a single spark or pop.  It just quietly died.

Mike began screaming about how nobody respects his knowledge and his PE stamp, with blood streaming out of his nose and vomit caked on his chin and shirt.  Then he ran out the door and got into his truck, and roared out of the parking lot, howling all the way.

All of this made dealing with the residual brain flukes easier, let me tell you.  I was just a paranoid asshole with a headache.  Mike was doing a full-on nervous breakdown wobbler, old school.  It's made me like him a little.  Almost.

Holy shit, that's amazing!  :lulz:

On some days, special days, Tucson delivers.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on April 21, 2014, 09:20:53 PM
GOOD MORNING!

So I woke up at 9:15 and was pissed that my alarm didn't go off. Checked my clock on my phone "Why the hell isn't there an alarm set for Monday!!", I yelled.
I promptly texted my boss to inform him of this clock situation and that I would mostly likely be running late.
His response quickly snapped me back to reality. "Um, Squid. It's Monday.".

Of course it's Mond--- oh. We're closed Mondays.

WELP, always a good thing to occasionally remind my boss that he hired a functional retard. Fuck.

Yes, but your our functional retard.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have had a fairly good weekend. Went to the Hoot, which is a good old-fashioned hootenanny. The good news: I'm going to the next two Hoots. The bad news: there will only be two more Hoots, because the property the old barn is on, which used to be in the middle of the country, is now at the edge of the city and has been sold to developers. :(

Hung out on the porch drinking cheap beer and singing with my housemates for a couple hours. Woke up with a hangover, and went to geology, where mercifully, someone seems to have told GoogleEarth "Broham" Einstein to shut his stupid-leaker before they popped him in it, because he didn't pipe up with a single "theory" based on the fact that he has an internet connection and endless free time.

Checked my email and discovered that they've posted my degrees. I am officially an Associate of Art & Science and I graduated on the President's List. Not bad for a chick who didn't even have a GED two years ago.

Now I'm procrastinating chemistry homework. 
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Nigel on April 21, 2014, 09:56:15 PM
I have had a fairly good weekend. Went to the Hoot, which is a good old-fashioned hootenanny. The good news: I'm going to the next two Hoots. The bad news: there will only be two more Hoots, because the property the old barn is on, which used to be in the middle of the country, is now at the edge of the city and has been sold to developers. :(

Hung out on the porch drinking cheap beer and singing with my housemates for a couple hours. Woke up with a hangover, and went to geology, where mercifully, someone seems to have told GoogleEarth "Broham" Einstein to shut his stupid-leaker before they popped him in it, because he didn't pipe up with a single "theory" based on the fact that he has an internet connection and endless free time.

Checked my email and discovered that they've posted my degrees. I am officially an Associate of Art & Science and I graduated on the President's List. Not bad for a chick who didn't even have a GED two years ago.

Congratulations!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Nigel on April 21, 2014, 09:56:15 PM

Awww Yeah!