News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

What do you REALLY believe?

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2008, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes what you Actually Believe about the Deity?

I worship some variation of the Christian / Jewish / Muslim God
Buddhist / Taoist / Eastern somethingorother
Agnostic -  I couldn't possibly know
Atheist - I believe in no gods
I believe in Eris as an entity but do not follow other Gods
I believe Eris is one of many Gods
I prefer not to define myself
I don't give a fuck about all that stuff
Something else not on this list

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 11:23:01 PM
Quote from: Sister Fracture on March 04, 2011, 11:20:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 11:13:09 PM
I gotta say, though, it's just like old times, being the subject of chat discusssions.

:digtbk:

TGRR,
Cheap, but not as cheap as your haircuts, opies!

Worst mistake since I went to Cut Rate Cuts. :(

:lulz:

:D
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 04, 2011, 10:21:26 PM
Not that he isn't being a bit of a dick about it, but there is a certain level of hypocrisy to your responses to Discordian Kitty

Not sorry.  I believe I've already stated my reasons for going after the fuckwit from MW, and I'm not going into it again. 

You may begin fucking my eyesocket at will.   :lulz:

Do me in the left one, though, my right one is my firing eye.
See this:
Do I give a fuck? Not really.
That ought to cover my feelings on, well, pretty much this whole debacle.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on March 05, 2011, 02:49:53 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 11:09:49 PM
Not that he isn't being a bit of a dick about it, but there is a certain level of hypocrisy to your responses to Discordian Kitty

Not sorry.  I believe I've already stated my reasons for going after the fuckwit from MW, and I'm not going into it again. 

You may begin fucking my eyesocket at will.   :lulz:

Do me in the left one, though, my right one is my firing eye.
See this:
Do I give a fuck? Not really.
That ought to cover my feelings on, well, pretty much this whole debacle.  :lulz:

S'ok.  Your feelings on the matter have been noted.

TGRR,
Horrible hypocritical bastard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cramulus on March 04, 2011, 06:26:31 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on March 04, 2011, 05:51:12 PM
Well, a lot of people do get sick of it.  There haven't been as many ridiculously long flounces as of late, but I attribute that to mere addiction.

there actually have been a lot of silent flounces, or just decreased posting

I've talked to a lot of people over the last few months who feel like this place's vibe is not conclusive to the kinds of discussions/community they want to participate in. I am going to get myself in trouble for naming names, but off the top of my head - eve, burns, fred, badge, kel, enki, rumckle, net, cainad, captain fruitopia, ratatosk... definitely more.. All of them have mentioned to me how the negativity and shitting on others discourages them from posting. Or how they got frustrated that a potentially interesting thread was reduced to telling people why they're wrong or stupid. I also don't feel like it's something I can do anything about, talking about it tends to make people defensive, and frankly I'm already sorry for bringing it up.

OK, I tried really hard to bow out of this thread but I am compelled to address the quoted post.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, Cram, but your list of "named names" is being presented in a very disingenuous manner. I'm IRL friends with some of those people and talk to many of the others on IRC, and I've had discussions about this very subject with those people. With one or two exceptions, everyone on your list that's talked to me about it has said that their lack of posting here has more to do with them having either "outgrown" PD or just not having the time or energy to deal with it. Many people seem to take the stance that if they can't find time to contribute then there's no need for them to be here. I don't necessarily agree, but I respect that stance. I have, even, specifically asked a few of those people if they were staying away because of "Roger and his crowd", and only one person responded affirmatively to that specific line of inquiry. I'm not going to name names, but I will point out that the person in question seems to have utterly failed in letting "Roger's crowd" drive them off the forums. People come and go from this place, and that's never going to change. This is a VERY dynamic place, and it's certainly not going to be everyone's cup of tea all of the time, and that's OK. Trying to use that fact as some sort of evidence that certain people are "driving posters away" or some crap like that is not OK.

And for the record, since Roger brought it up, I am still very much in favor of quality over quantity in terms of posters and content here.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Phox

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 05, 2011, 08:41:37 AM
Well, a lot of people do get sick of it.  There haven't been as many ridiculously long flounces as of late, but I attribute that to mere addiction.

I've talked to a lot of people over the last few months who feel like this place's vibe is not conclusive to the kinds of discussions/community they want to participate in. I am going to get myself in trouble for naming names, but off the top of my head - eve, burns, fred, badge, kel, enki, rumckle, net, cainad, captain fruitopia, ratatosk... definitely more.. All of them have mentioned to me how the negativity and shitting on others discourages them from posting. Or how they got frustrated that a potentially interesting thread was reduced to telling people why they're wrong or stupid. I also don't feel like it's something I can do anything about, talking about it tends to make people defensive, and frankly I'm already sorry for bringing it up.

OK, I tried really hard to bow out of this thread but I am compelled to address the quoted post.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, Cram, but your list of "named names" is being presented in a very disingenuous manner. I'm IRL friends with some of those people and talk to many of the others on IRC, and I've had discussions about this very subject with those people. With one or two exceptions, everyone on your list that's talked to me about it has said that their lack of posting here has more to do with them having either "outgrown" PD or just not having the time or energy to deal with it. Many people seem to take the stance that if they can't find time to contribute then there's no need for them to be here. I don't necessarily agree, but I respect that stance. I have, even, specifically asked a few of those people if they were staying away because of "Roger and his crowd", and only one person responded affirmatively to that specific line of inquiry. I'm not going to name names, but I will point out that the person in question seems to have utterly failed in letting "Roger's crowd" drive them off the forums. People come and go from this place, and that's never going to change. This is a VERY dynamic place, and it's certainly not going to be everyone's cup of tea all of the time, and that's OK. Trying to use that fact as some sort of evidence that certain people are "driving posters away" or some crap like that is not OK.

And for the record, since Roger brought it up, I am still very much in favor of quality over quantity in terms of posters and content here.
:motorcycle:

Triple Zero

Quote from: DiscordianKitty on March 03, 2011, 09:28:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2011, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: DiscordianKittyYou get a multiple choice option when it comes to 'truth'.
Balls.

'Strue

'S also False, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

... eh. ok that was out of context.

I have hardly read any PD the past two weeks so I'm catching up, that's why.

However, I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that PD is pretty much exactly the same place as I temporarily left it :) :)

Not just the drama above (which I don't really feel like getting involved in), as well as before I found this thread (someone had to point me at it, even), there's been ZILLIONS OF COOL THINGS posted as well.

So if you don't mind, I'm gonna go read back on those.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 05, 2011, 08:41:37 AM

A voice of reason.... 

:mittens:

Lord Bandog Ablegate the Wiser

Triple Zero

Lord Bandog Ablegate the Wiser

Some people are quite fond of balls.

The Wizard

Goddammit. What the hell happened here?  :argh!:
Insanity we trust.

Don Coyote