News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 06:45:50 PM
The one ray of light right now is that the Paesior story might be made into a graphic novel.

...more Miguels?

Cain

Contract for the new job signed.

Now I just have to complete the rest of the paperwork.  My current employer is taking my leaving really well - they've only scheduled me a 10 hour shift for New Years Eve in retaliation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 04:19:09 PM
At noon, I have to attend a HAZWOPER class that is being given by our safety tech.  Bear in mind that safety tech doesn't know what he's talking about, but makes up for it by using big words wrong.  He also uses really bad analogies and sometimes likes to veer off into some weird fucking family counseling/advice for no apparent reason (not fucking kidding, and I'm going to wound his inner child if he pulls it today).

I am unsure how this is going to go.  I'm in a bad mood already.

Hopefully, the way it will go will transfer some of your bad day to the safety tech.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 12, 2014, 08:49:40 PM
Contract for the new job signed.

Now I just have to complete the rest of the paperwork.  My current employer is taking my leaving really well - they've only scheduled me a 10 hour shift for New Years Eve in retaliation.

Wooohoo!

Perhaps you can find some way to leave your current employer something to remember you by... except untraceable and preferably unnoticed for several  months.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The thought did cross my mind...though given the state of disarray the warehouse is in, several months is probably a generous estimate.  I'm sure I've seen WWII rations on the back shelves.

Doktor Howl

Meeting over 2 hours early, everyone is angry except me, and I managed to pin it all on Mike.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 09:16:11 PM
Meeting over 2 hours early, everyone is angry except me, and I managed to pin it all on Mike.

It sounds like it couldn't have gone better!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

It was perfect.  Apparently, Mike feels that asking people to walk into a cloud of natural gas in an attempt to preserve equipment is a thing.  And then dug in his heels.  This was during table-top emergency drills, mind you.

This is why he isn't a manager of, yanno, actual people.  Things didn't end well.

In other news, my kids are both skipping the gym right now. Keelin is whimpering some shit about having 3 wisdom teeth pulled out this morning, and Ian (over in North Carolina) is pissing and moaning about a "hernia" he got in a training accident last week.

So, old man still going to the gym while the youngsters find ways to wuss out.
Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 04:56:03 PM
I am looking thought his presentation.  There are short movies.  How does a Hazwoper class have ANYTHING set to Enya?

:crankey:

I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN VERY CONSIDERATE FOR A VERY LONG TIME, BUT THIS IS THE END OF THE FUCKING LINE.  THIS IS A GODDAMN CHEMICAL FACILITY, NOT A PBS SPECIAL. 

I am going to go full retard.  THE WHOLE THING.

No one will love you like I do.

Nephew Twiddleton

I discovered something tonight.

a) I like going to the bar with other science majors (It was George's idea)
b) No matter how embarrassingly drunk I get, I myself am not a liability to get us within an inch of being booted out on account of literally throwing whatever is on the table on the ground. (Not George's idea)
c) Don't drink with Mike at a bar
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 13, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

b) No matter how embarrassingly drunk I get, I myself am not a liability to get us within an inch of being booted out on account of literally throwing whatever is on the table on the ground. (Not George's idea)

That sounds DELIGHTFUL.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Metal Bear on December 13, 2014, 04:21:58 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 04:56:03 PM
I am looking thought his presentation.  There are short movies.  How does a Hazwoper class have ANYTHING set to Enya?

:crankey:

I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN VERY CONSIDERATE FOR A VERY LONG TIME, BUT THIS IS THE END OF THE FUCKING LINE.  THIS IS A GODDAMN CHEMICAL FACILITY, NOT A PBS SPECIAL. 

I am going to go full retard.  THE WHOLE THING.

No one will love you like I do.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 12, 2014, 11:57:19 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 12, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

It was perfect.  Apparently, Mike feels that asking people to walk into a cloud of natural gas in an attempt to preserve equipment is a thing.  And then dug in his heels.  This was during table-top emergency drills, mind you.

This is why he isn't a manager of, yanno, actual people.  Things didn't end well.

In other news, my kids are both skipping the gym right now. Keelin is whimpering some shit about having 3 wisdom teeth pulled out this morning, and Ian (over in North Carolina) is pissing and moaning about a "hernia" he got in a training accident last week.

So, old man still going to the gym while the youngsters find ways to wuss out.

Such BABIES! ;)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 13, 2014, 06:54:40 AM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 13, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

That sounds DELIGHTFUL.

It was interesting to watch. The throwing was kinda chubby at first, but when he continued to do it, it was like, oh.... I see. Hana and James were also taking about how the tightness of his pants revealed that he was a man of sizable dimensions, and Hana is single, adorable, and precisely the kind of person you want to be impressed by your dick. At the end of the night she walked with me to the train station and was like god I hope we don't catch up to him.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, I just remembered that he suggested a drink and dash. Not sure how serious he was about that, but that's a dick move