News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 09, 2010, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

An Error Has Occurred!

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Do you actually have to live in SC to register, or can anyone play?

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

"every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States ... shall register with the Secretary of State."

You realize this means ANY teacher who puts Jefferson, Paine, etc., into a curriculum now needs to register too?
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Richter

Jenne

I'm telling you, it's a way for the government to get YOU to pay THEM to put you on a watchlist.

No one likes their mail being opened.

Jenne,

Speaks from experience here, too

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on February 09, 2010, 03:55:37 PM
I'm telling you, it's a way for the government to get YOU to pay THEM to put you on a watchlist.

Jenne,

Piss on 'em.  They can watch me all they like.  I mean, if they LIKE what they see, than they're sicker than I am.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

LMNO

So, the question I have is who sponsored this bill, and if it was a conservative, how this ties in with "Smaller Government".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 09, 2010, 03:58:46 PM
So, the question I have is who sponsored this bill, and if it was a conservative, how this ties in with "Smaller Government".

They now make an exception for hassling smudgy people.

Also, go ahead and suggest to a "small government conservative" that we only need about half the Navy we have now.  I did this just last night, as a matter of fact, and I was called a "communist" and was told that we should instead save money by cutting PBS funding.

PBS, of course, receives ~ $400 Mn/year, which is totally breaking the bank when compared to, say, 3 unnecessary carrier groups.
Molon Lube

Cain

Military budget, including black ops funding, now stands at $1 trillion.

It is also, almost all, entirely useless and as related to military purposes as the fancy uniforms European soldiers used to wear into battle.  I mean, come on, if the military cared more about winning than pointlessly accumulating crap, American soldiers would be armed with Kalashnikovs and RPGs.  Guerrillas, in contrast to highly funded first world armies (which almost all fail hideously) only care about shit that works.

And that is why America, the UK, France, Germany etc are all fucked.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

Jenne,

Piss on 'em.  They can watch me all they like.  I mean, if they LIKE what they see, than they're sicker than I am.

True, it just made me way more paranoid than I needed to be at the time. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 04:54:43 PM
Military budget, including black ops funding, now stands at $1 trillion.

It is also, almost all, entirely useless and as related to military purposes as the fancy uniforms European soldiers used to wear into battle.  I mean, come on, if the military cared more about winning than pointlessly accumulating crap, American soldiers would be armed with Kalashnikovs and RPGs.  Guerrillas, in contrast to highly funded first world armies (which almost all fail hideously) only care about shit that works.

And that is why America, the UK, France, Germany etc are all fucked.

Gary Brecher wrote a good column comparing the Merkava IV and it's "protected" passengers, vs a teenager - in a tee shirt with an AK47 - standing on a pile of rubble and yelling "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!".

Sometimes the hardware just gets in the way.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on February 09, 2010, 04:56:05 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

Jenne,

True, it just made me way more paranoid than I needed to be at the time. 

Sometimes I call my pervert friends and freak out entirely, just in case someone is listening.
Molon Lube