News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Our head is after pissing off some UKIP Scottland guy:

QuoteAfter a crunch EU summit in Brussels, Mr Kenny confirmed he had passed on the view of Nicola Sturgeon's Sottish National Party (SNP) that "Scotland had a very strong belief that they should not be dragged out of the European Union having voted to stay".

Scottish Ukip MEP David Coburn said Mr Kenny had acted as a "gofer" for the SNP and said he would be "better off ensuring the prosperity and democratic self-governance of the Irish people".
"Instead of acting as a trouble-making messenger boy for the SNP, Enda Kenny would be better off explaining to Ms Sturgeon that national democracy and EU membership are incompatible."

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on June 29, 2016, 10:57:33 PM
Scotland is a distinctly different place from england. That's what I personally mean by "country" The english are a lot unlike us. The land itself is totally different and inferior. There's some nice bits but it's basically a shithole. Wales is a bit better but still, it's a bit shite really. In terms of politics, it's a total clusterfuck with a semi-autonomous parliament full of entitled rich pricks, representing big money, locked in a squabbling contest with a bunch of entitled rich pricks down south, representing bigger money, over who gets what share of the skim.

Those wankers try to tell me I'm part of some "United Kingdom" of self interested bullshit power fuckery. I laugh. I'm scottish. I sincerely do not give a fuck.

QG to the Propaganda cave please.

Apparently Boris has declined to stand. I'm unsure if this is bullshit or symptomatic of his lack of spine.

And ECH, it totally rhymes with "Gay Marriage" and I'll keep telling anyone wearing a UKIP pin the same fucking thing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 30, 2016, 02:01:08 PM
Scotland is a distinctly different place from england. That's what I personally mean by "country" The english are a lot unlike us. The land itself is totally different and inferior. There's some nice bits but it's basically a shithole. Wales is a bit better but still, it's a bit shite really. In terms of politics, it's a total clusterfuck with a semi-autonomous parliament full of entitled rich pricks, representing big money, locked in a squabbling contest with a bunch of entitled rich pricks down south, representing bigger money, over who gets what share of the skim.

Those wankers try to tell me I'm part of some "United Kingdom" of self interested bullshit power fuckery. I laugh. I'm scottish. I sincerely do not give a fuck.

Apparently Boris has declined to stand. I'm unsure if this is bullshit or symptomatic of his lack of spine.

And ECH, it totally rhymes with "Gay Marriage" and I'll keep telling anyone wearing a UKIP pin the same fucking thing.

"The government of the UK is a total clusterfuck with a semi-autonomous parliament full of entitled rich pricks -- representing big money -- locked in a squabbling contest with a bunch of entitled rich pricks down south -- representing bigger money -- over who gets what share of the skim."

Yeah? Or should I do parenthesis on the asides? Or "The UK government" instead of "government of the UK"?

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 30, 2016, 03:10:07 PM

"The government of the UK is a total clusterfuck with a semi-autonomous parliament full of entitled rich pricks -- representing big money -- locked in a squabbling contest with a bunch of entitled rich pricks down south -- representing bigger money -- over who gets what share of the skim."

Yeah? Or should I do parenthesis on the asides? Or "The UK government" instead of "government of the UK"?

Personally, I think "The UK Government" rolls off the tongue better. But other than that, I think the way you've got it formatted there is fantastic.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Quote from: Faust on June 30, 2016, 11:36:25 AM

QuoteAfter a crunch EU summit in Brussels, Mr Kenny confirmed he had passed on the view of Nicola Sturgeon's Sottish National Party (SNP) that "Scotland had a very strong belief that they should not be dragged out of the European Union having voted to stay".

Scottish Ukip MEP David Coburn said Mr Kenny had acted as a "gofer" for the SNP and said he would be "better off ensuring the prosperity and democratic self-governance of the Irish people".
"Instead of acting as a trouble-making messenger boy for the SNP, Enda Kenny would be better off explaining to Ms Sturgeon that national democracy and EU membership are incompatible."

...said the UKIP MEP

:lulz:

Cain

That's pretty massive. 

If the backbenchers are feeling slighted or cannot unify around another candidate, this probably means Theresa May as Party leader.

I'm not entirley opposed to that outcome, in the sense that I thin Theresa May, along with Oliver Letwin and Stephen Crabb is one of the few actual adults in the Cabinet (Letwin's a tricky one...he's not obviously stupid, in fact he's quite a bright fellow in a few ways but sometimes you have to restate an idea in several different ways if it runs against his conventional wisdom, to stop him from automatically dismissing it).

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 30, 2016, 03:10:07 PM

Try "The Scottish government", though the "devolved parliaments" may be more accurate. Cain?

In other news, I'm having the giggles again. IF boris stays out, the likely winners are either Gove (Hilteresque) and May (Thatcher 2:Austerity boogaloo). Either way somewhere is getting the fuck bombed out of it within 6 months of the choice being made. I'm relatively certain that the US will have an urge shortly too with a new president. What better way to demonstrate your relevance to the world? Trump could go after anywhere, Clinton will probably look at the middle east, because fuck it, why not?

So the question for me is where is the next war happening? What will the UK soon give a fuck about to turn on the meat grinder again? ISIS would be an obvious pick, but there's still those 200 odd missing girls in Africa. That would be a quick way to play the "NOT RACIST" card. I can't see troops heading anywhere that would actually result in some stability so expect migration from fucked places to continue and possibly accelerate. Somewhere is getting bombed to fuck this time next year because of all this fuckery and posturing now, I can see it coming I just don't know where.

As always, taking bets now. Good odds on everywhere apart from anywhere Cain guesses.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on June 30, 2016, 11:36:25 AM

So, "National Democracy" is the new word.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 30, 2016, 05:36:22 PM
So, "National Democracy" is the new word.

It worked out super well for the Poles.

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 30, 2016, 04:49:53 PM
Try "The Scottish government", though the "devolved parliaments" may be more accurate. Cain?

In other news, I'm having the giggles again. IF boris stays out, the likely winners are either Gove (Hilteresque) and May (Thatcher 2:Austerity boogaloo). Either way somewhere is getting the fuck bombed out of it within 6 months of the choice being made. I'm relatively certain that the US will have an urge shortly too with a new president. What better way to demonstrate your relevance to the world? Trump could go after anywhere, Clinton will probably look at the middle east, because fuck it, why not?

So the question for me is where is the next war happening? What will the UK soon give a fuck about to turn on the meat grinder again? ISIS would be an obvious pick, but there's still those 200 odd missing girls in Africa. That would be a quick way to play the "NOT RACIST" card. I can't see troops heading anywhere that would actually result in some stability so expect migration from fucked places to continue and possibly accelerate. Somewhere is getting bombed to fuck this time next year because of all this fuckery and posturing now, I can see it coming I just don't know where.

As always, taking bets now. Good odds on everywhere apart from anywhere Cain guesses.

"Regional governments" would be another possibility.

With regards to military action, I'm not even sure we can afford it.

As you may know, I gave some evidence to Parliament about Force 2020, the five year plan for the military?  Well that meant doing research on the existing state of the military and quite frankly, it's shocking.

Now, this isn't just the blame of the Tory government, though they do deserve a significant portion of it.

Essentially, we spent the best part of a decade shoving UK troops in whatever firefight we saw fit.  After downsizing at the end of the Cold War.  So, supplies have run down.  We've also seen the biggest boom in the private military and arms sector over the same period, meaning more soldiers are going in, doing their 5 years of service and getting out.

So, after a decade of that, we then cut all military spending.  Meaning we used up most of our stocks, but then didn't allocate the money to upkeep and replacement.  We've been running on fumes the last couple of years, just to convince people we still actually exist, but that's just exacerbated the problem.  Without significant military spending, the UK is not in a good place at all.  And that means taxes going up, more government spending...basically two things the Tories hate and will never do.

The military brass are almost as pissed off as the police right about now, and when you consider the officer corps' natural political inclinations, that is pretty impressive.

Cain

Incidentally, there was a YouGov poll the other day asking who you'd prefer to seize power in the event the UK underwent a "significant period of political instability and turbulence".

The Queen, Parliament and the military were all options. 

YouGov is owned by Stephan Shakespeare.  Look him up, for fun.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

That too.  But since Poland was the closest thing to Nazi Germany that wasn't Nazi Germany at that time, the extra layer of irony is nice (also because it's Polish, and apparently we hate the Polish now).

QuoteThe main goal of the party was the construction of a Catholic Polish State, through combining the principles of Catholicism and Nationalism. The party advocated a hierarchical organisation of society and the transformation of the political system by increasing the role of the Polish National elite within the country. The SN organised numerous rallies and demonstrations against the policies of the Sanacja government.

QuoteSimultaneously the ND emphasized its anti-Semitic stance, intending to exclude Jews from Polish social and economic life and ultimately to push them to emigration out of Poland.[13] Antisemitic actions and incidents – boycotts, demonstrations, even attacks – organized or inspired by National Democrats occurred during the 1930s. The most notorious actions were taken by a splinter group of radical young former NDs who formed the fascist-inspired National Radical Camp (Obóz Narodowo-Radykalny)

QuoteThe organization proclaimed changes in the government based on the nationalist ideology.[2] It supported class solidarity, nationalization of foreign and Jewish-owned companies and introduction of anti-semitic laws.[2] At the same time it supported defense of private property and a centralized state. The party favored aggressive eliminationist[clarification needed] action against Poland's minorities.[5] The leading members of ONR-ABC included Henryk Rossman, Tadeusz Gluziński, Stanisław Piasecki, Jan Jodzewicz, Wojciech Zaleski, Tadeusz Todtleben and Jan Korolec. The leading members of ONR-Falanga included Bolesław Piasecki, Wojciech Wasiutyński, Wojciech Kwasieborski and Marian Reutt.

The ONR was popular mostly among the students and other groups of urban youth. ONR openly encouraged anti-Jewish pogroms, and became the main force in the organization of attacks against Jews.[7] Because of its involvement in boycott of Jewish-owned stores,[8] as well as numerous attacks on left-wing worker demonstrations,[9] the ONR was outlawed after three months of existence, in July 1934.[2] Several leaders were interned in the Bereza Kartuska Detention Camp, where the organization split into two separate factions: the ONR-Falanga (Ruch Narodowo-Radykalny) led by Bolesław Piasecki, and the ONR-ABC (Obóz Narodowo-Radykalny) formed around the ABC journal and led by Henryk Rossman.[2] Both organizations were officially illegal.[2]

MMIX

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/uk/angela-eagle-leadership-website-registered-days-resigned/
:horrormirth:

In just a week we've seen just over half our electorate stab  a poniard deep into the vitals of our body politic, Jeremy Corbyn 'Caesared' by his own treacherous "supporters", and now Gove and Boris in their own tragic reenactment of Romeo and Juliet, lots of love, lots of love, lots of love; oh look they are both dead. We truly are the country of Shakespeare.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 30, 2016, 06:44:00 PM
Incidentally, there was a YouGov poll the other day asking who you'd prefer to seize power in the event the UK underwent a "significant period of political instability and turbulence".

The Queen, Parliament and the military were all options. 

YouGov is owned by Stephan Shakespeare.  Look him up, for fun.

Do you have a link to that poll or the result? The idea of Parliament "seizing power" is making me laugh quite a bit. It's only moderated by the fact that a significant chunk of people would prefer a military coup.

The Daily Heil is backing May.

On the military front, I honestly doubt that being able to afford it or not will even factor into the decision. The UK has had no qualms shipping people out with inappropriate or substandard equipment over the years. Doing exactly that again while trying to deal with this EU fuckup sounds like just the kind of thing that the next PM will do.

Cain

Appears to have been scrubbed from the internet.

Unlike their previous poll, which found 44% of UKIP supporters said they would back a military coup.

And with the military, it may get to the point we wont even be able to ship people out.  Remember, no working aircraft carriers until 2020...meaning closer to 2025.  And they're planned to use F-35s...