News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Have some fun with this

Started by Cain, January 27, 2014, 02:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I'll consider offers on all theories not involving David Icke. 

QuoteIt is, according to the estate agents, "probably the most valuable plot of land with planning permission to come to the market for sale in Hampstead Village ... ever". The Regency-style house now being constructed will provide, behind its electric gates, a cinema, swimming pool and gymnasium and the future owner of this £7m property will be living, we learn, where Constable, and Keats, too, found inspiration.

What the estate agents do not mention is that on this very plot more than seven years ago a murder took place with links to the British government, Chairman Mao and George Bernard Shaw. A killing which was then followed by the first murder trial in Britain in which most of the evidence was heard in secret with the media barred from entering the court.

So it's Midsomer Murders meets State of Play, basically.

hirley0

Junkenstein

I've read that article twice and still have no idea what to make of this.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Random Probability

I read through it and spent an enormous amount of time researching (almost 5 whole minutes).

This could be a 'can't see the forest for the trees' sort of deal.  Wang Yam was obviously involved in whatever scam was going on which resulted in the geezer's murder.  He profited in some measure (people getting evicted can rarely afford vacations in the Alps), which is why he got arrested.  So no tears wasted on him being in prison.

However, I can only see two reasons why the trial would be in camera. 

First, and most obvious, would be the nature of the method by which incriminating evidence had been secured against him.  If the damning evidence came via GCHQ or even a foreign source, the government could make a very strong case for national security which a court would uphold.  Courts are funny like that.

A second theory, and a little more nebulous, would be something linked to Wang Yam's previous work with China's nuclear program and whatever deal he struck with the British government.  I can't see how that would have any direct bearing, but it might have something to do with why he was set up in the first place (MI-6 pissed over false information or the Chinese pissed at him for giving up the goods).

Either way, someone hung him out to dry and he was neck deep in it.  Deserved it.