News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

CDGASM

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 01, 2010, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 08, 2012, 02:39:55 PM
Hey, what did you think of the Dr John show?

Loved it. Dude actually got me to dance. Well, that was also partially to get the circulation back in my feet. One of the things that surprised me though is that he never addressed the audience. He went up there, played the songs with about 3 seconds of space in between, and then got off stage. Is that something that older musicians do?

At any rate, I'd only heard a little of his stuff before hand- it was more a matter of getting Nick out of the house and catching a guy who I might never get the chance to see live again, but I was sufficiently impressed and entertained to want to get his albums.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

You know, I didn't even notice he never spoke to the audience.  I have a feeling that's just his style -- He simply wants to play, make people have a good time, and not interrupt just to say, "HOWY'ALLDOIN'TONITEBOSTON?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 08, 2012, 03:02:07 PM
You know, I didn't even notice he never spoke to the audience.  I have a feeling that's just his style -- He simply wants to play, make people have a good time, and not interrupt just to say, "HOWY'ALLDOIN'TONITEBOSTON?"

He did look to be enjoying himself quite a bit. Makes me hopeful that I'll still be doing music in 41 years too.

Jesus, that's a weird thought right there... doing a show sometime in 2053.

Nephew Twiddleton

Bump.

If I'm not getting sex, I'm recording stuff. When I'm sober.

Don Coyote

Don Coyote

BUMP because discussion.

So Twid, what else is further needed?

I had the idea for mock adverts and military briefings, BUT I am shit at creative writing, especially if it supposed to emulate something very specific.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Wiley Quixote on January 15, 2013, 06:04:04 AM
BUMP because discussion.

I had the idea for mock adverts and military briefings, BUT I am shit at creative writing, especially if it supposed to emulate something very specific.

DAMN YOU FOR BEATING ME HERE.

Honestly, I really thing it's just a matter of my finishing a track or two and editting, and making sure all the permissions are still valid. Well, that and the radio show bits. And if people don;t want to further contribute, we can just bump again, or, failing that, get all of the PD musicians to form like, 4 permutations to cover it.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on January 15, 2013, 06:07:07 AM
Quote from: Wiley Quixote on January 15, 2013, 06:04:04 AM
BUMP because discussion.

DAMN YOU FOR BEATING ME HERE.

Honestly, I really thing it's just a matter of my finishing a track or two and editting, and making sure all the permissions are still valid. Well, that and the radio show bits. And if people don;t want to further contribute, we can just bump again, or, failing that, get all of the PD musicians to form like, 4 permutations to cover it.

Any ideas for the actual content for the radio show bits?

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm not exactly sure, but we'd also need advertisements for Discordicorp.

Nephew Twiddleton

Good call.

Thoughts on the DJ/Broadcaster/whatever?

Don Coyote

Someone who sounds like they haven't left the broadcast booth for a week and is running out of go pills feverishly trying to make sense of something while the world goes crazy around him?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Wiley Quixote on January 16, 2013, 05:55:52 AM
Someone who sounds like they haven't left the broadcast booth for a week and is running out of go pills feverishly trying to make sense of something while the world goes crazy around him?

Sounds perfect. Should it be an improv thing or scripted?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on January 16, 2013, 08:16:59 AM
Quote from: Wiley Quixote on January 16, 2013, 05:55:52 AM

Sounds perfect. Should it be an improv thing or scripted?

depends on who ends up being the dj?

Nephew Twiddleton

Hmmm. Well unless someone volunteers or we have someone in mind that we can ask i imagine it would be either you or me. He it deep up being me scripted would probably work best