OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Dubya on June 04, 2015, 03:29:16 AM
Good point. Now I owe the theater here an apology letter.

:argh!: :lulz:

Quote from: Reginald Ret on June 04, 2015, 07:15:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your dogs urethra.

:eek: :lulz:

That's very unfortunate Nigel. I hope it gets better soon  :sad:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Just got the exit interview call from HR.

They are continuing my pay and benefits until the end of the month.  They also managed to ask what my intentions were with respect to the hostile work environment.  I told them I have no intentions, so long as I'm not fucked with.

I gather that Lilly will not be formally disciplined for this, but is no longer being considered for being confirmed as plant manager.  This has the same general effect as an officer being passed over for promotion in the military.

Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

EK WAFFLR

"This has the same general effect as an officer being passed over for promotion in the military."

Seeing as the army didn't want me, what effect is that?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Don Coyote

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on June 04, 2015, 11:34:59 PM
"This has the same general effect as an officer being passed over for promotion in the military."

A stagnant career with pay that eventually caps to only adjust for inflation (barely).

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 04, 2015, 07:03:46 AM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 04, 2015, 05:15:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 04, 2015, 04:40:09 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck my dog is sick.

Oh no. :sad:

Yeah, I freaked out at first because my first thought, having just buried a dog last week, was "Maybe someone is poisoning my dogs". But it is very apparent that Nina has a UTI, which she is highly prone to by virtue of having been spayed too early (they will tell you it's never too early to spay or neuter: this is bullshit, don't have it done before they hit reproductive maturity if you have a choice) so she is absolutely miserable. I usually catch them early and am able to treat her before she gets to the complete horrifying misery peeing all over herself point, but apparently I've been too self-absorbed and now she is in actual pain. I don't think the over-the-counter medication is going to cut it and I have classes all day tomorrow so I am deciding which ones I can skip without fucking my grade over.

Poor dog.

Doktor Howl

What Coyote said, plus you are more or less driven out.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 05, 2015, 04:52:37 AM

What Coyote said, plus you are more or less driven out.

Shit or get off the pot only you're locked in the port-o-shitter.

Demolition Squid

Congrats Doc!

Sorry to hear Nigel (twice)  :sad:

Congrats? Cain!

Work has been kicking my ass lately, and looks set to keep doing so, but I enjoyed catching up a bit on the site today so I might make more of an effort to post again.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Q. G. Pennyworth

The stink in my room is apparently just wet floor, carpet, and padding. Which means I still need to finish hauling every single thing out of that room on my own because the husband is too sick to help, and we still need to pay for the new carpet and wait several days while the floor dries, but ALSO I get to look like a fucking shrill crazy bitch for thinking it was mold in the first place!

:horrormirth:

LMNO

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

POFP

This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

Ok, so pursuant to this conversation, I'm going to see about doing some streaming tonight, here.  Probably in an hour and a half or so, once I've drunk and eaten.

Mostly want to see if it will work or not.  If it works as it should, then there should be a chat where, if you're signed up, you can talk to me as I do stuff in real time.  Which would be nice.  Nicer than talking into a void when doing Youtube videos anyway.

Probably start off with some Mass Effect, but I might switch to Dishonored or Skyrim, depending on how it all goes.