News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Sacred Chao antics.

Started by CynicalCichilid, December 06, 2008, 02:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

is it me or is the chao's reflection in the wrong place? [shouldnt happen with a raytracer, right??]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Xooxe

Quote from: CynicalCichilid on December 08, 2008, 10:47:48 PM

That's looking good. Now to purge the plastic-like curtains of their specular shading?

CynicalCichilid

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 08, 2008, 11:11:23 PM
is it me or is the chao's reflection in the wrong place? [shouldnt happen with a raytracer, right??]

That's what I thought while it was rendering. I checked, it is in the right place. It's just the wonky angle I put the camera at which makes the distance between the chao and the floor deceiving.

Quote from: Xooxe on December 09, 2008, 06:57:54 AM
That's looking good. Now to purge the plastic-like curtains of their specular shading?

I know, I stupidly moved two lights really close to the chao for this render and forgot to compensate on the curtains texturing. I'm a little reticent about perfecting this scene because I have no idea how to import the new Kallisti embossed apple. I want to recreate the curtains with a higher resolution cloth sim so I may as well start from scratch.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: CynicalCichilid on December 08, 2008, 11:10:22 PM
thankyou, and nope.

Would you be interested in making anything for an Intermittens issue?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

CynicalCichilid

Quote from: Net on December 09, 2008, 07:25:46 PM
Would you be interested in making anything for an Intermittens issue?

I could do, it seems that I'm having a creative outburst right now which is unusual. I'm happy to create something random, or anything you guys request (within reasonable limits).

Here's my first test render with a totally new environment. The cloth isn't as ruffled up as I'd like it to be, but I got fed up of rerunning the cloth simulation after the tenth time. I forgot to rotate the floor 45 degrees and I finally sorted the specular on the curtains XooXe. Shame I forgot to texture it.

Finally, I can see what the embossed writing looks like reflecting the floor:

You can't see it in this render, but the apple leaf has rudimentary veins.  :D

Triple Zero

how about applying a vertically ridged bumpmap to the cloth? to make it sort of corduroy-looking?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

CynicalCichilid

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 12, 2008, 09:21:13 PM
how about applying a vertically ridged bumpmap to the cloth? to make it sort of corduroy-looking?

Cramulus

awesome! Can I get one in widescreen size for wallpaperish purposes?
Or will that take eleventybillion years to render?  :wink:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: CynicalCichilid on December 19, 2008, 01:11:52 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 12, 2008, 09:21:13 PM

:mittens:

I like this one a lot.

Triple Zero

yeah great job on the bumpmap!

CynicalCichilid

Quote from: Cramulus on December 19, 2008, 01:27:50 AM
awesome! Can I get one in widescreen size for wallpaperish purposes?
Or will that take eleventybillion years to render?  :wink:

I can leave it running for as long as it needs. What resolution do you want it in?

Cramulus

my monitor runs in glorious 1680 x 1050

bds

Quote from: Cramulus on December 19, 2008, 01:09:16 PM
my monitor runs in glorious 1680 x 1050

Uhm, can i put in a request for a 1024x768? Please?

And it looks really good, btw :)

CynicalCichilid

Here's two wallpapers: Cramulus Res - 1680x1050 & BDSimp Res - 1024x768.

It took 5 hours 35 minutes to draw, so not long then.   :)

Cramulus

700 x 437 pixels
hmmm... looks like imagechicken scaled that first one down a bit... :-(