News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

ITT: Best Posts of the Day

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2007, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Guru Quixote on June 12, 2012, 09:54:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 09:51:06 PM
Quote from: Guru Quixote on June 12, 2012, 09:49:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 09:42:41 PM
Quote from: Alty on June 12, 2012, 09:37:47 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 12, 2012, 09:32:44 PM
Quote from: Alty on June 12, 2012, 09:09:37 PM
I just want to say I do not understand how it's gotten this way with RWHN. I spent the last two years working for a company that systematically fucks every last one of you every single day and making A LOT of money* doing it.

Some of us work for companies that do the same. Companies that cause real and very serious harm to people all over the world. I refuse to believe that RWHN ALL BY HIS LITTLE SELF is destroying America's children. And I don't understand how you people are taking what mostly amounts to a theoretical discussion and turning a very thoughtful articulate person into some kind of comic book super villain. It's fucking stupid.

*a good deal of which was spent on drugs.

And Roger works for Big Oil.

The difference isn't in where you guys work, it's in whether you're on board. Mentally, emotionally, ethically. We all have to eat, and this world is a super fucked up place so sometimes we have to work for fucked up people if we want to be able to pay for groceries.

And I know (and said) that RWHN isn't singlehandedly eroding America's remaining freedoms. He's just a pawn in an army of bureaucratic go-government thinkalikes. I'd have to axe every single one of them to make a difference, and even then they'd just be replaced as fast as corporate money could fund them.

I didn't mean to say you did, I just had the hot-blood. Sorry.

Oh sure, I (we) aren't on board. Hell having to pretend left me with a social anxiety and general stomach problems. But I cant imagine uttering such a pithy excuse to the children who once lived in towns near cobalt mines. Economically were almost all monsters. Some more than others. But we've all got teeth.

Oh, yeah.  There's no denying that.  If you live in the top 5% of the world's population - wealth wise - and we all do, then you are enjoying the fruits of the labor of slaves.  There's no getting around that.  We all have Teeth With Which To Eat, and guess what's on the menu?

In a similar vein, if you enlist in the US military, you are not "protecting our freedoms", you are a corporate soldier.  That's been true for more than a century.  But what can you do?  Convict everyone who owns a smartphone?  Imprison everyone in uniform?  Jail everyone who votes for a warmongering president?  Walk out of the cities and starve to death on the road?

I said that in my Media Globalization class, and got lots of shocked looks and denials from almost everybody. :lulz:

Of course.  They RECYCLE!

Actually, none of them claimed that. They just denied that everything you can buy in the first world is made with a large portion of slave labor. But then again we did watch a documentary that showed the dark underbelly of recycling.

If people didn't deny to themselves how bad it is, they wouldn't be able to sleep at night or keep on buying buying buying. And that's how you end up turning into the crazy garden lady with solar panels and rainbarrels (if you have money) or that guy who lives in the residence hotel, lives on locally grown black beans and tortilla chips, and re-uses plastic bags for everything (if you don't have money).
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 12, 2012, 10:01:36 PM
I just want to say I do not understand how it's gotten this way with RWHN. I spent the last two years working for a company that systematically fucks every last one of you every single day and making A LOT of money* doing it.

Some of us work for companies that do the same. Companies that cause real and very serious harm to people all over the world. I refuse to believe that RWHN ALL BY HIS LITTLE SELF is destroying America's children. And I don't understand how you people are taking what mostly amounts to a theoretical discussion and turning a very thoughtful articulate person into some kind of comic book super villain. It's fucking stupid.

The difference isn't in where you guys work, it's in whether you're on board. Mentally, emotionally, ethically. We all have to eat, and this world is a super fucked up place so sometimes we have to work for fucked up people if we want to be able to pay for groceries.

And I know (and said) that RWHN isn't singlehandedly eroding America's remaining freedoms. He's just a pawn in an army of bureaucratic go-government thinkalikes. I'd have to axe every single one of them to make a difference, and even then they'd just be replaced as fast as corporate money could fund them.

Oh sure, I (we) aren't on board. Hell having to pretend left me with a social anxiety and general stomach problems. But I cant imagine uttering such a pithy excuse to the children who once lived in towns near cobalt mines. Economically were almost all monsters. Some more than others. But we've all got teeth.

Oh, yeah.  There's no denying that.  If you live in the top 5% of the world's population - wealth wise - and we all do, then you are enjoying the fruits of the labor of slaves.  There's no getting around that.  We all have Teeth With Which To Eat, and guess what's on the menu?

In a similar vein, if you enlist in the US military, you are not "protecting our freedoms", you are a corporate soldier.  That's been true for more than a century.  But what can you do?  Convict everyone who owns a smartphone?  Imprison everyone in uniform?  Jail everyone who votes for a warmongering president?  Walk out of the cities and starve to death on the road?

I predict that the last on the list is going to start happening.

I don't.  At least not voluntarily.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 10:12:03 PM

Trail of Tears? [/Alphonse Carr]
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 10:14:15 PM

The only way people will abandon the cities is by disaster or erosion of the infrastructure beyond 1880s technology.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

Or if they put the Mauls Malls Processing Facilities outside the cities.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 10:15:17 PM

The only way people will abandon the cities is by disaster or erosion of the infrastructure beyond 1880s technology.

I saw a doc once that said the whole Arizona-Nevada area, including Vegas, gets water from one source and it's running out.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on June 12, 2012, 10:19:11 PM

I saw a doc once that said the whole Arizona-Nevada area, including Vegas, gets water from one source and it's running out.

Yeah.

Tucson's doing okay, on account of two things:

1.  We have stopped growing, and

2.  We are a natural basin for rainwater.

Phoenix, though, is in deep doodoo.

Prince Glittersnatch III

From what I hear the opposite is happening, according to the DCDC 60% of the world population will live in Urban areas within the next 20 years.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on June 12, 2012, 10:23:31 PM
From what I hear the opposite is happening, according to the DCDC 60% of the world population will live in Urban areas within the next 20 years.

Sure.  That's where the jobs are.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 12, 2012, 08:58:41 PM
Wait... where did he say he wants to put kids in jail?  As far as I know, he has stated more than once that he believes kids should not get a prison record for drug offences... right?

Right.  But there is no place for nuance and pesky little things like details when there is a paradigm to uphold.

I am a bad man, obviously, because I care about having healthy communities for kids to grow up in.  I care about kids being armed with themselves as they take on The System and The Machine.  That makes me a despicable creature, of course. 

I'm not cut from the Correct Discordian Cloth!  This makes me abhorrent.

Y'all should probably just ban me, I might accidentally your WHOLE FAMILY in prison while you are sleeping.

Because I'm like, the spawn of Satan. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 13, 2012, 12:24:00 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 12, 2012, 08:58:41 PM
Wait... where did he say he wants to put kids in jail?  As far as I know, he has stated more than once that he believes kids should not get a prison record for drug offences... right?

Right.  But there is no place for nuance and pesky little things like details when there is a paradigm to uphold.

I am a bad man, obviously, because I care about having healthy communities for kids to grow up in.  I care about kids being armed with themselves as they take on The System and The Machine.  That makes me a despicable creature, of course. 

I'm not cut from the Correct Discordian Cloth!  This makes me abhorrent.

Y'all should probably just ban me, I might accidentally your WHOLE FAMILY in prison while you are sleeping.

Because I'm like, the spawn of Satan.

I NEED YOUR LOVING

I NEED YOUR REVENGE

YOU AND ME COULD WRITE A BAD BROMANCE

AFK

Just for that, I'm gonna have the DEA lock up your pooch too.  I fucking warned you asshat!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 13, 2012, 12:29:40 AM
Just for that, I'm gonna have the DEA lock up your pooch too.  I fucking warned you asshat!

Don't have a dog.  You can have the fucking cat, though.  Fucker is always getting into the booze.

AFK

But that's just how evil I am, I took the pooch you didn't even know you had.  And....I gave it a fucking PINK bow.  Hopefully it never drops the Milkbone.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 13, 2012, 12:37:23 AM
But that's just how evil I am, I took the pooch you didn't even know you had.  And....I gave it a fucking PINK bow.  Hopefully it never drops the Milkbone.

Hey, I'm just trying to give up the pussy, here.