News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Roger/Waffle pointlessly pushing iron up in the air thread (warning: geekery)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 26, 2014, 08:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on August 14, 2015, 01:30:46 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 13, 2015, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on August 13, 2015, 12:45:25 PM
Strained a muscle in my chest while doing military presses yesterday. And at the same time, my left arm started to hurt. Thought I was having an heart episode.  :lulz:

PR on box squats.  Althought that doesn't count.   :lulz:

All skvats count!

YOU VILL SQVAT!
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

Started a peak phase for competition in October.

Pulled a relatively easy 180kg (397 lbs) deadlift. I'm still in good shape. yay.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on August 27, 2015, 02:22:23 PM
Started a peak phase for competition in October.

Pulled a relatively easy 180kg (397 lbs) deadlift. I'm still in good shape. yay.

You're way ahead of me again.  Still at 325 LBS.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Well, the muscles in my right knee have recovered enough that I can do actual squats with no pain at all (except for the pain of, you know, doing squats).  Not much weight yet, but I can do 'em!

Then I promptly tweaked my lower right paraspinal muscles on 245 LB deadlifts.  Not injured, just sore.

It's worth noting that it was my 5th set of 5 deadlifts at that weight, which is a hell of an improvement over my previous working sets.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on September 03, 2015, 08:42:36 PM
Squats for the squats god!
Also muscle tweaks sucks.

It's better today.  Just stiff, not horrible spasms running up and down my back and leg.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Obviously, I broke form.  I was exhausted and overheated (no AC in the gym), and I let the bar drift away from my legs on the way up.
Molon Lube

The Good Reverend Roger

2XL shirts now bunch up all over the place.  3XL, here I come.

And the mustache died because it went BAD.  Crooked.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 18, 2015, 06:11:51 AM

You look TERRIFYING.

In a good way. Nice work, old man.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 18, 2015, 05:03:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 18, 2015, 06:11:51 AM

You look TERRIFYING.

In a good way. Nice work, old man.

Losing the fu manchu has apparently made me look FRIENDLIER.

The Good Reverend Roger

EK WAFFLR

[/b]