News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 08, 2014, 06:10:20 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 07, 2014, 11:45:23 PM
I have Windows 8 on a touchscreen laptop and I love it and have had zero problems at all.

Windows mobile for a cell phone, on the other hand, is a work of pure unmitigated evil.

How do you make it not the worst thing since Hitler? I fucking hate it.

Revert back to Windows 7?  :asshat:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

before Windows 8 I was using Vista. That may clear things up a bit.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Skipped from XP to 7, will be skipping 8 as well and hoping the trend continues. I've never even used Vista or 8.

EoC, no complaints about MS.   8)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 08, 2014, 10:25:57 PM
Skipped from XP to 7, will be skipping 8 as well and hoping the trend continues. I've never even used Vista or 8.

EoC, no complaints about MS.   8)

I skipped 7.

:tgrr:

I hate Microsoft with the fire of ten thousand suns.  I stay up an extra hour at night just to hate them more.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I've never used 8, and never will.

I did use Vista once, however. 

Suu

I never upgraded XP to service pack 3, then skipped to 7. If I could afford the Cult of Macintosh, I would, but I can't. I'm also too stupid for Linux.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Finally done my article on Libya.  Only three days overdue, but I certainly feel I understand the conflict better now.

Just gotta hyperlink it up and send it out.

Freeky

WINDOWS 8/8.1 IS SHIT.  You can't find and delete programs you don't want anymore except ones that it decides is okay for you to get rid of, the control panel doesn't, and I just hate it so much.

LMNO

I'd like to insert some snarky comment about being a lifetime Mac user, but that has epic fails all its own.

Cain

LMNO

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 04, 2014, 09:22:14 PM
To the wise ladies of PD:

We have a new co-worker. She is now one of two dispatchers that uses the Ladies room. She was working during first shift and left. When the girl on 2nd shift went to the bathroom a few hours later, she came out not knowing what the hell she should do - she saw what looked like a blood drop on the floor next to the toilet and a few blood streaks down the outside of the bowl.

She was not comfortable using the facility, not knowing anything about this new person and what kinds of wonderful diseases strangers could have. None of the dudes volunteered to clean it, and I am now gone.

Right now the plan is, when I get in tomorrow, to wait a half hour or so for the new hire to go on break, check to see if the blood is still there, and inform one of the supervisors that will be present of the situation. Do you feel like this is the least invasive method, and one which will avoid embarrassment or ill will?

I would prefer not to approach the new hire about it. Having spent the last week with her, she makes me a bit uneasy in her mannerisms and I would prefer to not have some completely off the wall accusation flown at me in the event my suspicions are correct.

lady probably uses a menstrual cup? an unwieldy removal is probably embarrassing enough, and IDK if you wanna be talking to someone about their san-pro preferences. Lady needs some antibac bathroom wipes in her purse, or you need em in in the cubicles. if you sit down for a long time sometimes they ride up and can be a little messy on removal.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 05, 2014, 10:08:07 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 05, 2014, 09:31:31 PM
The guy in the black pickup truck that's been honking at me for like two years now happened to be outside along my walk home today and introduced himself as such. He was genuinely surprised that his behavior was unwelcome. SO MUCH HATE.

Yay babies and puppies, boo bad things.

Why the hell would anyone think that honking at a strange woman for two years would be anything but CREEPY???

Hey, this kind of feeds into my current project- Make the zine I wrote the bit on OMF for an actual thing with more than that one submission... Q.G do you mind if I use that quote? You too, Nigel!