another sign the machine is rotting

Started by LHX, December 10, 2005, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHXi dont know if it is positive thinking

but
like i said before

any end is a good end

Now, you're just being hopelessly optimistic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

but
like i said before

any end is a good end

Now, you're just being hopelessly optimistic.

contrasted with my other understanding that the world wont end
but instead
it will drag on and on

from what i can see tho
this planet is still there without the machine
but
does no machine = no people?
neat hell

The seer

but
like i said before

any end is a good end
Weishaupt and his cronies believed something similar.

There is what is said and what is done
And what is done shall reveal what is felt.
And just as the bitter heart finds no joy
So to does the bitter leader create no joyous followers

doubtless incident

once there's no machine, the people will demand that there be a new machine.
TIMMYYYYY!!!!!!

The seer

Quote from: doubtless incidentonce there's no machine, the people will demand that there be a new machine.

That is the correct response.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: doubtless incidentonce there's no machine, the people will demand that there be a new machine.

Well, except that as long as there are people, the machine will exist.

Period.

TGRR,
Fights anyway, cause chicks DIG the Quixotic shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Well, except that as long as there are people, the machine will exist.

Period.

TGRR,

they do dont they

LHX - understands some (many) women have a no-dough fetish
neat hell

Baron Von Stevenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerWell, except that as long as there are people, the machine will exist.
Period.
TGRR,

i learned another new word.

but id have to disagrea. they say they dig that stuff, but then they go for the guy with the sports car.
Floppy-ear'd Order of the Cthulhu
(\ /)
(0.o)
(>D)>=I====>

LHX

Quote from: Ignotum per Ignotius
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerWell, except that as long as there are people, the machine will exist.
Period.
TGRR,

i learned another new word.

but id have to disagrea. they say they dig that stuff, but then they go for the guy with the sports car.

unless theyre hungry and he aint around

five 2s = one 10
neat hell

neongenesis816

Quote from: LHXthe machine relies on being able to control people

the machine is driving people insane thru entertainment and drugs (of all sorts - mental / physical)

insane people cannot be controlled

thus
the machine contributes to its demise
and
the demise of the machine is imminent

and messy

People are not becoming insane, they are being trained to act in certain ways.  These ways may seem irrational to u, but they support an upper/elitist class that still does very much control you, and your interests, for reasons of their own interest.  If you really cared you'd stop using the internet/tv/radio ("The medium is the message.").  It's use is the primary point of damage, not how you use it (content being secondary to context).

There is no demise.  All concepts of starting, beginning, and process, and all the various forms of these concepts, are subject to relativism.  The end of one tyranny (capital systems that create slaves of it's consumers, producers, and administrators) is the beginning of another.  To draw lines of distinction is only so useful, and to say that ur lines of distinction (or to even imply it through the power of "to be" verbs (ie, is, will be,)) is meaningless to me.

The demise of nothing "is" immenent, unless of course you want to look at it that way.

Schizzy

The dynamics of the Machine(tm) are a lot like the dynamics of theocracy; Heaven for the elite, purgatory for the middle class, and Hell for some.  These dynamics are probably only going to become more extreme as we develop more high technology like nanobots that are implanted in our brains to think for us and pop tarts that digest themselves.  I think one of the ideals of the Machine(c) is to create a real matrix Zion that is actually purely mechanical and supports itself, therefore needs no middle and lower class servants, and easily controls people with Big Brother surveilance, or even mind control.  Some of what I just said is not such a bad idea in theory, but neither was communism.  It would be kinda cool to live in a world of servile machina, or could be hell.  Maybe I'll be the next George Orwell.

LHX

Quote from: neongenesis816
Quote from: LHXthe machine relies on being able to control people

the machine is driving people insane thru entertainment and drugs (of all sorts - mental / physical)

insane people cannot be controlled

thus
the machine contributes to its demise
and
the demise of the machine is imminent

and messy

People are not becoming insane, they are being trained to act in certain ways.  These ways may seem irrational to u, but they support an upper/elitist class that still does very much control you, and your interests, for reasons of their own interest.  If you really cared you'd stop using the gloryhole/tv/radio ("The medium is the message.").  It's use is the primary point of damage, not how you use it (content being secondary to context).

There is no demise.  All concepts of starting, beginning, and process, and all the various forms of these concepts, are subject to relativism.  The end of one tyranny (capital systems that create slaves of it's consumers, producers, and administrators) is the beginning of another.  To draw lines of distinction is only so useful, and to say that ur lines of distinction (or to even imply it through the power of "to be" verbs (ie, is, will be,)) is meaningless to me.

The demise of nothing "is" immenent, unless of course you want to look at it that way.

all i know is this:

there is no way of predicting or controlling what a man will do when he is under pressure that goes beyond his breaking point
and
there is no way of determining exactly what a mans breaking point is

ultimately
people cant be controlled OR trained

you can get them to submit to an unreasonable situation for a while
but
when the people start breaking
your ass is finished

'mental illness' is the proof in the pudding
and that shit is not declining
also
the drugs arent working

if the medium is the message
then
what do flash movies
portable video game consoles
and internet forums represent?

mcluhan wrote a lot of other stuff
neat hell

Schizzy

Where would I be without mental illness and insanity?  Bored witless.  That's where I'd be.  I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder myself.  Ironic thing is, I've become a lot more sane and mentally peaceful than many people who live like there's nothing wrong.  Besides, being schizoid is actually kind of a normal reaction to what goes on in the world.  Same thing with bipolar and most of those "mental disorders".  The Machine will never be free of chaos, so it might as well accept it.  Thus, the grim order of a gray machine world becomes alchemized into peace, love, and hippy lettuce.

Schizzy,
the next Terminator

neongenesis816

Quoteif the medium is the message
then
what do flash movies
portable video game consoles
and gloryhole forums represent?

Mindless brain numbing devices?  Tools of further "isolation?"  Sexual repression forcing individuals to seek out behavior they see as deviant?

Or they represent some strange will of the collective unconcious of man.  Their message is not an immediately recognizable thing, that is like saying you understand a dream immediately.  Unconcious material is being presented, and I have yet to see things for what they are.

LHX

or they represent faster access to the collective imgination where all previous notions of 'truth' are put to question

tools of isolation?
or the real communication we all been looking for?

repression or expression?

if you dont understand a dream immediately then become familiar with dreams
neat hell