News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

the triumph of maybe logic (?)

Started by LHX, December 22, 2005, 03:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: erotic[playing nice]

Farts, you seem to be missing the point of maybe logic and e-prime.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/eprime.htm

http://www.maybelogic.org/academy2.htm

[/playing nice]

Oh, I know about.  I think it's a hoot and much better than the language that we've grown for ourselves to this point.  I just don't think it makes much difference either way.

Will we have E-prime versions of Finnegans Wake?  That's what I need to know.
...un homard est-il plus ridicule qu'un chien, qu'un chat, qu'une gazelle, qu'un lion ou toute autre bête dont on se fait suivre ? J'ai le goût des homards, qui sont tranquilles, sérieux, savent les secrets de la mer, n'aboient pas... -- Gérard de Nerval

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco," which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. -- Norton I

hooplala

Forcing poetry through E-Prime is missing the point, IMO.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: Baron von HooplaForcing poetry through E-Prime is missing the point, IMO.

I appear to never have said it appeared as what I consider the point most likely was to me.
...un homard est-il plus ridicule qu'un chien, qu'un chat, qu'une gazelle, qu'un lion ou toute autre bête dont on se fait suivre ? J'ai le goût des homards, qui sont tranquilles, sérieux, savent les secrets de la mer, n'aboient pas... -- Gérard de Nerval

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco," which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. -- Norton I

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: Jean-Paul FartreI just don't think it makes much difference either way.

Why not?

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: erotic
Quote from: Jean-Paul FartreI just don't think it makes much difference either way.

Why not?
What were we talking about?
or
What was the subject of the apparent previous conversation that we seemed to particpate in?

LMNO

Quote from: Jean-Paul Fartre

Why not?
or
What was the subject of the apparent previous conversation that we seemed to particpate in?

You were just about to explain why e-prime and maybe logic didn't seem ultimately that important, in your opinion.

Jean-Paul Fartre

Why not?
or

You were just about to explain why e-prime and maybe logic didn't seem ultimately that important, in your opinion.

I mean, ultimately, I'm gonna die either way.

That really sucks, man.

LMNO

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: erotic::holds tongue for 33 posts::

Brilliant!

Brilliant!

That means 'prepare yourself.'

Z¬? - knows whats coming.

Jean-Paul Fartre

Quote from: Z¬?

Brilliant!

That means 'prepare yourself.'

Z¬? - knows whats coming.

You mean get some breakfast?

hooplala

And an umbrella.

BVH
-also knows what's coming.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jean-Paul Fartre

It's the human condition, isn't it?

Rev Thwack

30 posts left.

*grabs a bucket of popcorn*
My balls itch...