News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

On chapter 5 of Fat Ernie's.  It's not remotely the same as the original idea for the comic. 

It's also pulled a Little Orange II on me.  I had intended a series of 2500 word short stories, and instead I'm at page 10 and still going.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2015, 08:36:17 PM
On chapter 5 of Fat Ernie's.  It's not remotely the same as the original idea for the comic. 

It's also pulled a Little Orange II on me.  I had intended a series of 2500 word short stories, and instead I'm at page 10 and still going.
Awesome!

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2015, 07:14:01 PM

In other news, I may have finally found a company to come and upgrade my computer for me, rather than me have to go to them (harder than it sounds).  Assuming it all checks out tomorrow, once it's done and my current training bullshit is over, inbetween dissertation writing I'm going to start making regular videos again.
Also Awesome!

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2015, 07:14:01 PM
Hey PD, what do you call a blind German?

A Not See.

I hate you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 31, 2015, 08:45:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 31, 2015, 08:36:17 PM

Awesome!

Now at chapter 8.  I have officially squicked myself out.
Molon Lube

axod

just this

Cain

I have a lot more terrible Nazi puns.  Many.  If I told my Nazi puns back to back, I would have a comedy sketch that would last for a thousand years.

In other news, the diet seems to be working.  And by seems to be, I mean 12 pounds lost in 12 days.

LMNO

Cain

Calorie controlled diet.  Just enough to make the body dip into the fat reserves, without so little that the body goes into preservation mode and conserves everything you eat.  Oh, and virtually no carbs.

Mostly it adds up to eating a lot of soups, drinking a lot of water, and feeling a little shitty for the first few days.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2015, 12:49:48 PM
Calorie controlled diet.  Just enough to make the body dip into the fat reserves, without so little that the body goes into preservation mode and conserves everything you eat.  Oh, and virtually no carbs.

Mostly it adds up to eating a lot of soups, drinking a lot of water, and feeling a little shitty for the first few days.

Unless you feel like eschewing carbs for a lifetime you could try the 5:2. The change from carbs/starving days is supposed to surprise your system into greater weight loss. I can vouch for it to the tune of well over 2 stone painlessly. Also Miso soup, it rocks and is virtually calorie free, 30 calories a portion. Also good luck with your new eating plan.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Well, this plan is only for a few months anyway.  It's basically to slim down from all the crap I ate while studying/working overtime, then getting back into the swing of things for exercise and similar.

Though I may well try that once off this, to help maintain.

In other news, graphic card install delayed.  Apparently need a bigger power supply.  Now off to research exactly what I need....

President Television

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2015, 11:33:48 AM
I have a lot more terrible Nazi puns.  Many.  If I told my Nazi puns back to back, I would have a comedy sketch that would last for a thousand years.

I see what you did there.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

What did the SS soldier say to his mother as he pushed a political dissident off a cliff? "Look mother, no Hans!"

Why don't Jewish cannibals like eating Germans?  They give them gas.

What do you call an upset Nazi?  A sauerkraut.

What is Hitler's least favourite planet?  Jew-piter.

Why didn't Eva Braun give Hitler a blowjob?  He always left a Nazi taste in her mouth.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2015, 08:44:46 PM
What did the SS soldier say to his mother as he pushed a political dissident off a cliff? "Look mother, no Hans!"

Why didn't Eva Braun give Hitler a blowjob?  He always left a Nazi taste in her mouth.

Jesus Christ I hate you more than anyone has ever hated anything.  :horrormirth:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2015, 08:44:46 PM

:nopunsplease: :hm:

I mean do you nazi the signage?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

rong

what's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

the holocaust
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

axod

just this