News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Sandwich Argument

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 11, 2015, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And cake. Cake is clearly a sandwich.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 10:42:07 PM

One of the great secrets of my paternal cultural heritage has already hit FB and so I might as well say it here.

Lasagna is really just spaghetti flavored cake.  :fnord:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 10:42:07 PM

When I was just a little girl, back in the infantry, we would occasionally get hot food brought out to us.  It was kind of a sick joke, because there was never TIME to go through a chow line, eat your food, whatever.

So what we'd do is make a commando sammich.

2 slices of bread.
Put lasagna or whatever the main meal was on the bread.
Put side on top of main meal.
Put salad on top of side.
Put desert on top of salad.
Put other slice of bread on top.
Smash down.
Eat.
Flip the bird at the outraged cooks whinging about how you insulted their culinary skills in such a manner.
Go back to walking in circles in a swamp.
Molon Lube

Cain

Pretty sure cake is a kind of pie.

Ergo, sandwiches are pies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2015, 02:01:29 AM
Pretty sure cake is a kind of pie.

Ergo, sandwiches are pies.

Pie requires a crust. Cake lacks a crust, and is typically smeared with frosting. Ergo, cake is a sandwich.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I decided to end the great pie/cake debate by defining it away.

A pie is a cake is a burger is a sandwich is...something.  Problem solved.

Apart from what colour the picture of it is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2015, 03:08:54 AM

EXACTLY.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Sandwiches are an illusion. Except for tuna melts. I think we all know why.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

President Television

Even so, pie is still superior to cake.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Chelagoras The Boulder

What if I'M a sandwich? WHAT IF WE'RE ALL SANDWICHES!?!
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Meunster

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 14, 2015, 05:15:37 AM

I think of myself to be more of a burrito
Poe's law ;)

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on September 14, 2015, 08:05:58 PM

You, good sir, are a slice of ham between two bits of plastic cheese.

Meunster

Quote from: Cain on September 14, 2015, 08:10:15 PM
Quote from: Meunster on September 14, 2015, 08:05:58 PM

You, good sir, are a slice of ham between two bits of plastic cheese.

that gave me an idea.
Burrito wraps, made of cheese.
Sending in my patent now.
Poe's law ;)

Freeky

Quote from: President Television on September 14, 2015, 04:55:53 AM

Even so, pie is still superior to cake.

Piecake, bitches.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I'd define a typical sandwich as a stack of food items - and/or items which a sufficiently drunk person might reasonably try to ingest (but no others) - shaped either like a tall or wide prism and starting with a slice of bread on the bottom and ending with a slice of bread on top or shaped like a long cylinder with a piece of (usually partly cut) bread on bottom and fillings on top. Rarely there may be non-standard combinations of these attributes, such as the hamburger, which is a wide cylinder with either two terminal pieces of bread or occasionally one partly sliced piece of bread or the open faced club, which is a wide or tall prism with only one piece of bread. The bread must in most cases be leavened. It should be reasonably be able to stay together if set down; either on it's own or with the aid of non-poisonous structural support items. Any sauces added should not be of such quality and quantity to disintegrate the bread without additional stimulus. Long cylindrical sandwiches may face additional restrictions.

This definition still suffers from a Loki's Wager issue in regards to deviation from proper shape but otherwise seems pretty solid to me
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago