News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

The death of the brain; the re-birth of the soul

Started by BootyBay, June 08, 2008, 06:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BootyBay

Ever notice how people don't wanna hear from people who have at least some of the answers (more or less) but will practically worship someone who's full of shit?
Examples: televangelists, popular politicians, game show hosts..
It's like the same people who demand truth and justice also long for comfort and value that over the truth they pretend to love so much.
I say to them: Why lie to yourselves?  It's lying to say, "2+2 is 5, I am right and you are not because I own a car, a house and health insurance."
I know why.  It is because you are scared to think for yourselves.
But I'm not the kind of guy to casually toss that around.
So, why are you the kind of person to rub it in over your financial success (as if blind luck had nothing to do with it) , as if my lack there-of is evidence of not only "loser-dom," but also a sort of evil that threatens your precious suburban all-white community?
Then you are the ones telling me to go to church and sell my soul to the pastor (if that's not what it is, please tell me explicitly what is wrong with my ascertion).
This is hypocritical.  Perhaps being inconsistent and oblivious are qualifications for success.  Perhaps being sociopathic is a necessary condition for climbing the social ladder all the way to the top.
Or is there a leader who *isn't* full of shit?
I hope there is!
Anyways...
I'm kinda worried about this trend in reducing a person's humanity to symptoms, illnesses and conditions.
It's like: how are we any better than animals if all we are is "thought chemicals?"
You see, though, people are obsessed with science (even though they don't understand it).
It's the be-all and end-all of every discussion
Every realm of thought
and it's killing our spirits
Notice judgements passed on "inferior" people?
"Kleptomaniac, sociopath (I'm guilty, too), psycho, etc."
They stem from psychology.
We have popular culture reduced to steaming piles and humanities once again taking a back seat to math/science, which is only useful for people who got a jump start in those areas early on (or have showed affinity to them at a later juncture).
So, what's the story here?  How can we, on the one hand, accept moral responsibility for our actions, and on the other, blame it all on chemicals?
It's a 2+2=5 standard
(in that they're both true at once and are both at odds w/ each other)
People have literally gotten away with murder because they were high on drugs
Say you are schizophrenic and kill somebody.
Even then, you will end up in a psyche ward for the rest of your life (even though, by definition, you are sometimes insane)
Another double-standard:  you have $, you have justice.
Why is it that we place a high monetary value on something as simple and human as justice?
It's the pinnacle of cynicism!
And yet, the same people who argue against cynicism (in it's practical application as a tool for dismantling bullshit) also praise our market system for such great ideas as providing exact answers to questions like: "What is a human life worth?"
Why do we still believe the lies?  Because we are weaker than they are?  Or because we are conditioned to? (Or both?)
I do know this:  there is a revolution coming.  Probably a revolution of ideas more than a revolution of armed struggle against the middle class.  And this revolution is not anything new (like global warming is supposed to be).  It's happened countless times throughout history.  Most notably, the Renissance.  It will be a dark time, for awhile, as old paradigms are shattered and those threatened by the obliteration of their dominion will show their true colors - in other words, a lot of familiar characters will turn ugly.  But it will be liberating.
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BootyBay

There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

BADGE OF HONOR

This is not an IM.  I guarantee nobody here will read your stuff when you do shit like that.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BootyBay

Daruko

Kurt Christ

Quote from: daruko on June 08, 2008, 07:17:35 AM
tl;dr   :|
I regret reading this post.

Also, what is with your certainty of a revolution? It seems to be foundationless optimism.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)