News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

If I were an actual evildoer...

Started by ataraxia, October 08, 2005, 03:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Your attempt to run several long time posters off the board, you mean?

Pot calling Kettle.

Cain

Quote from: The DoctorI'm curious as to why this is a big deal.

Just this week, I have seen some long-term posters here attack a "n00b" for not being up to board standards. How is that different from the n00b's assessment?

Nobody here seems to like what anyone else has to say here, new or old. But it doesn't seem to be worth fighting over.

Um, its like me telling Hugh, Verthaine and Bella to basically bugger off from the forums.  These people are great contributers, and continue to be.  The only n00bs I have attacked are the ones who seem to have swallowed the PD and are not actually doing anything but regurgiatating it everywhere.  There was a reason I left it in a Church, you know.  And it wasnt just for fun.

The Doctor

Quote from: The Doctor

Just this week, I have seen some long-term posters here attack a "n00b" for not being up to board standards. How is that different from the n00b's assessment?

Nobody here seems to like what anyone else has to say here, new or old. But it doesn't seem to be worth fighting over.

1.  Because we didn't try to force the n00bs to leave the board?

2.  Welcome to Chaos.  Fucko.  :lol:

That's not entirely true. You seem to take pride in making a n00b feel out of place here, and trade amusing pictures and congratulatory remarks (like those "Owned" pictures") when a n00b leaves the board. It does look very like you are playing a game of 'run the n00bs off the board.' If that isn't what you're doing, then I apologise for the misconception, but it certainly looks that way.

2. Thank you for the welcome.
Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Your attempt to run several long time posters off the board, you mean?

Pot calling Kettle.

Link?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

She just likes to say that, she doesn't actually know what it means.

The Good Reverend Roger

1.  Because we didn't try to force the n00bs to leave the board?

2.  Welcome to Chaos.  Fucko.  :lol:

That's not entirely true. You seem to take pride in making a n00b feel out of place here, and trade amusing pictures and congratulatory remarks (like those "Owned" pictures") when a n00b leaves the board. It does look very like you are playing a game of 'run the n00bs off the board.' If that isn't what you're doing, then I apologise for the misconception, but it certainly looks that way.

2. Thank you for the welcome.

1.  Which n00bs have I run off?  Fucking with someone != intending to drive them off.  Please see rant #9.  

2.  You're welcome.  Now, KYSFTB.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from:  She just likes to say that, she doesn't actually know what it means.

Naw.  She's just projecting, again.

ataraxia

Quote from: Cain
Quote from: ataraxia
Quote from: CainRegardless of the "Eric" status, I think you deserve shit for telling other posters that they should or shouldnt leave when they have been long-term posters on this site.  Not only that, but making some damn good contributions at the same time.  That sort of behaviour is better off at pd.org.
I do regret pissing you off, Cain. And in my original, I did say I would leave if it became obvious that it was the thing to do. After all, I have no desire to hang around when the general consensus is that I'm not wanted. I'm still waiting for a few more people to weigh in right now.

And rest assured that if/when I do leave, I will announce it, so that everyone can stop trying to beat me up.

Thats nice.  Still doesnt change the fact that you tried to push decent, exceedingly well contributing posters from the board.
I just decided that the named individuals were making a net negative contribution to the place, that's all. You know that there are quite a few people who hide out until they log out, so they don't have to exchange posts with them? (And no, I'm not going to provide a quote, since it was in a PM.)

And all the "board nazi" accusations don't take into effect that I'm asking for help - not ramming it down your throat, not trying to prevent the named individuals from posting.
Lossage, sausage, whatever.
http://scoriens.andrew.cmu.edu/

The Doctor

They don't all announce it when they go, Roger, but look around. Isn't the board population just a bit smaller than it was at the beginning of the week?

At the beginning of the month?
Priest, Church of Eris

-
Support A Cure For Ribbons!

Funny little human brains, how do you get around in them?

The Good Reverend Roger

I just decided that the named individuals were making a net negative contribution to the place, that's all.

So, based on YOUR opinion, long-time users should be driven off?

How very George Bush of you, you fucking retard.

Quote from: CainRegardless of the "Eric" status, I think you deserve shit for telling other posters that they should or shouldnt leave when they have been long-term posters on this site.  Not only that, but making some damn good contributions at the same time.  That sort of behaviour is better off at pd.org.
I do regret pissing you off, Cain. And in my original, I did say I would leave if it became obvious that it was the thing to do. After all, I have no desire to hang around when the general consensus is that I'm not wanted. I'm still waiting for a few more people to weigh in right now.

And rest assured that if/when I do leave, I will announce it, so that everyone can stop trying to beat me up.

Thats nice.  Still doesnt change the fact that you tried to push decent, exceedingly well contributing posters from the board.
I just decided that the named individuals were making a net negative contribution to the place, that's all. You know that there are quite a few people who hide out until they log out, so they don't have to exchange posts with them? (And no, I'm not going to provide a quote, since it was in a PM.)

And all the "board nazi" accusations don't take into effect that I'm asking for help - not ramming it down your throat, not trying to prevent the named individuals from posting.

WAYSA?

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The DoctorI'm curious as to why this is a big deal.

Um, its like me telling Hugh, Verthaine and Bella to basically bugger off from the forums.  These people are great contributers, and continue to be.  The only n00bs I have attacked are the ones who seem to have swallowed the PD and are not actually doing anything but regurgiatating it everywhere.  There was a reason I left it in a Church, you know.  And it wasnt just for fun.
Another reason you weren;t on the list.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The DoctorThey don't all announce it when they go, Roger, but look around. Isn't the board population just a bit smaller than it was at the beginning of the week?

At the beginning of the month?

This board currently has more active users than it has EVER had.

People come and go, and board populations grow and shrink...for example, Poib, one of the founders, left almost 2 years ago.  Was HE driven off?

You are implying cause where there is no effect.

DURRRRRRRRRP! Durrpa durrpa dooo! Durrpa durpa-dumb!
\

Cain

You were asking for help in ignoring these posters in an attempt to drive them off, because, as Fn0rdie said "a boycott doesnt work with 3 people".