News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Fried Brain Sandwich

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 20, 2008, 10:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Here's a little local recipe for ya.

1  lb    Pork brains (used to be beef brains, but they are almost impossible to get due to mad cow disease)
1      Egg, beaten    
1/2  c    Flour    
1/2  ts    Baking powder    
Salt to taste    
Pepper to taste

Soak brains in salt water a short time.
Cover with clear water and remove membrane.
Drain; beat in other ingredients with spoon. If too thin, add a small amount of flour; if too thick, add small amount of milk.
Fry on griddle until well done, turning once.
Serve on buns, of course.

Should be served with a side of squirrel burgoo and a bottle of Double Cola.  Followed by a fried candy bar for dessert. 

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Richter

What Hannibal Lechter makes at NASCAR events, ITT.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Here's your brain.
Here's your brain on toast.
Any questions?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My friend Zach (Who was here briefly but alas, did not stay) mailed me a tin of pork brains when he was in school in North Carolina. On the tin, it suggests that they be served with scrambled eggs, on toast.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Nigel on February 20, 2008, 03:59:32 PM
My friend Zach (Who was here briefly but alas, did not stay) mailed me a tin of pork brains when he was in school in North Carolina. On the tin, it suggests that they be served with scrambled eggs, on toast.
My wife's 90 year old cousin does that a lot.  He gets the fresh stuff too since he raises his own cattle.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I suspect that, like most flesh, brains are delicious when fresh... there's just something about CANNED BRAINS that says "hork".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

my ex's parents used to eat that "potted pork brains in milk gravy" crap in the can.
HORK indeed.

Jasper

Eve

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Nast

Hmmm... even though I've never had brains before, I'd imagine them to be damn heavy.

Do you think that they would be good prepared just fried in olive oil with lemon and garlic?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jasper

Enough lemon and garlic can make anything edible.

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Richter

They're actually a great thing to eat if you're hunting to survive, being all fat, protein and salts. 
Just avoid the brains of any primates, getting kuru sucks. 

Agreed w/ Dr. F., garlic + lemon.  I think this was Lechter's method.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on February 21, 2008, 05:33:57 AMHmmm... even though I've never had brains before, I'd imagine them to be damn heavy.

Do you think that they would be good prepared just fried in olive oil with lemon and garlic?

i imagine them to taste a bit like liver, so i guess fried with some onion rings and red wine/balsamico/flour sauce would do the trick.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i would think they'd be like sweetbreads?