News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

OUT OF MY CUB SCOUTS, FAG!

Started by Adios, October 20, 2010, 05:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 20, 2010, 09:50:26 PM
Ahem. There are religious gay people. Seriously. Google it.

:lulz:

I actually don't understand the gay Christians. Well, the ones that are associating with gay = bad Christians.. I just don't get why a gay person would want to associate with a religion that discriminates against them, condemns them to hell and generally are a bunch of bigoted assholes. Unitarians, sure... but Catholics? Baptists?

I support their right to associate with them... I just don't understand WHY they would want to.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 20, 2010, 09:54:08 PM

Not according to Orrin Hatch.

"Gays don't go to church.  Politics is their religion."
- Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), June 6th, 2010.

NOW GO ASK SOMEONE WITH A REAL INTELLIGENCE.

Orrin Hatch....shudder

Adios

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 20, 2010, 09:55:10 PM

I actually don't understand the gay Christians. Well, the ones that are associating with gay = bad Christians.. I just don't get why a gay person would want to associate with a religion that discriminates against them, condemns them to hell and generally are a bunch of bigoted assholes. Unitarians, sure... but Catholics? Baptists?

I support their right to associate with them... I just don't understand WHY they would want to.

So, cocksuckers can't believe in god? Sodom and that other city I can't spell wasn't just about gays.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 20, 2010, 09:56:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 20, 2010, 09:54:08 PM

Not according to Orrin Hatch.

"Gays don't go to church.  Politics is their religion."
- Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), June 6th, 2010.

NOW GO ASK SOMEONE WITH A REAL INTELLIGENCE.

Orrin Hatch....shudder

He and Rep Butters are the reason we dug that big ditch between the two states.  They keep upsetting our Gays.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 20, 2010, 09:57:16 PM

So, cocksuckers can't believe in god? Sodom and that other city I can't spell wasn't just about gays.

That's not what I said at all.

I said I don't understand why they would want to associate with the christian groups that preach an anti-gay view.

The Bible was written by homophobic tribal people... its not an all inclusive message (though some religions have tried to fix that). I just don't understand the cognitive dissonance that seems to be necessary to accept "The Bible is True... except the bits that condemns my relationship with the person I love". I would think that experiencing the life of a gay person would be enough to expose the ignorance that was rife among the Bible Writers. Once that's obvious, why worry about the other BS they spouted?

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 20, 2010, 10:05:03 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on October 20, 2010, 09:57:16 PM

That's not what I said at all.

I said I don't understand why they would want to associate with the christian groups that preach an anti-gay view.

The Bible was written by homophobic tribal people... its not an all inclusive message (though some religions have tried to fix that). I just don't understand the cognitive dissonance that seems to be necessary to accept "The Bible is True... except the bits that condemns my relationship with the person I love". I would think that experiencing the life of a gay person would be enough to expose the ignorance that was rife among the Bible Writers. Once that's obvious, why worry about the other BS they spouted?

Pretty much every Christian has a similar kind of cognitive dissonance

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Juana

The gay Christians I know either ignore it all, point out that shit gets mistranslated, or point to Sodom and Gomorrah as a hospitality/thou shalt not rape story.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on October 20, 2010, 10:15:47 PM

Any opinions on Jews or Blacks, since we're stereotyping?
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hover Cat on October 20, 2010, 10:18:38 PM

The gay Christians I know either ignore it all, point out that shit gets mistranslated, or point to Sodom and Gomorrah as a hospitality/thou shalt not rape story.

So just like any other cognitive dissonance... 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 20, 2010, 10:05:03 PM

The non-gay Christians use just as much cognitive dissonance in order to make their brand of Christianity to strictly follow some parts of the Bible but not other parts.

Also, there's a lot of different flavours of christianity out there.

Especially among the christian student communities here, being gay is not that much of an issue. Mostly. Except when it is.

Hm now that I think of it, I think the best explanation is that they were just raised Christian-lite, by parents that may be Christian, but generally were rather tolerant. Then, as they grew up, they never bothered to make up their own minds about their worldview and stuck with whatever religion they grew up in.

I would share your wonder about people being raised agnostic or atheist, find out they're gay, and then choose to become Christian. You need some serious cognitive dissonance to come up with that. But still, serious cognitive dissonance is what us monkeys are good at so I wouldn't put it past us.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
Because I was born white I can't be the head of the NAACP. Because I was born male I can't be a waitress at Hooters. Such is life.

Grushevski filed this lawsuit after he tried to apply for a "Hooters Girls" job at a local restaurant. The manager told him that Hooters doesn't hire men as waiters. Grushevski says in the suit that he is offended by the decision and wants Hooters to give the same rights to men as a food server. A similar suit was filed against Hooters in 1997, when seven men from Chicago filed a $2-million claim against Hooters for not making the kitchen staff and bartender "gender neutral." Hooters paid the damages and reversed their policy, but in this case they are not willing to change their stance.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz12wAVQ75N

Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
Because I was born white I can't be the head of the NAACP. Because I was born male I can't be a waitress at Hooters. Such is life.

The NAACP was incorporated a year later in 1911. The association's charter delineated its mission:

To promote equality of rights and to eradicate caste or race prejudice among the citizens of the United States; to advance the interest of colored citizens; to secure for them impartial suffrage; and to increase their opportunities for securing justice in the courts, education for the children, employment according to their ability and complete equality before law.

The conference resulted in a more influential and diverse organization, where the leadership was predominantly white and heavily Jewish American. In fact, at its founding, the NAACP had only one African American on its executive board, Du Bois himself. It did not elect a black president until 1975, although executive directors had been African American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...Colored_People

Okay, now this is fun.

Same topic, only from MW.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 20, 2010, 10:18:50 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on October 20, 2010, 10:15:47 PM

Any opinions on Jews or Blacks, since we're stereotyping?

No but I have quite a few choice words reserved for the Irish.

EDIT: And dont get me started on Canadians
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/8074450/Canadian-military-officer-exposed-as-a-cross-dressing-killer.html?ref=nf
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on October 20, 2010, 11:57:59 PM
No but I have quite a few choice words reserved for the Irish.

HELLO!!!!

:argh!:

I'M IRISH!!!!!!!  

Do I have to come beat you with my fucking shillelagh?

UGH find another race to give shit too for a fucking while ok.

Also, since you can't seem to tell the fucking difference, where people come from is completely different from whatever they choose to worship.

Christ on a fucking crutch I'm going to the bar!