News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Where the next US war will be.

Started by Adios, December 18, 2010, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

The administration's top counterterrorism adviser said Friday that the al Qaeda group based in Yemen poses a greater threat to Americans than Osama bin Laden's group based in Pakistan.

John Brennan, assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism, said the Yemen-based group, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, is "increasingly active" in reaching out to find terrorist recruits, even in the United States.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/17/al.qaeda.yemen/index.html?hpt=T2

Looks like the warhawks have a target all picked out.

Cain

US Special Forces are already operating in Yemen (under the ever-useful cover of "offering training") and with the CIA carrying out drone attacks on suspected militants, with the Yemeni government running interference (Wikileaks let that one out of the bag, but appearances must be maintained).  Sounds like a war to me.

What interests me is the lack of coverage of US military involvement in Uganda.

Adios

I looked up Uganda, it's not just there but it seems we are in bed with several North African countries now. I did not know this. WTF.

Cain

China is buying up African resources and using the money to buy friends on the continent.

There are also lots of fundamentalist religious leaders in Africa who have good links with politically active American pastors, such, as Uganda's current leaders.

Adios

I also notice the two kill words in almost everything I could find to read.

Oil.

Terrorists.

So, the US really may be in a state of permanent war already.

East Coast Hustle

IIRC, the US has been at war in one form or another for all but 10 or 12 years in the entire history of the country.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

To put it another way, we've been on the leading edge of the evolution from "war as an extension of statecraft" to "war as a replacement for statecraft".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Also, Obama is hiring mercenaries at a rate that would make Bush blush.  And there is no oversight as to where these guys are serving at all.

Adios

So. The U.S. is the wolf in sheeps clothing.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 18, 2010, 03:09:27 PM
The administration's top counterterrorism adviser said Friday that the al Qaeda group based in Yemen poses a greater threat to Americans than Osama bin Laden's group based in Pakistan.

John Brennan, assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism, said the Yemen-based group, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, is "increasingly active" in reaching out to find terrorist recruits, even in the United States.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/17/al.qaeda.yemen/index.html?hpt=T2

Looks like the warhawks have a target all picked out.

I love how we are dodging Osama again.

I honestly think that the reason we havent found him is because we dont WANT to find him. Think about it, Osama is THE Bad GuyTM if we finally get his head on a platter people will be less angry/scared.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Adios

I just reposted the Fabian Window in Horrorology with the story as found in Canada Free Press. It's an interesting opinion.

Cain

Al-Qaeda in Yemen are a greater threat than Bin Laden's Afghan network.

That's because there are about 100 Al-Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan (NATO intelligence sources) and there are about 200 Al-Qaeda in Yemen members.

Ooh, scary.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2010, 06:05:10 PM

That's because there are about 100 Al-Qaeda fighters in Afghanistan (NATO intelligence sources) and there are about 200 Al-Qaeda in Yemen members.

Ooh, scary.

:lulz:

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on December 18, 2010, 06:05:10 PM

Ooh, scary.
Gasp, that means this whole thing is bigger than. . . . . . the So Solid Crew!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4