News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Arts You Can See with Your Face

Started by Nast, January 12, 2010, 07:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

After like 20 sad attempts I managed to copy a few lines from Tsurezuregusa which I think is called Essays in Idleness in English.

"Is the cherry to be viewed only at its height, or the moon only when it is full?
To yearn for the moon through falling rain, or to be shut away indoors and miss spring's passing can be still more deeply moving."
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

"In the spring, the dawn"

I joined the calligraphy club at school (lol ima nerd)
This is what we did.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Nast

Thank you, you're all too kind! I'll make sure to upload arts as I make them. Most of time I just do doodles and whatnot, hardly worth mentioning, but on occasion I'll do something worthwhile.
I'll share those with you.

Nast

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

This one's a remake of a picture I drew in 6th grade.

Nast

This was for a school project, in which I mashed up Henry Matisse's The Dessert: Harmony in Red with a woodblock print whose name I can't recall.

It's a large piece, with eye-raping colors.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:

that is awesome. i want it on my wall. lol

Remington

:mittens: :mittens:
These are awesome! I love that mashup one!
Is it plugged in?

NotPublished

Magnificant work there Nast! Your an incredible artist!
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on March 14, 2010, 11:01:41 PM
This was for a school project, in which I mashed up Henry Matisse's The Dessert: Harmony in Red with a woodblock print whose name I can't recall.

It's a large piece, with eye-raping colors.

Wow. NICE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Very nice! You've pretty much nailed Matisse's color palette. I spent a 4 hour painting session recreating one of his works (also for a school project), and I found his attitude of "If it looks red, paint is AS red. Don't waste your time mixing colors trying to get it to 'look right'," very refreshing.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!