News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I thought this is more than semantics -- Plan B isn't an abortifacient, right?  It doesn't terminate a pregnancy, it ensures the pregnancy doesn't happen in the first place.  It won't work if the woman is already pregnant.

A fetilized egg takes five to seven days to implant in the uterus.  Plan B prevents the implantation.

If the GOP pushes this line, they're making a HUGE step -- they're saying life doesn't begin at conception, it begins at fertilization.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2012, 01:36:34 PM
I thought this is more than semantics -- Plan B isn't an abortifacient, right?  It doesn't terminate a pregnancy, it ensures the pregnancy doesn't happen in the first place.  It won't work if the woman is already pregnant.

A fetilized egg takes five to seven days to implant in the uterus.  Plan B prevents the implantation.

If the GOP pushes this line, they're making a HUGE step -- they're saying life doesn't begin at conception, it begins at fertilization.

You're making an assumption here, LMNO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Ok, ok.  But I just want to be clear where the bad signal is coming from.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2012, 01:51:45 PM
Ok, ok.  But I just want to be clear where the bad signal is coming from.

The greater Phoenix area is where it is coming from.  That being known, nothing should be expected to make sense scientifically or even be coherent in a more general sense.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

And, since nobody else noticed, I'll spell it out.  They just basically banned contraception.

LMNO

Eeeeexcellent....
             \

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: v3x on August 27, 2012, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 27, 2012, 04:57:27 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on August 27, 2012, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 27, 2012, 04:49:47 AM
How are you enjoying your pregnancy?

I lost the baby. :cry:

If I were in Arizona, I'd be having a miscarriage right now! I've had approximately 312 "Arizona miscarriages" since my first one at age 13.

Not to mention that day after tomorrow I'm having a pre-emptive abortion that will abort all of my potential fetuses every month forever.

If I were in Arizona I would probably have to be jailed for deliberately pre-emptively aborting my fetus by not getting pregnant. It's a good thing we have responsible lawmakers looking out for teh babbys!

I know you hate me but my wife thinks that "Arizona Miscarriage" is the best and most hilarious possible term for her period, and I'd like to thank you for bringing a smile to her face during this trying time.

I don't hate you, I just think that you said some things that were utterly reprehensible, wrongheaded, and basically self-centered bullshit said from a position of blind privilege and male entitlement right from the center of a political environment that is hell-bent on stripping women of their rights all around you even while you deny it's happening.

But tell your wife she's welcome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2012, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: v3x on August 27, 2012, 06:31:51 PM
So far I've convinced 3 of my female friends that they should inundate state welfare offices with demands for pregnancy benefits every 2 weeks.

Problem:  Bureaucrats will simply pitch those, as it is the safest thing to do.

Instead, your friends should write the author of this bill and ask her why she's working while she's pregnant.

Arizona has "pregnancy benefits"?  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 01:59:14 PM
And, since nobody else noticed, I'll spell it out.  They just basically banned contraception.

Well, you can't control women's sexuality if women can control their own fertility, and if you can't control women's sexuality, you're letting God down.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 28, 2012, 03:57:48 PM

Well, you can't control women's sexuality if women can control their own fertility, and if you can't control women's sexuality, you're letting God down.

I think you're assuming too much intelligence on the part of the average teabilly.

I think it's more:

"HEY, I MISSED THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE 1950s WHEN EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!  LET'S GO BACK TO THAT.  AND LET'S SHOW THE LIBRULS A THING OR TWO WHILE WE'RE AT IT!"

LMNO

Ok, I've probably got a bad perspective on this, but I think I've noticed something.

In the 80s, Falwell's Moral Majority appeared to be a conservative reaction against the corrupt society they saw, and they rallied together to combat it.

In the... what the hell do we call this decade again?  Anyway, today, there seems to be a liberal reaction against the corrupt absolutely fucking lunatics they see in office, and many are rallying together to combat it.

What's that noise?  Oh, it's my Idealist Alert anklet.  I'm experiencing hight doses of optimism right now.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 05:39:46 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 28, 2012, 03:57:48 PM

I think you're assuming too much intelligence on the part of the average teabilly.

I think it's more:

"HEY, I MISSED THE GOLDEN AGE OF THE 1950s WHEN EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!  LET'S GO BACK TO THAT.  AND LET'S SHOW THE LIBRULS A THING OR TWO WHILE WE'RE AT IT!"

There is a theory, popular on certain liberal blogs, that a good 90% of what conservatives say and do is designed to wind liberals up and "show them a thing or two", and that the scorn they get from liberals is the object of the things they say and do.  Political ressentiment, as Nietzsche would have it.  I certainly don't think it is the whole story, but there is way too much evidence to discount the theory entirely. 

LMNO

Cain

Yes.  Sort of.  If shooting yourself in the foot, because onlookers tell you not to, can be considered trolling.

Which would be an excellent test of the theory, incidentally.  There needs to be a big liberal push against self-harming, just so I can see "Self-harming or self-helping: cutting yourself is actually good for you, and for society by Jonah Goldberg".

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2012, 06:42:04 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2012, 05:39:46 PM

I think it's more:

There is a theory, popular on certain liberal blogs, that a good 90% of what conservatives say and do is designed to wind liberals up and "show them a thing or two", and that the scorn they get from liberals is the object of the things they say and do.  Political ressentiment, as Nietzsche would have it.  I certainly don't think it is the whole story, but there is way too much evidence to discount the theory entirely. 

Possible, considering that when they get into office they never actually follow through on their evil plots like outlawing and impeding abortion, tossing the poor out onto the street, axing healthcare, starting unnecessary wars, defining entire groups of people as second class citizens with inferior rights, and slashing taxes for the rich.

Lol?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.